Everything posted by GreyAsh
-
UK #1s if songs were removed after reaching the top
Hmmm…. Interesting. I’m sure it was the Fine Young Cannibals. Fascinating list! Thank you.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Much bigger Brits effect than the singles chart!
-
Streaming Services Warrensphere Discussion; W/C 27/02/26
Gosh! A very muted response to the Brits. Ordinary performed yet it has dropped!
-
UK #1s if songs were removed after reaching the top
I preferred the old title 🙈🙈🙈 Confusing at first - but once we got used to it, we knew what we were getting! I guess you can’t please all of the people all of the time 🤣
-
Streaming Services Warrensphere Discussion; W/C 27/02/26
Looking at Apple today, Olivia Dean, followed by Harry Styles and Sombr seem to be the big winners from the BRITS. They’re the only ones who seem to have seen a continued significant increase over the past 24 hours. I can’t imagine Alex Warren getting a reset, but I’d be intrigued to see if any of Olivia’s songs get reset. As somebody else has said, we are getting less of an impact these days from the BRIT Awards, so it will be interesting to see what impact it has, and if there are any resets as a result.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Rosalia’s performance was great. But I also feel that Alex was vocally stronger - Bjork was amazing too. I support RAYE but I felt her performance was uninspiring and self-indulgent. She deserved her moment two years ago, but I think now she needs to move on and actually continue creating music that appeals to the fans IF she wants to maintain her strong reputation. That said, her success is based on doing what she wants musically - so I support her in that, even if I don’t want to listen to some of her tracks (or BRITS performances).
-
Streaming Services Warrensphere Discussion; W/C 27/02/26
I only watched the first half of the show, and even though I’m not a fan of Rosalia, that was the stand-out performance. The rest was a bit ‘meh’. I mean Alex Warren was good I guess, but it’s already a song we are a bit bored with. Likewise with Harry Styles - great performance, but the song is not one that inspired me.
-
Buzzjack Does The Brits 2026
I have only one thing to say right now watching the Brits: ‘I am a grateful grapefruit.’ (please tell me somebody gets the reference)
-
Friday Chart Predictions
I don’t feel it’s possible to say until after we see the impact of the Brits.
-
Buzzjack's Ultimate UK Number 8 Single - 2nd Semi-Final Results
3 losses in a row! But none of them were in my top 15 – so 13 of my top 15 made it through. Natalie Imbruglia was my biggest loss today. But delighted how many of my votes made it through.
-
Streaming Services Warrensphere Discussion; W/C 27/02/26
Sorry to the Alex Warren haters - finally listened to the song, and I really enjoyed it. I quite like Bella Kay’s track as well but it’s not as immediate (at least one of her other tracks is more immediate on first listen).
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Looking at Spotify and Apple, it could be anyone out of Alex Warren, Bella Kay or Sam Fender! Of course, who knows what will happen after the Brits?
-
Buzzjack's Ultimate UK Number 8 Single - 2nd Semi-Final Results
Damn! Sylvester is the 2nd of my high scorers to fall out but I’m pleased he got this far.
-
Buzzjack's Ultimate UK Number 8 Single - 2nd Semi-Final Results
Still only lost 1 of my top 17 (and 3 overall) - so with 5 songs left to go, this is looking really promising. But I shouldn’t speak too soon.
-
2026 BPI Certifications
Great to see The Bravery - An Honest Mistake getting classified, plus three brilliant songs from musicals: two tracks from SIX and She Used To Be Mine - the standout track from Waitress
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 27th February 2026
I think 3 this week.
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 27th February 2026
A lot of the chart has been quite predictable but I have no idea about the 3-10 positions. Though I thought Milky would be top 10.
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 27th February 2026
Who would have predicted ‘Landslide’ spending (at least) 8 weeks in the top 40 this year!
-
Streaming Services Warrensphere Discussion; W/C 27/02/26
Looks like Alex is heading to number 1, as that is such a fast start (I thought RAYE would be fastest out of the starting blocks)! I’ve not listened to it in full, only about five seconds, but I liked what I heard. I generally do like Alex Warren’s tracks - but I am still perplexed by ‘Ordinary’ as it is not one of my favourite songs of his.
-
Buzzjack's Ultimate UK Number 8 Single - 2nd Semi-Final Results
Tbf I could have given both Violet Hill and No Woman No Cry a few points. I didn’t shortlist them, but they’re on a par with my lowest six points. It wouldn’t have made a difference to whether or not they qualified though.
-
Buzzjack's Ultimate UK Number 8 Single - 2nd Semi-Final Results
That makes me feel old 🤣
-
Buzzjack's Ultimate UK Number 8 Single - 2nd Semi-Final Results
This was in my shortlist until I played it and remembered it was not as good as the original release which peaked higher.
-
Buzzjack's Ultimate UK Number 8 Single - 2nd Semi-Final Results
Oh no! My first big one out. 😭 Neither of Darren’s 2 songs have made the final. 🥺
-
Buzzjack's Ultimate UK Number 8 Single - 2nd Semi-Final Results
I’m impressed that I’ve still lost only 1! Unlike the first semi-final, I felt like I was seeing a lot of votes for my favourite songs.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
As the chart doesn’t use the latest day’s streaming on Spotify and Apple, she has a lot more sales to come (though she may be screwed by Thursday’s estimates). Surprised to see Man I Need losing ground on both Lush Life and I Just Might - but all three could easily be pushed out of the top 5 by Friday.