Everything posted by GreyAsh
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 9th January 2026
‘Silver Springs’ above ‘Should I Stay Or Should I Go’ on both streaming and (particularly) audio streaming charts, so it probably would have made the top 40 if it was reset (though only had a 15% increase). And then, Everywhere would have been kicked out of the chart on primary artist rules.
-
2025 singles year to date estimates
Guinness book of British hit singles 16th edition - up to the end of 2002.
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 09/01/26
I’m pretty sure Luke Combs was released earlier, probably yesterday.
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 9th January 2026
Was just about to say 🤣 The tables have turned since 1989 (apologies to those you don’t get the joke) - but they definitely seem to prefer Jack Saunders to Fleetwood Mac.
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 9th January 2026
Top 20 single and top 3 album, and they still skip it! Also, it happens to be the highest new entry! But why play the other tracks and not this!!
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 9th January 2026
Fleetwood Mac, first top 40 since ‘Dreams’ in 2020. First top 20 since ‘Everywhere’ in 2013 First new top 40 (50) hit since everywhere in 1988.
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 9th January 2026
I wasn’t expecting Fleetwood Mac to be so high! Fingers crossed for top 20, but I would be surprised if they’re not 21.
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 9th January 2026
15% increase only for Silver Springs on Spotify
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 9th January 2026
Try ‘top 15’ (well 17 at least)
- Rank Kylie Minogue's #1s
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 9th January 2026
I think Fleetwood Mac will be 25 then. These three tracks had very similar streams on Spotify.
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 9th January 2026
I think you’re right - I think they have made the decision to reset all of the classic tracks that were in the midweek top 100 - and who would reach the top 40 this week - based on recent increases of more than 25% even if they weren’t in the past week. Excluding any perennially charting tracks.
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 9th January 2026
30 songs left Top 25 from Chart Update Kehlani Prince Fleetwood Mac Presumably Diana Ross Police might be granted a reset - though it charted back in October or Pink Pony Club or?
-
Top 100 Best Selling Albums of the 2020s (2025 update)
So pleased to see Rumours still on the up! And just about staying above AM (and Morning Glory) - so possibly the highest ranked classic album. Still 300,000 behind Oasis overall though. I wonder if it will make the top 10 for the decade?
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 09/01/26
Do you mean Djo? He’s just fallen below Olivia Dean on the Spotify daily chart. .
-
Friday Chart Predictions
So - after looking at Spotify, I’m thinking Kate Bush, Tiffany, Prince and Fleetwood Mac all top 25 today - has there ever been such a retro chart outside of the Christmas period?
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 09/01/26
Looking at the Spotify chart, we should get resets from ‘Purple Rain’, ‘Landslide’ (and ‘Heroes’ which last charted in 2017). ‘Silver Springs’ looks like it will miss out - I make its Friday to Wednesday figure a 15% increase week on week.
-
iTunes Weekly Thread w/c 9th January 2026
Interesting that Bruno Mars hasn’t made a massive impact yet. Maybe he still will. (I’ve not listened to the song yet.) But I’m currently hoping that if Djo doesn’t get to Number 1 today, he will next Friday.
-
Rank Kylie Minogue's #1s
Woah! All that love for ‘Slow’! If I listed my favourite Kylie songs, her Number 1 singles probably wouldn’t come anywhere near the top. Currently: 1 Slow 2 XMAS 3 I Should Be So Lucky 4 Hand On Your Heart 5 Especially For You 6 Can’t Get You Out Of My Head 7 Spinning Around 8 Tears On My Pillow ‘Slow’ was clearly ahead of its time. My love for it has grown, whereas my love for all of the other songs has declined. And the latest version of ‘Slow’ is amazing - and it is how it should’ve been recorded in the first place. It’s not a remix, more an extended version, and the end just adds to the track.
-
Favourite First New #1 Singles of the Year
So many good tracks there! There’s clearly something to be said about being the first new Number 1 of the year.
-
Radio 1 Playlist (09/01/26): Internet girl, get up off the treadmill and play the banjo song
I’ve not really followed the Radio 1 playlist - but some songs have been on there for a very long time. I wonder what the record is? I see they have taken Raindance off after 9 weeks, despite the fact that it is riding high in the charts at the moment. It makes me wonder whether they will leave Stateside on despite the fact that it is finally taking off.
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 02/01/26
The neurodivergent in me still needs a little more training in its use. I’ll get there! But I like the idea of ‘iconic!’
-
Friday Chart Predictions
I think it would help as he’s been ahead considerably on Spotify - but was until recently behind on Amazon.
-
2025 singles year to date estimates
Way above any other Number 2 on physicals! Stranger On The Shore is probably 2nd. Of course it has now gone on to sell more than 1.9 million - including downloads. I think it is now at 10 in all time pure sales - and has maybe 20,000 extra physicals since this. That said, in physicals that puts it at best up two Places to above Baby One More Time.
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 09/01/26
End of Beginning is now above Golden on Amazon - and that’s really impressive (though still below Man I Need.