Jump to content

GreyAsh

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GreyAsh

  1. With the songs that have gone already, I would say it is looking good for Tiffany to be in the top 40 today. All three were below her in the mids, and she has been strong towards NYD.
  2. As that was on a Thursday, and Spotify streams aren’t counted on a Thursday, hopefully it will show the necessary jump to get a reset this coming week. I’m assuming it has never charted, but I haven’t checked.
  3. I imagine Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Ed Sheeran, Elton John and Kylie Minogue have done the Christmas Top 3 medal positions (correct me if I’m wrong). Anyone else if we include charity records?
  4. So Jason Donovan did a clean sweep of Christmas top 3 positions within 12 months (and within 15 months of his first chart appearance). 1988 Christmas #2 1989 Christmas #1 and #3 Has anyone equalled or beaten these records? George Michael did this in 1984-1985. 1984 #1 and #2 1985 #3 Who has has done the clean sweep, and has anyone done it within 12/13 months?
  5. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I was thinking 4 or 5 (Kelly being just in or just out) but I hadn’t taken into consideration the fact that Thursday’s Spotify estimate will be affected by Boxing Day.
  6. There were about 100 songs that I wanted to vote for, so hopefully many of them can make it through even if I didn’t vote for them. I wonder what the threshold is likely to be to be in the top 100?
  7. Tiffany at a new peak despite not being New Year playlisted! As it was already one of the 40 biggest non-Christmas songs on Monday’s Chart Update, and has kept on growing, I expect it to make the top 40 tomorrow - unless there are lots of last-minute resets! Hooray. How bizarre that the song Kylie knocked off the Number 1 spot in 1988 when she had her first number 1 single is charting again at the same time as Kylie’s latest Number 1 single. Fingers crossed, they are both in the top 40.
  8. +30 Taylor Dayne – Prove Your Love +29 Kylie Minogue - Padam Padam +28 Bananarama – Cruel Summer +27 Samantha Fox – Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now +26 Michael Jackson – Smooth Criminal +25 Linkin Park – In the End +24 Savage Garden – Affirmation +23 Heart – Never/These Dreams +22 Rufus & Chaka Khan – Ain't Nobody +21 Darren Hayes – Insatiable +20 The Veronicas – Untouched +19 Ace of Base – Cruel Summer +18 Fine Young Cannibals – Suspicious Minds +17 Fine Young Cannibals – Johnny Come Home +16 Backstreet Boys – The Call +15 Pet Shop Boys – Rent *14 Belinda Carlisle – Always Breaking My Heart +13 Bananarama – Venus +12 Alexandra Burke – Broken Heels +11 Eurythmics – Here Comes the Rain Again +10 The Beautiful South – Don't Marry Her +9 Robyn – Dancing on My Own +8 t.A.T.u. – All About Us +7 Alison Moyet – All Cried Out +6 Pebbles – Girlfriend +5 Meat Loaf – Bat Out of Hell +4 Avril Lavigne – Sk8er Boi +3 Puddle of Mudd – Blurry +2 Hazel O'Connor – Will You? +1 Erasure – Breath of Life Let me know if I’m not allowed ‘Ain’t Nobody’.
  9. Love this! It’s still on my Christmas playlist.
  10. Nooooooooo! 😱 I love Mel & Kim RATCT
  11. Christmas #2, and #1 after Christmas.
  12. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Ditto… ‘11 year old brain’.
  13. Hooray for Fleetwood Mac making top 5 - and staying ahead of Weeknd, though just missing out to Oasis on being the top greatest hits collection other than recent releases (Ed Sheeran). And hooray for Rumours climbing into the top 20 at the last minute as a result of being bought for Christmas presents - and to staying ahead of Arctic Monkeys to be the second biggest retro studio album - but missing out to Oasis again. Oasis have clearly had a great year, and Fleetwood Mac just seem to be getting bigger year on year - or at least not fading away. 50 Years - has spent the past 6 years at 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 (and almost - though not quite - in that order).
  14. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I feel it will be more than that. ‘Last Christmas’ just missed out last year, with a much lower total streaming figure - so I think at least four Christmas songs will be in, if not more.
  15. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Nobody has mentioned that Tiffany is in! Originally it was clearly denied a reset because a reset would not have pushed it into the top 40 (it was not significantly below Kate Bush in streaming). It looks like it has finally been reset after all!? So hoping that Tiffany will get into the top 40 – and I also have a feeling that she will get a lot of New Year’s Eve streams - though I don’t know if she is on any New Year’s Eve playlists. And yes, it does look as though the OCC has done away with the one reset per artist rule.
  16. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    +5 Kylie Minogue - XMAS +4 Wham! - Last Christmas +3 The Pogues feat. Kirsty MacColl - Fairytale Of New York +2 Chris Rea - Driving Home For Christmas +1 Kelly Clarkson - Underneath The Tree -1 Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You -2 Shakin’ Stevens - Merry Christmas Everyone -3 Brenda Lee - Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree -4 Elton John - Step Into Christmas -5 Bobby Helms - Jingle Bell Rock
  17. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    All too often in this group we have focused too much on Spotify, and then being surprised that the songs doing best on Spotify aren’t always number 1. On Amazon it’s Golden followed by Man I Need. And in terms of SCR: Fate Of Ophelia WHERE IS MY HUSBAND! Lush Life Raindance Rein Me In On Apple SCR Fate Of Ophelia Raindance WHERE IS MY HUSBAND! On Spotify, the difference between those three songs is tiny, and it appears much bigger on Apple and Amazon.
  18. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    It’s doing very well on Amazon. It will dip as the week goes on.
  19. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I’d love RAYE to but I think it will be ‘Faye Of Ophelia’.
  20. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I know we have all discussed this before, but I can’t remember the answer. Are we expecting a First Look Chart today? And at what point during the week do January resets happen? I know for the rest of the year it takes place only on the Friday.
  21. Yes. It’s about another 10k behind I think.
  22. There are two Amazon Charts. The other one begins: 3 Golden 10 Man I Need 14 Fate of Ophelia 19 Where Is My Husband 24 Ordinary 31 Lush Life 33 I Run 34 Soda Pop 36 RainDance 37 Rein Me In Clearly it has combined versions of Golden.
  23. Just a few minutes meant I found the info across two posts last year.
  24. If this is 585k I’ve made it 6,795k. And I have Killers on 6,800k. Boxing Day streams should take Last Christmas past The Killers.
  25. Yes, they have that information, but I think we’ve agreed in the past that they don’t use it.