Jump to content

GreyAsh

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GreyAsh

  1. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Because it includes less than 80% of the tracks on the original album.
  2. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Over on singles, I feel RAYE is on track to sell around 36,600. Wham! were on 35,800 last week and are already up 4,600 week on week, so should easily make 40,000 even if the rest of the week is no higher than last week. But their Sunday Spotify streams are up 100,000 (maybe 500 sales) on last week - so I feel RAYE stands almost zero chance. However, I can’t see Kylie quite making the top 10 of singles chart this week - though probably top 15. At best, squeezing in at number 10.
  3. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Olivia will sell around 18,500. Kylie needs 3,500 more sales. It’s a lot but Kylie’s team can deliver if they try. I think the key will be quickly starting to sell left over exclusives from the Kylie pop-up store online. There were a total of 5000 vinyl there. Gut feeling though is: 1) Olivia Dean 2) Kylie
  4. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I’m pretty sure it’s the overall total (according to the grapevine).
  5. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    This time last year the non-Christmas songs did significantly better in the final chart than the Update.
  6. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    One thing to note regarding Kylie‘s chances of peeking high, she has fallen below Brenda Lee since this time last week.
  7. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    And 3 Olivia Dean in the top 4!
  8. This is certainly true of Wham! and Mariah. I’m Guessing it’s also true of the other Christmas songs - but also tracks on Spotify are down in general, right? Either Spotify has decreased its reach or streaming is spread more. Generally I think Wham! are less down percentage wise as the season goes on. About 10%/11% down at present
  9. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Gut feeling Wham! number 1 (looking at Spotify figures) compared with last week. But not sure whether RAYE or Mariah at 2.
  10. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I’d say just outside top 10 but we will have a better idea tomorrow when we have some figures.
  11. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    But surely it was still just an approximation. Exact physical numbers would never have been known.
  12. 191 on Apple. The only/highest new entry so far.
  13. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Using Spotify figures alone, ‘Last Christmas’ will have already closed the gap (which I think was 4-5,000) by 2,000 sales in just one day. As that does not include Apple and Amazon, and as today is the first Saturday in December, by Monday I’ll assume ‘Last Christmas’ will already have made the 4- 5,000 progress it needs and will therefore already be well ahead (by over 2,000) in the Chart Update. Edit: actually the 5,000 is by the First Look chart - so probably 8-9000 by Monday giving it a lead of 5,000 or more.
  14. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I would have to compare the figures with with Guinness Book of British Hit Singles from the early 2000s - but I’m sure that has ‘Last Christmas’ at 1.5 million - but that might be an anomaly, as this list might only include the original release in 1984, whereas the other list might also include the 1985 version.
  15. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I’ve selected a few tracks from the list, and I think their sales are far lower than anything I’ve seen reported before (or since). Including figures I’ve seen Alan Jones using in his weekly report.
  16. Just spotted that ‘Last Christmas’ is now in the Apple charts twice (1 and 188) - as is ‘All I Want For Christmas…’
  17. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    You’ve lost me. Next week (as in: next Friday) we are both agreed it will be Number 1. Therefore, it will match the record of 18 weeks at Number 1. Did you think I meant the following week?
  18. +40 Kylie Minogue - Padam Padam Dua Lipa - New Rules Rosé & Bruno Mars - APT. Steps - Scared of the Dark Chappell Roan - Pink Pony Club Adele - Hello Dua Lipa - Training Season RAYE (feat. 070 Shake) - Escapism. JADE - Angel Of My Dreams Dua Lipa - Physical Chappell Roan - Good Luck, Babe! Miley Cyrus - Midnight Sky Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits Little Mix - Touch Käärijä - Cha Cha Cha Blossoms - Charlemagne Dua Lipa - Houdini Clean Bandit (feat. Anne-Marie & Sean Paul) - Rockabye Mark Ronson (feat. Miley Cyrus) - Nothing Breaks Like A Heart Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero Lil Nas X - Montero (Call Me By Your Name) Alan Walker (feat. Iselin) - Faded Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho Little Mix - Sweet Melody Ariana Grande - We can't be friends (wait for your love) Adele - When We Were Young Rita Ora - Anywhere Dua Lipa - Break My Heart Major Lazer (feat. DJ Snake & MØ) - Lean On Zara Larsson - Lush Life Zach Bryan & Kacey Musgraves - I Remember Everything Sabrina Carpenter - Espresso Charli xcx (feat. Lorde) - Girl, so confusing Clean Bandit (feat. Zara Larsson) - Symphony Charli xcx (feat. Billie Eilish) - Guess Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut To The Feeling Ava Max - My Head & My Heart Troye Sivan - Rush Taylor Swift - Cruel Summer Måneskin - Zitti E Buoni +1
  19. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    So next week ‘Last Christmas’ Should match the record.
  20. Typically retro songs on ACR, are seemingly only reset if in doing so they will make the top 40, right? I imagine if there were no Christmas songs, Tiffany would have made the top 40 if she was granted a reset and therefore would have been granted a reset (some other tracks too). Do you think I’m right in saying this?
  21. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Why is that? I loved the song but don’t even remember what month it was released.
  22. Love this! (And XMAS). Dislike ‘Office Party’… although it could grow on me.
  23. I love these charts! Thanks for doing them. But you have Wham! and Olivia Dean the wrong way round. The figures are correct, but the order seems to be wrong.
  24. GreyAsh posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Kylie at 14 is ahead of Tom Grennan’s 18 from last year - so could be on the verge of the top 20 this week - probably just outside.
  25. For the Christmas songs? I think Last Christmas is down about 9% - whereas last week they were down 15-20% I think