Everything posted by earthisturning
-
Radio 1 Playlist (07/08/2026)
Tell me about it - I think it might be one of his worst songs ever.
-
Radio 1 Playlist (07/08/2026)
There appears to be no Tune of the Weekend this week. Have they ditched it?
-
Radio 1 Discussion
Not just cover he was a permanent presenter
-
Radio 1 Discussion
I enjoy him as well, I can't help but feel he's not appreciated as much as he should be. He came through the Christmas presenter scheme in 2022 and did various cover work, only got a permanent slot in 2025 (Weekend Early Breakfast Saturdays 6-7AM) and now has got Life Hacks with Shanequa, Sundays 7-9PM. I do enjoy hearing him cover with Swarzy and ideally would've liked to see them take over the Group Chat slot (make it a normal daytime show) with Nat and Vicky moving to weekdays.
-
Dance Track of the Week: Week 32
My Darlin - what a collab
-
Radio 1 Discussion
Who are everyone's favourite cover presenters? Presenters who don't yet have a permanent show you'd like to hear more of. For me, I rate Joel Mitchell highly but I can't see him getting a permanent slot at Radio 1 ever. If Mylo and Rosie and Emil Franchi weren't so (deservedly) high in the rankings, I think he might've got Early or Weekend Breakfast in this schedule change. He'll more likely go to 5 Live now as he's started to pick up cover there. I enjoy Alex Mansuroglu but he hasn't been heard since covering the chart in August 2025 and before then it was the weekend afternoon rotation in November 2024. Lauren Redfern and Minah Shannon are always a good listen as well, Minah should've replaced Nat instead of Charley in my opinion. Lauren and Minah are still so early in their Radio 1 journeys that a permanent slot in the future is likely.
-
Other Radio Playlists
Still no mention of who's taking over Sam's slot at KISS.
-
Other Radio Playlists
On Radio X this weekend, no presenter was listed for 2-6AM which Nels Hylton usually presents. Alice Hopkins is usually on from 6-8AM and her show was extended to 4-8AM, meaning 2-4AM had no presenters. Could Global be cutting back on overnight broadcasts on their main stations? However, Global Player lists Nels 2-6AM and Alice 6-8AM next Saturday. If they do get rid of the 2-6AM slot I'd much rather Nels presents 4-8AM and have Alice do work on Capital, she already covers on Capital Scotland!
-
Clementine Douglas - Trust
I'm really liking it
-
Jazzy - Peace & Patience
And it's a TUNE
-
Radio 1 Playlist (07/08/2026)
Yeah I think 'There Goes Ma Head' should've been a single before 'Get Me Down'
-
Other Radio Playlists
Yeah it's likely
-
Clementine Douglas - Trust
A tune
-
Have you ever had any of your own music published online?
This is a bit of a tune
-
Have you ever had any of your own music published online?
Agreed producing music is so hard, I sometimes go through phases of really wanting to be an artist then realise it's way too hard.
-
ADÉLA - Ain't in LA
Didn't expect that!
-
What will be the next new UK number 1 single?
Yes!!!
-
What will be the next new UK number 1 single?
I think 'Movin' To The Sun' will be the next number 1 as it's steadily movin' to the top spot.
-
Radio 1 Playlist (07/08/2026)
I honestly can't believe that daytime Radio 1 don't support Rose Gray. She should be in the same league as Holly Humberstone or Maisie Peters, always supported but no chart success!
-
Radio 1 Playlist (07/08/2026)
Yes probably, it's a shame as 'Alive' is so boring.
-
Radio 1 Playlist (07/08/2026)
Great to see 'My Place' and 'Someday, Somewhere' moving up to the A list, I'm not sure that boring Jorja Smith song needed to join them though. Nice to see 'Sad Girls', 'Manhattan', 'Us Against The World' and 'Oh Mother' up to the B list, unsure why 'Sad Girls' is moved up when doing nothing and the #41 hit 'New Religion' was stuck on the C list. Good adds in the C list. 'Ain't In LA' grows on me the more I hear it, very big 'We Can't Stop' vibes. Way too early to remove 'White Noise'.
-
Capital FM Playlist 2026
You mean Bruno M**s?
-
Radio 1 Playlist (07/08/2026)
A List: Ariana Grande - petal [A-A] Calvin Harris & Jazzy - Satisfy [C-C-B-B-B-B-A-A-A-A-A] Charli xcx - Camera [A-A] FLO - Don't Break Her Heart [C-B-B-B-A-A-A] Gracie Abrams - Look at My Life [A-A-A-A-A-A-A] Harry Styles - Dance No More [A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A-A] HUGEL, Imael Angel & Ultra Naté - Movin' To The Sun [C-B-A-A-A-A] Jazzy & Chris Lorenzo - Invisible [C-B-B-A-A] ↑ Jorja Smith featuring Wizkid - Alive [C-B-B-A] ↑ Josh Baker & Poppy Baskcomb - My Place [C-B-B-A] ↑ Jungle - Someday, Somewhere [C-B-A] KATSEYE - Animal [B-A-A] Phoebe Bridgers - Lost Boys [B-B-B-A-A-A-A] SIENNA SPIRO - Great Expectation [A-A-A-A-A-A] sombr - My Body Isn't Ready [A-A-A-A-A-A-A] B List: Aitch - RMB (Ring My Bell) [C-B-B-B-B-B] beabadoobee - Sun Has Set [C-C-B-B-B-B] ↑ Bebe Rexha & David Guetta - Sad Girls [C-B] ↑ Carlita & SOFI TUKKER - Manhattan [C-B] Chase & Status featuring J Hus & IRAH - Disgruntled [C-B-B] ↑ December 10 - Us Against The World [C-B] Ella Langley - Be Her [C-B-B-B-B-B-B] Erin LeCount - THE CINEMA [C-C-B-B-B] ↑ Fat Dog - Cancel Me (I'm Tired) [C-C-C-B] The Kid LAROI featuring Kehlani - GIRLS (Remix) [C-B-B] kwn - risk it all [C-C-B-B] ROLE MODEL - High Hopes 3000 [C-B-B-B-B-B-B-B] ↑ Sam Smith & The TwoCity Chorus - Oh Mother [C-C-B] Tove Lo - I'm your girl right? [C-B-B] C List: * ADÉLA - Ain't In LA [C] * Alessi Rose - Dependent [C] * FISHER featuring Florence Arman - What A Life [C] * John Summit & Absolutely - DON'T BELIEVE IT [C] K-Trap & Young Adz - CAN'T SAY NO [C-C] Lime Garden - Cross My Heart [C-C] Nia Archives featuring Jorja Smith - Get Me Down [C-C-C-C] Overmono - Lockup [C-C-C] * Rachel Chinouriri - One song away from crying [C] * Slayyyter - brand new chanel$ [C] Westside Cowboy - Pin Up Boys [C-C] BBC Introducing Tune of the Week: DAMEDAME. - FIRE BURNIN' THRU THE RAIN Radio 1's Future Artist for August: Keo ('Pistol' is being played) Out: Blossoms - Meet Me In Love [C-C-B-B-B] Charli xcx - Wink Wink [A-A-A-A-A-A] Ezra Collective featuring Pa Salieu - Only Love [C-B-B-B-B-B-A-A-A] Holly Humberstone - White Noise [C-C-B-B] Silva Bumpa - On 2nite [C-B-A-A-A-A-A-A] STELLA LEFTY - Boston [C-B-B-B-B-A-A-A-A-A-A]
-
Indie/Rock/Alt Track of the Week 2026: Week 31
Rachel
-
Radio 1 Discussion
Also, Monday will be Reading and Leeds Day. 07:00 - 11:00 is Sam and Danni, 11:00 - 13:00 is Rickie, Melvin and Charlie, 13:00 - 15:30 is Matt and Jerry and 15:30 - 18:00 is Katie and Jamie.