Jump to content

TheSnake

Memberrs
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheSnake

  1. Don't know that Lana track but the two singles 'Video Games' and 'Born To Die' gave me chills particularly the latter - great but sad tracks. 'Somebody I Used To Know' was good and interesting at the start but yeah overplay ruined it for me and I prefer Doechii's 'Anxiety'.
  2. I liked Problem at the time and also with its heavy use of brass its like a precursor to 'Uptown Funk'.
  3. Really like it, it is very 90s hard eurodance!
  4. 2020 - Regard and Raye - Secrets Love this and should have been nominated by now. The production very much reminds me of Cloonee + Prospa - Good Girl but the song 'Secrets' is better.
  5. Tsunami is good, clearly influenced by 00s hard dance, it builds well and the drop is good.
  6. Yeah Billy Bragg must have been popular at this time as he wrote Kirsty MacColl's 'A New England' from the previous batch.
  7. Which reminds me of nominating: 2020 - Mabel - Boyfriend 2022 - Dove Cameron - Boyfriend (Dove the best of the three easily).
  8. Voted for Karmin, a guilty pleasure, so bad its good. Not a big Buzzjack itunes thread fave back in the day I remember. Party Hard is a bit tuneless tbh.
  9. 'Heart of Asia' is such a good atmospheric trance tune. 'Tell Me Why' sounds/has lyrics way more wintery than a May released track. Both quite unpoppy trance songs making the charts despite the success of the poppier Alice Deejay form of the genre. The bassline and feminist message of the Madison Avenue song are good but the vocal style/effects sounds very of its time. Another dance song at #1 though! It and all the dance songs top 10 reminds me how 2000 and 2014 are the biggest ever years for dance in the UK chart and they look unlikely to be beaten any time soon.
  10. BEST Pat Benatar - Love Is A Battlefield Philip Bailey And Phil Collins - Easy Lover Paul Young - Every Time You Go Away Loose Ends - Hangin' On A String (Contemplating) Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The World NEXT BEST Sheila E - The Belle Of St Mark Dream Academy - Life In A Northern Town ABC - Be Near Me 'Love Is A Battlefield' is great and a real precursor I think to 90s dance like De'Lacy - Hideaway with the epic soulful vocal and fast production. 'Easy Lover' is a great mix of rock and post-disco. 'Every Time You Go Away' is a great emotive and atmospheric ballad. 'Hanging On A String' sounds very cool and ahead of its time in terms of R&B. 'Everybody Wants To Rule The World' I used to really like but its been ruined a bit by overplay, it still makes my top 5 though. 'The Belle of St Mark' is a good Hi-NRG tune. Dream Academy - Life In A Northern Town is a good but sad tune. ABC - Be Near Me is a good song but they have a better song still to come in 1987.
  11. Oh Behind The Scenes lol thought BTS had done a cover of the song there.
  12. TheSnake posted a post in a topic in Taylor Swift's Taylor Swift
    Yes definitely reminds me of that Shaboozey song.
  13. TheSnake posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I remember the two versions of 'The Hanging Tree' making the chart, original and Hosh dance remix!
  14. TheSnake posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    'Turn Around' is so nostalgic. 'She Wolf (Falling to Pieces)' is fab too.
  15. TheSnake posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I'll take my pride This and Bloodstream are hard hitting ballads so I get why they are doing so well.
  16. TheSnake posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Aww thats her better song but the other one is clearly more memeable.
  17. TheSnake posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    My Songs... and Phoenix were rock though. Uma Thurman was like rockabilly and Young Volcanoes was poppier though. I prefer 'Trapped' of his two hits.
  18. Aww we missed Brer Rabbit's votes 😞 Yay for King and Kirsty and Bryan though but they should have been a bit higher on the votes! I do like The Smiths How Soon Is Now and it sounds influential for Talk Talk - Life's What You Make It which will be coming quite soon.
  19. TheSnake posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I preferred his song Beautiful with Mariah It does have that deep male speaking voice like Adéla Aint in LA so can see why its taking off.
  20. Yeah but there were loads of dance songs at UK #1 in 2014 more than any other year! Completely forgot about that Cheryl song going to #1.
  21. Are all the non-dance songs out now, lol?!
  22. King - Love and Pride in production sounds more 1981-2 - like the first Spandau single To Cut A Long Story Short or Classix Nouveaux - Is It A Dream. I really like it, and its a shame it was held off #1. Prince - Little Red Corvette is a nice track. Pointer Sisters - Neutron Dance is a strange mix of 50s rock and roll and Hi-NRG the old and new doesn't really go together. Chaka Khan - This Is My Night is quite good but yeah she has better songs. I discovered Russ Abbot - Atmosphere on an 80s music programme when I was a child and I actually really liked it before realising it was from a comedian.
  23. Interesting - This is like Stock Aitken Waterman - Roadblock in that its a song by renouned record producers but using their own name!
  24. Done! Don't be afraid to catch fish.
  25. TheSnake posted a post in a topic in The Music Lounge
    @Bjork come back to Buzzjack!