Jump to content

TheSnake

Memberrs
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheSnake

  1. TheSnake posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    It's a bit Leah McFall! OIP.zyW7l816GB086wgTZLuUNAHaFj (474×355)
  2. Spandau Ballet - Gold Asia - Don't Cry Depeche Mode - Everything Counts Genesis - Mama Herbie Hancock - Rockit Paul Young - Come Back And Stay Wham! - Club Tropicana KC And The Sunshine Band - Give It Up Ryan Paris - Dolce Vita 'Gold' is a bit overplayed on radio but it builds well and is a great sophistipop/dancepop track with world music beat influence and a good vocal! Also the band Asia had a great vocalist too, discovered them on one of my dad's classic rock CD's but Asia were bigger in America than here, but 'Don't Cry' is a great rock track. 'Everything Counts' is a good dark synthpop/alt-dance track. 'Mama' by Genesis is very dark too. 'Rockit' is a good ahead of its time sample based dance record with a good video, Art of Noise would be influenced by it! Paul Young 'Come Back And Stay' good pop song and just missing out! Also an improvement in quality from Wham! - classic holiday tune. Give It Up is a bit dated and disco for 1983 but is still a good feelgood track. I like the Italo-disco genre but Dolce Vita isn't one of the best!
  3. Dirtee Disco is quite good, it's kind of a late 90s disco house revival - in fact its similar to Stretch and Vern - I'm Alive. And as I read before on Buzzjack the 'Disco Disco Disco Disco' bit may refer to Ray from 2Unlimited's infamous 'Techno Techno Techno Techno' on the UK version of No Limit.
  4. The intro of Most Beautiful Girl In The World reminds me of Whitesnake - Is This Love! The song is a bit over sweet lyrically and Prince has better songs.
  5. Doop is good fun!
  6. Not sure I like. She's gone for shouty loudpop verse like Slayyter - CRANK!
  7. 'We Came To Dance' is good, the melody is quite reminiscent of ABBAs The Winner Takes It All. The Elton song is good too, builds well. 'What A Feeling' is good and vibrant I agree but overplayed a lot on TV/radio. I sometimes confuse the band names Shakatak and Shalamar in the archive charts.
  8. 'Green Light' has some awful lyrics but is saved by a fantastic pop chorus. I didn't mind 'Start Without You'.
  9. Bangaranga isn't far from Jump and Pinky Up in sound so definitely has chart potential.
  10. My first thought is we need the national finals back. But then I thought knowing the British public at the moment they would vote through an English nationalist/ Reform/far right supporting entry!
  11. Not surprised at the sound of the winner, that K-pop Blackpink/Katseye adjacent high energy dance-pop-hip hop sound is popular at the moment.
  12. Dear Darlin'
  13. Bangaranga must have gone viral online in Europe for it to beat Israel's political televote. Well done to Dara.
  14. 'Eyes Wide Shut' was a good song though!
  15. TheSnake posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    What a list have to post Joseph's Cilla meme again!
  16. The song's missing a beat.
  17. I thought Mila Falls' peak popularity was years ago, 'New Levels' with Tobtok I remember doing well on the itunes chart. Pity it wan't much of a hit elsewhere!
  18. I suppose Garrix was going less hard by 2015 with stuff like 'Don't Look Down' (which is still nostalgic though). Yeah 'Repeat It' is very Heart FM dance lol!
  19. Went for James Hype kind of reviving the 90s Eurodance synth riff!
  20. Would be ironic if Australia and Israel are the top 2, as neither country is in geographical Europe.
  21. It didn't cut the mustard?!
  22. That Cappella song is very good and fun. The 80s Hi-NRG and synth influence by sampling Alphaville is great. Like him or not, Meatloaf was going to go to #1 because of the crossover appeal with older record buyers who remember him from the 70s! The Dina Carroll song builds well and is a bit Whitney sounding in production.
  23. CGI not AI!
  24. It is less basic than 'Dior'. Poppy is the new Jazzy?!