Jump to content

TheSnake

Memberrs
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheSnake

  1. I disliked the overuse of Kygo style tropical house/tropical pop at the time but now some of the songs are nostalgic. so voted for ALMA - Chasing Highs, one of the better ones.
  2. The penguins bowling, the jazz era tripping up scene and the closing down bookshop sale were the hardest for me.
  3. Didn't know you sent that, Wynter Gordon is great, I also really like Ladi Dadi (Tommy Trash remix)
  4. 'Your Woman' is a good and unusual song, the vocal style/effect reminds me of the first verse of the also very good Space - Female of The Species too. The quality of the chorus and riff of 'Your Woman' is such that the 2010 cover/sample with Shy Fx, Naughty Boy, Emeli Sande and Wiley was quite good too. 'Unfinished Sympathy' is epic vocally and is a song I have liked for a long time, since the late 90s when its music video was still played a lot on the music channels.
  5. The Roxy Music song with the synth sounds like a new wave track from 1979 indeed. 'Layla' is iconic and a very good rock song with euphoric guitar. I like the production on the Slade song with the big drum sound in the second half verses. Maybe the vocal's a bit loud though lol. 'Sugar Me' in production sounds great for the time - bit of an early 80s Shakatak style vibe to it. The violin is probably Slade - Coz I Love You inspired. Popcorn by Hot Butter is definitely ahead of its time - it almost certainly influenced the Popcorn Romanian eurodance genre in 2010 especially Inna - Hot which has similar high pitched minimalist synth melodies.
  6. BUT I'M SO GLAD I MADE IT OUT!
  7. I hope iamspamspamami - Play (In The Kitchen) wins. Seriously though Vengaboys are hard to beat here.
  8. Yeah one of the best UK top 2s of all time.
  9. Sadeness is amazing the ethereal sound and parts in French spoken lyrics remind me of Visage - Fade To Grey. It is like the 90s equivalent to that track in being so successful in the chart for its unpoppy sound.
  10. If only Adele had released her album yet too to join her 1 letter away namesake in the chart.
  11. TheSnake posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Phil Collins and Philip Bailey - Easy Lover must have got a reset lol. Not sure it's doing well enough on the OCC Chart to get one there!
  12. TheSnake posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I thought it was UK based sales of all R&B sorry.
  13. TheSnake posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    'No Scrubs' #1 on that?
  14. Thrift Shop is fun but not one of my faves. Can't Hold Us is better.
  15. Oh great 'Live Forever' really hit me how good as a song it was during the TOTP reruns for 1994. Definitely one of the best Britpop songs for me along with Ocean Colour Scene - The Day We Caught The Train and Cast - Walkaway. 'Viva Forever' is a lovely song and a big change from the upbeat brash sound of 'Wannabe' and 'Spice Up Your Life'. I like both styles though.
  16. Be students, be teachers, be politicians, be preachers.
  17. TheSnake posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    "Wrecking my balls, Miley" as KSI rapped on one of his hits. She certainly is now in trying to get more hits from her new album I'm sad for her.
  18. 'Wrecking Ball' is a better song than 'We Can't Stop' and I quite liked it at the time.
  19. I might have to resend, we have until midnight tomorrow night don't we?
  20. If I was wealthy enough to have a boat and go sailing I'd prefer Sailing. I used to like it more but it just seems to go on a bit too long. The frequent Halifax advert in the 2000s covering it didn't help. Bright Eyes is sad but a good song. I have never watched Watership Down in full.
  21. 'Now That We Found Love' by Heavy D and the Boyz is a proper tune one of the few big hip-house hits in America by an American artist. Would have liked it to be #1. 'Get Ready For This' by 2Unlimited is good fun too. 'Wind of Change' by The Scorpions is a good song about the fall of the Berlin Wall even if it sounds more 80s than 90s though. I get that the Bryan Adams song is very emotive especially the first half so I can see why it was so big. Right Said Fred used to be a guilty pleasure for me musically.
  22. Born Slippy is good and iconic if a bit too indie and shouty and cool for me vocally. Kettama seems to be carrying on the vibes at the moment. I've never been drunk either Jade, maybe if I was I would appreciate more the vibe and the lager lager lager references.
  23. 𝟿̶𝟿̶ 5 Red Balloons?
  24. Yeah 'Don't Let Me Down' has grown a lot with me, good song.