Everything posted by TheSnake
-
Record of the Decade: 2016-2025 (Nominations Thread)
2016 Tuesday - Burak Yeter and Danelle Sandoval Freak Like Me - Lee Walker, DJ Deeon, Katy B and MNEK
-
Dance Chart Number Ones 2010 - 2019
I would like it to continue in the 21st Century Forum. Its up to that dang @danG though!
-
FSR Rontvia National Thread 3.0 / 189: Modern English - I Melt With You
Wish I was there to vote for it. The 'keep on believing' bit of the rap sounds very inspired by Shamen - Phorever People ❤️
-
Radio 1 Playlist (18/09/26): Trust in the memories of my innocent smile
Forgot MJ - You Rock My World was as recent as 2001!
-
Top 100 Best Selling Singles Of The 1970s
I like the No Way, Sis cover version - #27 in 1996.
-
Top 100 Best Selling Singles Of The 1970s
I am shocked - I thought Bo Rap would be #1 in this. Very good song as is 'My Sweet Lord'.
-
00s Top 10 Sales- Week By Week- 2000
Just spotted Sweet Female Attitude 'Flowers' too have to comment. No 'Oi Nathan!' here! Seriously though, I always thought the original 'Flowers' was quite melancholy sounding though for a dance track. I remember 'Flowers' a lot from the time on music channels in 2000.
-
00s Top 10 Sales- Week By Week- 2000
I like 'The Bad Touch', the production in the chorus is very Pet Shop Boys. Not so keen on the lyrics although I remember it being talked about in school at the time.
-
00s Top 10 Sales- Week By Week- 2000
Glad Toca's Miracle and Fill Me In beat the Thong Song lol, classiness wins lyrically, although the production and vocal in the final chorus of the Sisqo track is epic. Toca's Miracle is great I wish I could remember it more from the time but I was only 8 and not into dance music really.
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
Agreed but just a bit superior not far superior. Its not Keane's best song anyway that is "This Is The Last Time"
-
Record of the Decade: 2016-2025 (Nominations Thread)
Can't believe Halsey - You Should Be Sad isnt an AQ. Also it sounds like it heavily influenced Dasha - Austin stylistically and melodically.
-
Jade's top 10 songs of each decade: 1960s - 2020s (so far!)
I prefer Hyperactive by Thomas Dolby but thats a good list. Cry is so atmospheric and vocally strong a bit like Mr Mister - Broken Wings is! I like the epic violin bit near at the end of John Miles - Music that reminds me of Sigur Ros - Hoppipola!
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 18th September 2026
Is it just pronounced Ash or Ashie
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 18th September 2026
Surely its not time for Sack Jaunders.
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 18th September 2026
😇
-
Song Pictionary | Quiz Season Week 3 - entries now closed
Remind me to complete this very soon I have most of them!
-
Throwback! Anniversaries of Spice Girls moments
or (Not Such An) Innocent Gril as @Summer FRUITS!!!!! styles it.
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
'Look Right Through' I didnt like at the time it is basic in terms of production apart from some good percussion in the buildup and doesn't really go anywhere.
-
Jade's top 10 songs of each decade: 1960s - 2020s (so far!)
Yeah I would put Club Country in my favourite 80s tracks so unique. Echo Beach is a good shout too. The best New Romantic hits are Visage - Fade to Grey, Spandau Ballet - To Cut A Long Story Short and Classix Nouveaux - Is It A Dream. I would also have Talk Talk by Talk Talk. Tracks I would have from the mid 80s are Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Two Tribes and Pat Benetar - Love Is a Battlefield True Faith by New Order is the best track of 1987. For late 80s dance Inner City - Good Life and Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance. Maybe Theme From S'Express too. Kon Kan - I Beg Your Pardon is fab too from 1989 as is London Boys - Requiem.
-
Radio 1 Playlist (11/09/26): My dangerous lover is dancing to Vogue
Sombr - My Body Isn't Ready is like really early Coldplay so Coldplay should revive their old sound.
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
I preferred it to Sam Smith's previous hit 'Latch'. But no I'm not much a fan of it apart from the Indian sample in it which was cool.
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ Odds And Predictions ⬜⬛
I thought you posted the really appropriately titled Sugar Water video but its actually your signature. Its all just sugary water anyway (with a few added flavourings and carbonation).
-
Top 100 Best Selling Singles Of The 1970s
'Eye Level' sounds like a throwback to the 50s charts which had quite a few songs with orchestral instrumentation.
-
Jade's top 10 songs of each decade: 1960s - 2020s (so far!)
'Fade To Grey' is a very interesting and futuristic track for 1980. The use of parts of French spoken word with a dreamy-like soundtrack reminds me of a 1990 song that might appear on your 90s list. Oh and theres also a dreamy 1994 song with French lyrics too which might appear too. 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' is one of the most depressing but great songs.
-
Bangladesh (Voice of Bangladesh) · Eurovision Song Contest Asia 2026
Clearly inspired by Subwoolfer