Everything posted by TheSnake
-
A close race at the top of the singles chart Sam Fender and Olivia Dean’s Rein Me In takes a tumble after falling victim to a chart rule. Alex Warren gets his second number one album.
Used to do similarly as a child in the late 00s with audio software in school its entertaining for a while. I get what you mean with Aint In LA its like the (even slower) GAYLE - ABCDEFU from a few years ago in that regard
-
The Dead Dance nominated for an EMMY
Dancing Nutella Dead
-
Capital FM Playlist 2026
Do they skip Olivia Dean when playing the top 40?
-
Friday Chart Predictions
James Marriott Hotel and Spa Didn't know he was doing so well on streaming!
-
Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades
May need to get the bass rumbling with some physicals...
-
Pick of the Pops: The Noughties
I looked up the chart archive in curiosity - the brief period in the mid 00s when there were no 80s remixes in the top 20! But there is a good dance song in top 10.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Could it be any clearer....
-
Pick of the Pops: The Noughties
Good karaoke song
-
John's 1976 Original Charts
You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only seventy! That's the only way I can enjoy it by changing the lyrics a bit! Such is its overplay.
-
AEROCHE/n a t i o n a l // ane brun & ary - hold me / bjsc 188
Thought I knew Ane Brun from somewhere....I can't stop playing, this song it makes me high! What a tune that was!
-
Jim ranks the 1991 UK #1s
Dizzy is a good song with all the key changes. Get Ready For This is very good too, dance was becoming very big in the charts by late 1991.
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
Completely ruined by overplay for 'Happy' I'm afraid.
-
Jazzy - Peace & Patience
Nah its techno eurodance goodness. I like it.
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
I'll be one of the few who really likes Under Control here. Certainly compared to two of the other dance #1s left on this list. Great vocal and euphoric.
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 04/09/26
Moving to the bop anata bop anata bop anata bop anata bop anata somewhere
-
Jim ranks the 1991 UK #1s
The Stonk is awful, Bartman is a bit better. Bartman keeping Nomad - Devotion off #1 is bad though, one of the best rave hits of the early 90s. Any Dream Will Do is OK.
-
00s Top 10 Sales- Week By Week- 2000
Fool Again is a nice enough ballad I suppose. Better than their previous two #1s, which were an inferior cover of Abba I Gave A Dream and Flying Without Wings. Smooth by Santana and Rob Thomas then - my parents had the album it was on so I knew it well at the time. Moloko Time Is Now is good orchestral and jazz influenced dance. Say My Name by Destiny's Child has some good harmonies and is a good song.
-
Calum ranks 100 Kylie Minogue singles (1987-2026)
Ong I loved both of those last two at the time. Red Blooded Woman was way better than Britneys Toxic which was released on the same week. On a Night Like This is sublime turn of the millenium house music about a night of fun just like J Lo Waiting For Tonight.
-
Top 100 Best Selling Singles Of The 1970s
'If You Leave Me Now' I fondly remember from the 90s as a child as my local cafe often had it on its playlist. Lovely song. The Mandolin solo in 'Maggie May' is the highlight of the track. The Boomtown Rats 'Rat Trap' is a good song but the best of their's is 'Someone Looking at You' which is just epic.
-
Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades
I reckon the bass will persuade you to like it....
-
Capital FM Playlist 2026
What is her sales gap on the Big Top 40 with the current #1?
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
Yeah really liked it at the time, should have been a UK hit sooner (it was a hit in Ireland quit a few weeks before). But eventually it got so overplayed on radio so I got sick of it.
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ Confirmations ⬜⬛
- Top 100 Best Selling Singles Of The 1970s
Status Quo had the better matchstick men themed song back in the 60s. The Brian and Michael track sounds very much influenced by Don McLean 'Vincent' in its artist dedication theme. 'Dancing Queen' is overplayed but funny if you change it to 'only seventy'.- Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
Good euphoric dance track, definitely not the dance track I wanted out this early. - Top 100 Best Selling Singles Of The 1970s