Jump to content

Dan17F1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dan17F1

  1. If anyone hasn’t heard it yet, I’d recommend the Florence Road song - a great slice of what sounds like early 2000s pop, nice to see that make it (although I don’t expect it to go any further than the C List)
  2. Dan17F1 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    They supported Plastic Box but I think that’s it of Jade’s solo stuff so far!
  3. Dan17F1 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Nice to see a bit of a clear out this week. Good movement for Lewis Capaldi, RAYE and I like the Richard Ashcroft track too. Also nice to see insta-adds for Mariah and Myles Smith. Surprised that Wolf Alice and Anne-Marie are both on there though (especially as neither of the tracks are anywhere close to the respective artists best work). I would think it's too late now for Sigrid sadly for both R1 and R2, which is a shame as I think Fort Knox is one of her best tracks she's released. I'm away next week so please could somebody post the playlist in my absence.
  4. Dan17F1 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Radio 2 Playlist: 27/09/25 A List: Bon Jovi - Red, White & Jersey [A-A-A-A] Ed Sheeran - Camera [A-A-A] James Morrison - Cry Your Tears On Me [A-A-A] Lady Gaga - The Dead Dance [A-A-A-A] ^ Lewis Capaldi - Something In The Heavens [B-A] Miley Cyrus feat. Lindsey Buckingham and Mick Fleetwood - Secrets [A-A] Olivia Dean - Man I Need [A-A-A-A-A] ^ RAYE - WHERE IS MY HUSBAND! [B-A] Sabrina Carpenter - Tears [A-A-A-A] Stereophonics - Colours of October [A-A-A] B List: * Anne-Marie - DEPRESSED [B] Brandi Carlile - Returning To Myself [C-B-B] CMAT - When A Good Man Cries [B-B-B-B] Joy Crookes - Somebody To You [B-B-B] Laufey - Tough Luck [B-B-B-B] * Mariah Carey Feat. Anderson .Paak - Play That Song [B] * Myles Smith - Stay (If You Wanna Dance) [B] Pixie Lott - Coming Of Age [B-B-B] ^ Richard Ashcroft - Lovin' You [C-B] Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Stay On Me [B-B-B] C List: * Blue - One Last Time [C] * Chrissie Hynde Feat. k.d.lang - Me & Mrs Jones [C] Mega - My Bones [C-C-C-C] * MT Jones - Why I Cry [C] * Wolf Alice - Just Two Girls [C] Record of the Week: Myles Smith - Stay (If You Wanna Dance) Album of the Week: Olivia Dean - The Art Of Loving Out: Jessie J - Believe In Magic [A-A-A-A] Perrie - If He Wanted To He Would [A-A-A-A-A] Sam Ryder feat. BBC Symphony Orchestra - Go Steady [B-B-B-B-B] sombr - 12 to 12 [B-B-B-B-B] Cameron Whitcomb - Fragile [C-C-C-C] Jake Bugg - Never Said Goodbye [C-C-C-C] Laura Evans - Honest [C-C-C]
  5. Dan17F1 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Good to see insta-adds for both Lewis and RAYE - hopefully they'll both make their way onto the A List in the coming weeks. Surprised to see Miley on there, I didn't think Secrets was being pushed as a proper single? Also surprised to see Sabrina as album of the week when it's already been out a few weeks, I guess there's no albums being released this week that they think are suitable.
  6. Dan17F1 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Radio 2 Playlist: 20/09/25 A List: Bon Jovi - Red, White & Jersey [A-A-A] Ed Sheeran - Camera [A-A] James Morrison - Cry Your Tears On Me [A-A] Jessie J - Believe In Magic [A-A-A-A] Lady Gaga - The Dead Dance [A-A-A] * Miley Cyrus feat. Lindsey Buckingham and Mick Fleetwood - Secrets [A] Olivia Dean - Man I Need [A-A-A-A] Perrie - If He Wanted To He Would [A-A-A-A-A] Sabrina Carpenter - Tears [A-A-A] Stereophonics - Colours of October [A-A] B List: ^ Brandi Carlile - Returning To Myself [C-B] CMAT - When A Good Man Cries [B-B-B] Joy Crookes - Somebody To You [B-B] Laufey - Tough Luck [B-B-B] * Lewis Capaldi - Something In The Heavens [B] Pixie Lott - Coming Of Age [B-B] * RAYE - WHERE IS MY HUSBAND! [B] Sam Ryder feat. BBC Symphony Orchestra - Go Steady [B-B-B-B-B] sombr - 12 to 12 [B-B-B-B-B] Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Stay On Me [B-B] C List: Cameron Whitcomb - Fragile [C-C-C-C] Jake Bugg - Never Said Goodbye [C-C-C-C] Laura Evans - Honest [C-C-C] Mega - My Bones [C-C-C] * Richard Ashcroft - Lovin' You [C] Record of the Week: Miley Cyrus feat. Lindsey Buckingham and Mick Fleetwood - Secrets Album of the Week: Sabrina Carpenter - Man's Best Friend Out: Chappell Roan - The Subway [A-A-A-A-A-A-A] Craig David - Rain [B-B-B-B] Marti Pellow - Tattoo My Heart [B-B-B-B-B] Nectar Woode - When The Rain Stops [B-B-B]
  7. David Guetta is far older than Calvin too, and he’s just been A-Listed (and headlined their Malta event!) But yes I agree, dance producers are quite ageless in a way.
  8. Dan17F1 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Good to see adds for Joy Crookes and Stereophonics this week (and a bit of a clearout as well). It's a shame that tracks don't seem to move around the playlist very frequently any longer. Would like to hear more of that Cameron Whitcomb song, and I think sombr deserves a couple of weeks A-Listed too.
  9. Dan17F1 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Radio 2 Playlist: 13/09/25 A List: Bon Jovi - Red, White & Jersey [A-A] Chappell Roan - The Subway [A-A-A-A-A-A-A] * Ed Sheeran - Camera [A] * James Morrison - Cry Your Tears On Me [A] Jessie J - Believe In Magic [A-A-A] Lady Gaga - The Dead Dance [A-A] Olivia Dean - Man I Need [A-A-A] Perrie - If He Wanted To He Would [A-A-A-A] Sabrina Carpenter - Tears [A-A] * Stereophonics - Colours of October [A] B List: CMAT - When A Good Man Cries [B-B] Craig David - Rain [B-B-B-B] * Joy Crookes - Somebody To You [B] Laufey - Tough Luck [B-B] Marti Pellow - Tattoo My Heart [B-B-B-B-B] Nectar Woode - When The Rain Stops [B-B-B] * Pixie Lott - Coming Of Age [B] Sam Ryder feat. BBC Symphony Orchestra - Go Steady [B-B-B-B] sombr - 12 to 12 [B-B-B-B] * Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Stay On Me [B] C List: * Brandi Carlile - Returning To Myself [C] Cameron Whitcomb - Fragile [C-C-C] Jake Bugg - Never Said Goodbye [C-C-C] Laura Evans - Honest [C-C] Mega - My Bones [C-C] Record of the Week: Stereophonics - Colours of October Album of the Week: Ed Sheeran - Play Out: Bryan Adams - A Little More Understanding [A-A-A-A-A-A] Louise - Only Dancer [A-A-A-A-A] Olly Murs - Save Me [A-A-A-A-A-A-A] Belinda Carlisle - Get Together [B-B-B-B-B] Remember Monday - Happier [B-B-B-B] Suede - Dancing With The Europeans [B-B-B-B-B] Jon Batiste - Big Money [C-C-C-C]
  10. Dan17F1 posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    Don’t Look Down is my favourite of the album tracks- think that should have been the single instead of camera. Feels very different for Ed
  11. This song has done very well - it’s a shame that the rest of the album doesn’t have the quality of this.
  12. It seems to be random - I think Olivia Dean/Artemas/Sammy Virji were announced in June/July time. I wouldn’t expect anymore now to be announced until next year
  13. Sammy Virji is now part of their Brit List (Myles Smith and Lola Young were the artists at the start of the year, and Olivia Dean and Artemas are also now on it) where they get additional playlisting opportunities, festival gigs and just generally get hyped by the station
  14. Dan17F1 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    So if Spotify doesn’t update all week - I assume it will be a bit of a mystery on Friday for the actual chart? (Assuming that they do in fact estimate the Spotify data for the week)
  15. Dan17F1 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    They had Sugababes in the run up to Big Weekend. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see Jessie J and JLS there soon.
  16. Dan17F1 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Unsure if it’s related to the issues that djcheekymagpie is having, but every page this afternoon is taking ages to load for me? Especially in this thread
  17. Matt and Mollie’s is Rudimental and Rag N Bone Man - Nights Like These
  18. Dan17F1 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I think they often play it on September 16th now which is 100 days until Christmas. I think they have the last few years anyway
  19. If I were a betting man today I think I would still predict Golden to be No. 1 on Friday. I don’t think Olivia has eeked out enough of a lead on them. A good hold for Sabrina though but I don’t think it will be quite enough for the top (I reckon depending on what happens the rest of the week she might be No. 3)
  20. Quite surprised not to see Perrie added today (also hoping for Sigrid, SG Lewis and Skepta in the next few weeks)
  21. Dan17F1 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    That A List is starting to look quite static - hopefully we get some good movement soon. Would be nice to see sombr moved up at least. Good to see adds for Olivia Dean and Jessie J this week. I was hoping to see Sigrid added this week, she was played as a New to 2 track earlier in the week so they shouldn't be adverse to playlisting it!
  22. Dan17F1 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Radio 2 Playlist: 30/08/25 A List: Bryan Adams - A Little More Understanding [A-A-A-A-A] Chappell Roan - The Subway [A-A-A-A-A] Charlotte OC - Romeo [C-C-A-A-A] Ella Eyre - Space [A-A-A-A-A] * Jessie J - Believe In Magic [A] KPop Demon Hunters - Golden [A-A-A-A-A] Louise - Only Dancer [A-A-A-A] * Olivia Dean - Man I Need [A] Olly Murs - Save Me [A-A-A-A-A-A] Perrie - If He Wanted To He Would [A-A] B List: Belinda Carlisle - Get Together [B-B-B-B] Craig David - Rain [B-B] Marti Pellow - Tattoo My Heart [B-B-B] * Nectar Woode - When The Rain Stops [B] Old Dominion - Making Good Time [B-B-B-B] Remember Monday - Happier [B-B-B] Reverend & The Makers feat. Vicky McClure - Haircut [B-B-B] Sam Ryder feat. BBC Symphony Orchestra - Go Steady [B-B] sombr - 12 to 12 [B-B] Suede - Dancing With The Europeans [B-B-B-B] C List: * Cameron Whitcomb - Fragile [C] Declan J Donovan - Life Or Death [C-C-C-C] * Jake Bugg - Never Said Goodbye [C] Janet Devlin - Houston [C-C-C] Jon Batiste - Big Money [C-C-C] Record of the Week: Olivia Dean - Man I Need Album of the Week: Bryan Adams - Roll With The Punches Out: Alex Warren - Eternity [A-A-A-A-A] Robbie Williams - Spies [A-A-A-A-A-A] Barbra Streisand with Mariah Carey & Ariana Grande - One Heart, One Voice [B-B-B-B] Alison Goldfrapp - Hey Hi Hello [C-C-C-C] Bailey Zimmerman Feat Luke Combs - Back Up Plan [C-C-C-C]
  23. That’s because the Tracks from Man’s Best Friend is the Tune of the Weekend so I guess they will play a variety over the weekend… and then go back to Manchild on Monday!
  24. Dan17F1 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    The website is correct - Belinda Carlisle is the Album of the Week
  25. Dan17F1 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    No that isn’t usual - I wonder if that’s a mistake and it’s actually next weeks Album of the Week. I will take a listen this week and see if that’s correct.