Everything posted by Robbie
-
Friday Chart Predictions
The album isn't in the top 100. It's either very poor sales or there's a problem somewhere.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
The midweek singles are up on the OCC website but the albums update is still defaulting to the midweeks update from last Monday. The new album midweeks can be viewed at https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/albums-chart-update/20261005/7502u/
-
Friday Chart Predictions
16 of the tracks in the First Look Top 20 (including 9 of the top 10) are by female acts and of the 4 remaining tracks, 2 feature female acts. This must be some sort of chart record? Though by Friday the lower part of the top 20 may look somewhat different.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Will Taylor Swift be number 1 in both singles and albums this week? I'm not a fan but at least her new tracks will shake up the singles chart. I expect her to have 1-2-3 on today's First Look chart. Given how poor chart sales have been in general in recent weeks, a 1-2-3 on Friday looks a possibility too. Plus a starred out track at what would otherwise have been #4.
-
#1 Sales Less Than 40K
I made an error and was looking at the first week 'Shine' was #1. For its second week, Alan Jones reported that it had sold "a little more than 27,000".
-
#1 Sales Less Than 40K
Both are rounded sales. Alan Jones usually quoted rounded sales at the time. For 'Shine', he commented that the single had sold "nearly 42,000".
-
Friday Chart Predictions
The usual link to the Singles midweeks update https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart-update/ is only displaying the top 7. The full top 100 can be found at https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart-update/20260831/7501u/
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 7th August 2026
Joseph, on the Retro Top 10 charts on page 1, the top 10 for 2006 lists: 4- EVERYTIME YOU TOUCH ME- Cascada (22,593) The title is Everytime We Touch.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
I was about to post that it's 20 years ago this week since 'Hips Don't Lie' by Shakira climbed back to number 1 and 'Chasing Cars' first charted (at #25).
-
Songs missing from streaming services
^ ah! I never thought about posters being from a different country!
-
Songs missing from streaming services
I've just searched for it and it's there.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
'Confessions II' is on 37,106 sales in total.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
It'll be interesting to see if she can reverse the downward trend in sales. I think she will
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 26th June 2026
It was. Its last top 40 week on its first top 40 run was its 52nd week inside the top 40. Edit: ignore the above - 'Blinding Lights' spent one week outside the top 40 on its 4th chart week! 'Bad Habits' by Ed Sheeran managed 52 consecutive weeks inside the top 40 in 2021/2022.
-
The charts in the early 90s vs late 90s
Yeah, 'Heartbeat' was the promoted side up to Christmas, with 'Tragedy' being promoted after Christmas.
-
News from Anorak or Vicky Williams ?
Anorak / Vicky Williams never joined Buzzjack as far as I'm aware. After the demise of Dotmusic, the poster joined ukmix but had stopped posting there by mid 2004. Are you after a thread with the complete UK charts? I don't think there is one at Buzzjack.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
I think Paul McCartney's album is on 29,158, with the breakdown of sales being 26,876 are from physical, 1,194 from downloads and 1,088 from streams. Music Week does list Ariana Grande's sales as being 29,158 but then gives the breakdown of sales as I've posted for Paul McCartney. The 22,440 figure for physicals listed in the chart posting is Paul McCartney's physical sales on Monday. I haven't a clue what Ariana's sales are!
-
Does anyone remember the ChartStats website?
The website is owned by Dean Jackson, who presents a music show on some BBC local radio stations on a Saturday evening. He did once say that he intended to update the website though that was more than a decade ago. I'm assuming that it's not too expensive to continue to pay the hosting fees and website registration costs.
-
Does anyone remember the ChartStats website?
It lives on at the Wayback Machine! https://web.archive.org/web/20120918204205/http://www.chartstats.com/ As does the version of the website after the OCC requested that all chart data be removed https://web.archive.org/web/20130115201722/http://www.chartstats.com/ Many of the links in the archive of the website work.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
'Wuthering Heights' by Charli XCX is now £4.99 on iTunes. It was £8.99 the last time I checked which was a couple of days ago.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
From 1977 until the end of its chart contract at the end of 1982, BMRB did compile a revised end of year chart which would be printed in Music Week a few weeks into the new year. The revised chart did include sales for the entire chart year other than one week around Christmas when no sales data was collected. It does appear though that no revised chart was compiled for 1979 and also possibly 1982.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
I meant, how many copies? A few thousand, or a lot more?
-
Friday Chart Predictions
How many physical singles of 'Xmas' did Kylie release?
-
2025 BPI Certifications
I think the 1.5m figure is the one that was given in the 1980s, possibly at the decade end, after the top 100 chart of the decade had been compiled. That was an Alan Jones compiled chart. In 2002, the Top 100 Best Selling Singles Of All Time chart (compiled to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the singles charts) had 'Last Christmas' on 1,421,000. That chart was also compiled by Alan Jones. The pre-1994 figure will include sales from the 1984 original release plus the two re-releases from 1985 and 1986. There would have been virtually no pre-1994 sales from after 1986 as George Michael forced Epic Records to agree to never re-release the single in future.
-
Who will have the first #1 of the new year?
Raye thoughTaylor Swift and even Golden has a chance.