Jump to content

jimwatts

Moderator

Everything posted by jimwatts

  1. Close between several, although surprisingly not quite feeling the Fontaines one yet, and not The Big Moon on this occasion either. Kings of Leon got my vote.
  2. quite well with the few of us actually in SF1 who joined!
  3. Synctube session for SF1 coming up at 8pm at this link: https://sync-tube.de/room/2gHBerpI
  4. tough call
  5. New peak also for 'Willing And Able' at #20
  6. May as well start the voting: 1 Sade - By Your Side 2 Depeche Mode - Precious 3 Ultravox - All Stood Still 4 Fontaines D.C. - Marianne 5 New Order - Crystal 6 Texas - Black Eyed Boy 7 iamamiwhoami - t 8 Years & Years - Sanctify 9 Bananarama - Love in the First Degree That's my favourite Sade song, so I've had 4 different groups top scoring for me now. 'Precious' earns its place among Depeche Mode's highest charting songs. I knew everything except the iamamiwhoami one so gave that a couple of extra listens - I have enjoyed everything they've had sent including this one, but fear for them here.
  7. Only one more, and the same number as Calvin - it was Sam's mentor who played 'Promises'!
  8. Switching to (the other) Kelly now too.
  9. Think it's that time already - if The Celebrity Traitors is popular enough to strike out Thursday and Friday, that only really leaves tonight and tomorrow. I'm looking at SF1 for semi-regular listenthrough particpants and barely make it to double figures, so I'm not expecting it to be particularly well attended whenever it takes place, but I'm happy to take one for the team and host that one tonight, leaving Wednesday free for the SF2 one?
  10. Indeed, I know it well - a great entry from Pestolia from before I joined. I hadn't realised this was their 50th BJSC, but could consider this a tribute to their run - also their anniversary entry is top 10 in my personal chart currently! Hope this lives up to those two previous entries for you - whether you get the chance to vote for it remains to be seen 🙏
  11. Congratulations Scene on your first Bop Idol win and I believe this is your third contest win of the year, so welcome to that particular club! It's very rare I don't vote for any of the top 5, but here we are - I'm glad my top scorer Trance To The Sun remained top 10 though! This was an interesting theme concept, and I can see the original idea would have made for a different set of names - I'd have sent the same song though. Thanks Rollo for hosting!
  12. BJSC 189 The Drums & Mareux - It Didn't Matter So it's come to this: a double recycle! To be fair, neither of the previous entries by these two artists (of which The Drums' one, 'Let's Go Surfing' is also one of my favourite songs of 2010) were entered since I started taking part. This is my favourite release of the last 3 months and was a whisker away from being my entry last month - hopefully that hasn't proved doubly costly. I could compare the percentage of points given to my alt-leaning entries from the voters in this semi against those from the opposite one, but instead I'll just hope this can defy some genre boundaries!
  13. Oops relegated out of 28th on the final vote - not a result to remember!
  14. Think that puts me in 28th - I've yet to finish there in any song contest on Buzzjack so would take that. Is Scene mathematically there yet...?
  15. Thanks Herbs for my last points, unless one of the last few (or a surprise guest) produces something
  16. Christina having her first hit in the latest possible year and represented by a track released just over 10 years later looks like it was optimum use of the eligibility criteria. Thanks Nine for the points!
  17. Close at the top - I think I'm rooting for Robyn out of the top 4, but hopefully a few songs lower down have a chance too. I've now dropped below everyone I voted for, looks like I'll be aiming for the elusive 20th place... ...edit: thanks Till for ending the drought!
  18. Everyone's off zero, phew
  19. Thanks to host Rollo plus Jonjo, Jaz and Scene for the points to Bruce so far
  20. Oh this is another challenging draw! I think my entry will have some more crossover appeal than Binzatina did earlier this year, but if anything the pop/alt split looks even more lopsided than that contest. Hype to Pestolia from the opposite semi!
  21. I thought Kate Bush had the quirky vote share rinsed
  22. Hadn't followed the scores too closely, but that does seem a surprise! How many #1 hits will feature in the Gamu round already!?
  23. Relieved for Fontaines, but sorry to see M83 go though, they'd have had more good discoveries for sure
  24. @Bror so no one's eliminated from this category then
  25. New Order and Ultravox complete the classic trilogy! Great to see Bananarama and Sade through to rep the 80s (and some of the later years) too.