Everything posted by jimwatts
-
Top 100 Singles + Albums; W/E 08/10/26
This week's new peaks on the Audio Streaming chart for songs either on ACR or starred out: 55 P!nk feat. Nate Ruess - Just Give Me A Reason In other awkwardly-timed news, Ed Sheeran's '÷' becomes the first album to spend 500 consecutive weeks in the album chart from debut.
-
Sales W/E 08/10/2026
beabadoobee becomes the first artist to move 74 places in a week within either the singles or albums Top 75!
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 2nd October 2026
'Dreams' at #59 for the first time means it is now only the third song to have covered every position from 51-100, after 'Mr Brightside' and 'Iris'
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 2nd October 2026
If only Taylor had just called the song 'Zero', we'd have a first ever #1 beginning with "Z" to complete the alphabet.
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 2nd October 2026
Hello Cringeland
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 2nd October 2026
Noooo, the Top 10 rei(g)n is over!
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 2nd October 2026
Thanks, I'd forgotten about those!
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 2nd October 2026
'stupid song' above 'Man I Need' with both on ACR is surprising
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 2nd October 2026
Looks like this is about to "lose" its SCR status
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 2nd October 2026
'Earrings' has now spent 20 weeks in the Top 20!
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 2nd October 2026
Does anyone at Radio 1 realise this is quite possibly going to keep hanging around the #40 mark indefinitely now, unlike the old stuff which required a reset to get back?
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 2nd October 2026
Just missing out on #39 again
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 2nd October 2026
Madonna and Charli xcx confirmed as a "new entry"
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • Boot Camp: Part One Results
Would this have been accepted for Dido this round:
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • Boot Camp: Part One Results
Interestingly, despite more than 1.5bn streams and being credited on it, 'Stan' doesn't appear on Dido's 10 most popular songs on Spotify. Instead her top song listed with 728m streams is... 'Thank You (Not So Bad)' from a few years ago
-
SoundClash: One Hit Wonders | #11
Yes and I voted for Secondcity in the last one too, though both were pretty close for me!
-
Jade's top 10 songs of each decade: 1960s - 2020s (so far!)
I wasn't completely sure that 'Another Chance' would be your #1 for the decade, but it's great to see - as a dance record it's always had that emotional edge that you articulated so well. I bought it on release and it's always been in my top 10 for the year 2001 at least. My other favourites of your decade top 10 are 'Bad Romance', 'Welcome To The Black Parade' and 'Loneliness' (although it's the UK radio/video edit that's my preferred mix of the latter). I really enjoyed your commentary of 'Feel Good Inc.' too as I've always known the song but hadn't fully appreciated the Orwellian nature of the lyrics. I think 'Bad Romance' would come closest to making my own top 10 these days, plus many others in your honourable mentions list ('Hey Ya!', 'Fell In Love With A Girl' and 'With Every Heartbeat' especially wouldn't be far away). Again I'm sure there's some I've missed, but my top 10 could be something like: 1 Arcade Fire - Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) 2 Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars 3 Muse - Starlight 4 Green Day - Jesus Of Suburbia 5 The Killers - When You Were Young 6 Mumford & Sons - The Cave 7 Vampire Weekend - A-Punk [although it would pain me to lose 'Capricorn' from the 2020s, may have to rethink that!] 8 Glasvegas - Daddy's Gone 9 PJ Harvey - Good Fortune 10 MGMT - Time To Pretend so I echo the love on this page for 'Time To Pretend', and also 'Run' (which would make my 10 if 'Chasing Cars' didn't prevent it). Great shouts also for 'Hurt', 'Hard To Explain' as my favourite by The Strokes, and numerous others I could mention!
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • Boot Camp: Part One in Barcelona (Solo Female)
I'd say 'Don't Think Of Me' from No Angel definitely could have been a single and may well have taken Dido through this round. However I think she was always likely to struggle at some point. Two huge albums, the second of which - as I see it - sold mostly off the back of the album before and 'White Flag' as the lead single, and then three albums which went mainly under the radar. Though I haven't listened to the playlists yet, so I'll reserve judgement on 'Mary's In India' just now.
-
Pop Track of the Week 2026: Week 39
This poll's deadline crept up quickly... Not a vintage week but voted for Taylor, it's a half-decent song (much better than the other two songs which will chart from her new ones) and 'Danceteria Afterhours' is just 'Danceteria' (which is already in the Q3 poll) with Charli and Madonna talking over bits of it. Voted 'Different Religion' in the tiebreak.
-
Jester ranks the 2014 number 1s
I'd have the 'Wake Me Up' cover last - charity aside, this didn't bring anything worthwhile out of an already overfamiliar song which had barely left the charts at that point. Also I don't think saying "please buy this record" towards the end convinced many people who hadn't already bought it Band Aid 30 would be next, again charity aside, it just felt like a parody of itself at that point with the oversinging, Olly Murs dancing in the video, and the poorly thought-out added Ebola references. There was also a Band Aid 40, wasn't there in 2024 - I can't remember much about it though - and the LadBaby thing in 2022. No complaints about the other two - we could dream it was over for The X Factor, and my only memory of 'It's My Birthday' is that it was in the chart on my actual birthday.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
Yes, but also Duke Dumont held it to #2 the following week.
-
The Way You See It | 2026 Quiz Season | Week 5
I think I follow the logic: that we're looking for niche references that relate these prompts to the albums/covers, that aren't so obvious that everyone would guess them, but some people will. I'm slightly concerned that with 20+ people taking part, if everyone chose 5 album covers at random with each prompt, there'll be a high chance that at least one other person has chosen the same one (at random) and therefore score maximum points. Maybe it could be if 20-35% of people choose it, it scores 5 points, and less than 20% scores zero (or the points start to stagger downwards from there)?
-
Round 1 : End Of Year Survivor #153
Pretty much this - I quite like the Black Kids one too, but it doesn't compare to the two repeats. Kelly first for me too.
-
SoundClash: One Hit Wonders | #9
Wynter Gordon the only winner for the 2010s so far - all the other polls have the 2000s song considerably ahead... and this one's going the same way, an easy vote to The Bravery from me.
-
Estimated chart without ACR
Most consecutive weeks at UK Singles #1 without ACR 1| 16 Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do) I Do It For You (1991) 2=| 15 Drake featuring Wizkid & Kyla - One Dance (2016) 2=| 15 Wet Wet Wet - Love Is All Around (1994) 4=| 13 Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits (2021) 4=| 13 Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You (2017) 4=| 13 Sam Fender & Olivia Dean - Rein Me In (2026) 7=| 12 Alex Warren - Ordinary (2025) 7=| 12 Dave & Central Cee - Sprinter (2023) 9=| 11 Slim Whitman - Rose Marie (1955) 9=| 11 Tones & I - Dance Monkey (2019)