Jump to content

Lewis17

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lewis17

  1. Lewis17 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Interesting indeed! Number Ones is a single album, whereas The Essential is a double. As well as MJ hits, the latter also features several hits by the Jackson 5/Jacksons, so perhaps this is helping chart-wise? I'm not aware of any physical reissue, so don't really understand why Number Ones has been replaced on the chart midweek by The Essential.
  2. 25 Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana 24 Aretha Franklin - I Say A Little Prayer 23 The Beatles - Something / Come Together 22 Janet Jackson - Together Again 21 Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday 20 Prince - When Doves Cry 19 The Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive 18 Belinda Carlisle - Circle In The Sand 17 Genesis - Mama 16 Matthew Wilder - Break My Stride 15 Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood 14 Wham! - Club Tropicana 13 U2 - With Or Without You 12 Erasure - A Little Respect 11 Paul Simon - You Can Call Me Al 10 New Order - True Faith 9 Tracy Chapman - Fast Car 8 Melanie C - Northern Star 7 Erasure - Always 6 T'Pau - Heart And Soul 5 Robbie Williams - Angels 4 Beyonce - Halo 3 Edwyn Collins - A Girl Like You 2 Christina Perri - Jar Of Hearts 1 Aerosmith - I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
  3. Two suggestions ... Donny Osmond (Osmonds) Diana Ross (Supremes)
  4. Randy is younger, he was born in 1961. Little Jimmy Osmond for me as well, I think :unsure:
  5. Michael Jackson - One Day In Your Life Originally released as a single in 1975, no.1 six years later
  6. Lewis17 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Two versions of Michael Jackson's Black Or White charted at the same time, the original release peaking at no.1 and the C&C Remixes at no.14.
  7. If only ... 6+ years since Discipline, and counting!
  8. No, I think they're fine as they are. I would, however, like to see a Diamond Award introduced for 1 million.
  9. Lewis17 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    The demos on the deluxe edition of Xscape don't sound like demos, they sound complete, and are as MJ left them. To me, they are a far truer reflection of what MJ was aiming for with the songs, and the so called completed versions are essentially modern remixes. IMO, the three stand-out tracks are A Place With No Name, Do You Know Where Your Children Are & Slave To The Rhythm.
  10. Lewis17 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    I disagree ~ I'm a huge MJ fan, and I think 'Love Never Felt So Good' is probably the weakest track on the album (and IMO the original versions on the deluxe edition are, on the whole, much better than the 'contemporised' versions).
  11. Lewis17 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Mine arrived at 11.03pm last night :)
  12. Lewis17 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Does anyone remember anything by Chris de Burgh, other than 'The Lady In Red'? He had a no.3 hit with the dire 'Missing You', plus a few minor hits, but most of his pre-Lady In Red material is mostly wonderful ~ tracks like Waiting For The Hurricane, Spanish Train, Patricia The Stripper, A Spaceman Came Travelling, Crusader, The Traveller, Satin Green Shutters, etc. Steve Wright played Spanish Train on his Radio 2 show this afternoon :)
  13. Lewis17 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    4 - Bad, Thriller, ABBA Gold & Sgt. Pepper
  14. Michael Jackson - Off The Wall
  15. Lewis17 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    30 Michael Jackson "One Day In Your Life" 25 Billy J. Kramer & The Dakotas "Little Children" 22 The Beatles "Can't Buy Me Love" 20 The Beach Boys "Good Vibrations" 18 Roy Orbison "It's Over" 16 The Beatles "I Feel Fine" 14 The Dave Clark Five "Glad All Over" 13 The Archies "Sugar, Sugar" 12 Elaine Paige and Barbara Dickson "I Know Him So Well" 11 Julie Covington "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" 10 George Harrison "My Sweet Lord" 9 The Rolling Stones "Paint It, Black" 8 The Specials "Ghost Town" 7 Village People "Y.M.C.A." 6 The Equals "Baby Come Back" 5 Whitney Houston "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)" 4 The Everly Brothers "Walk Right Back/Ebony Eyes" 3 Norman Greenbaum "Spirit in the Sky" -2 McFly "I'll Be OK"
  16. Lewis17 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    The 20 reissues in Michael Jackson's 'Visionary' series were all released on dualdisc.
  17. When You Believe was the first single - the album made its debut at no.27 in the UK, and quickly slipped as low as no.71, before eventually climbing to no.4 :D
  18. Lewis17 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    As was Michael Jackson's One Day In Your Life
  19. I don't recall anyone doing this on X-Factor - it re-entered due to Halloween.
  20. Lewis17 posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    What about Answer Me - versions by Frankie Laine & David Whitfield swopped the no.1 & no.2, and even shared the no.1 position for one week.
  21. 4. One Moment In Time | 50 5. I Wanna Dance With Somebody | 11- 6. How Will I Know | 29 9. Where Do Broken Hearts Go | 13 15. I Have Nothing 51 18. My Love Is Your Love | 27+