Jump to content

dandy*

Global Mod
  • Joined

Everything posted by dandy*

  1. Expanding this technique a little further... Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen (there are actually a few that work with one) Bobby Ferrin - Don't Worry Be Happy Modern Romance - Best Years Of Our Lives Raghav - Can't Get Enough
  2. Kim Appleby - Don’t Worry
  3. Stuck in 2010 when Addy just wishes he could go back to 1999
  4. I will listen to everything but I’ll be amazed if I don’t give maximum points to Amie!!! Beautiful song <3
  5. In the absence of Doctor Blind being around to tell us… Patrick Wolf - The Magic Position Which peaked at 69
  6. Calum to note that we can have the next two rounds as album tracks as well
  7. I'm actually quite sad to see the Vengaboys go as well, they did brighten the groups up but I had to be fair and vote based upon the song Plus sad to see Milica out as she was such a clear underdog... well done to whoever sent her, you were dealt a rough hand but you did so well really!
  8. 1 Calvin Harris 2 Gary Numan 3 Damien Rice 4 Sam Smith 5 Roosevelt 6 Sam Fender 7 Lewis Capaldi 8 Tom Grennan 9 Darin 10 HRVY 11 Mackenzy Mackay if I’m being honest, I don’t even particularly like the Calvin track 🫣
  9. This is quite nice as an add on and it’s good to see the two of them collaborating but it definitely doesn’t really add anything to the original for me.
  10. dandy* posted a post in a topic in The Music Lounge
    I’m intrigued, are you both fans of UK garage? Also, a lot of the club hits at the time were garage mixes of other songs (like All Saints for example), will they be included or will it just be tracks where the main act was a garage act?
  11. dandy* posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    When I looked earlier it was £9.99 on iTunes so maybe it’s much better value in the US than the UK
  12. dandy* posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    So annoying when they do this and make it all album only so you have to spend £10 if you want them.
  13. Oh my goodness, how have I missed all of this? Lots to catch up on!!
  14. 01 Adele - Rolling in the Deep 02 Jessie Ware - If You're Never Gonna Move 03 Kate Bush - The Man With the Child in His Eyes 04 Robyn - Hang With Me 05 Dido - Take My Hand 06 MARINA - Froot 07 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Me and My Imagination 08 Milica Pavlović - Crna jutra (Balkan S&M) 09 Agnes - EGO 10 Leona Lewis - Come Alive 11 Zara Larsson - Ain't My Fault Rolling in the Deep is a classic for good reason, Adele at her best. Jessie Ware bringing a fave this round, great pick <3 More solid choices from Kate, Robyn and Dido. Marina and Sophie both okay but I didn't enjoy either quite as much as I did when they were released. Not as fond of the bottom four to be honest but nothing terrible.
  15. I absolutely love this album, there's been some good stuff released this month but this is my favourite of them all. It's really beautiful whilst also having some interesting developments in her sound (Laymelli in particular but Faustian Deal is also up there) - I've booked to see her next November in the one (yes one!) UK date on her next tour. Last time I went to see her she was amazing
  16. dandy* posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    Never been particularly fussed by a Tinashe album but I've listened to this a few times today and think it's a huge step up from what I've heard before from her, really liking it
  17. Oh I love The Fly, it’s definitely one of U2’s best singles! Would definitely be top 5 for me as well, possibly third
  18. They may end up safe yet regardless - but they did so well last round that maybe their mentor just felt they could afford to take a risk this round? Everyone is playing a balancing game of sorts and there's a lot of unknown variables in the decisions we're making with song choices. If they do want to get a bit further and not just only send the 4 big singles from 1999, they had to play things like this at some point
  19. dandy* posted a post in a topic in 20th Century Retro
    It does look as though they’ve themed them all pretty well. I’m having to stop myself from buying as I’ve already got it once… maybe I’ll decide when photos of the final product gets out there to see how similar to the mock up it is
  20. That's the other one of my top 2 gone now! The KLF were just so much fun, I still really enjoy all of their 1991 singles and play them quite regularly.
  21. Starting with the groups again this week... 01 iamamiwhoami - chasing kites - great choice, one of my absolute favourites of theirs so it's two out of two top placings for me. Curious to see whether ionnalee tracks will also be eligible for this or not 02 M83 - Kim & Jessie - Takes me back to when I first got into M83, I really love the Saturdays=Youth album 03 Ultravox - The Voice - Didn't know this one before today but it was a really good discovery, thanks! 04 Texas - I Don't Want a Lover - Really solid choice, one of my favourites of theirs 05 New Order - Age of Consent - Intriguing choices for New Order so far, I do like this but not sure I'd have been brave enough to send it! 06 Sade - Your Love is King - Another nice track from Sade, liking that an act like this is present 07 Fontaines D.C. - Jackie Down the Line - Decent enough but didn't strike me as that special compared to some of their other material 08 Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again - I didn't already know this one, which is mad seeing as I was obsessed with this band for so long. It was okay but it definitely felt like a lesser version of some of their better moments to me. 09 Years & Years - All For You - Not bad but agree with Scene that it's probably sensible to play it early 10 Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango) - Not a massive fan of this one I'm afraid, but can imagine it appealing to others with more pop leaning tastes 11 Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back) - This was no Vengabus!
  22. My copy of this finally arrived today so I'm looking forward to giving it a play tomorrow.
  23. dandy* posted a post in a topic in R&B and Hip-Hop
    Artists have been using their time on stage to make political statements for decades and it's incredibly rare that anything ever comes of it in terms of crowd unrest. I'm aware of the famous Rage Against the Machine concert which resulted in some fans rioting afterwards (and obviously that's not great) but that was a message of unrest and that I do think was always a dangerous thing to do - I think a message of peace is highly unlikely to cause the same effect. I'm struggling to think of another incident where a political statement on stage has had the type of negative impact you're suggesting could happen. I've just had a look as well because I was curious and I'm struggling to find much detail of any other times where it's happened - interestingly the search results suggest there are many more instances of opposing groups deliberately targeting concerts to cause disruption because of what musicians have said outside of a gig.
  24. Obviously very happy with that! Well done to Spiceboy on also getting them all, and to Lee_J11 for the same but with less luck on the bonus questions. And of course thanks Mango for running another edition of this, always fun to work them out ☺️
  25. Did Spiceboy also change last minute from #10 to #16 for the least guessed? As he's already said he went for Girls Aloud like I did, there's a chance we said exactly the same things!!! 😲