Everything posted by dandy*
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
Perhaps you can only get half as much done when you have to consciously try to find alternate spellings for every word you type? Our 11 days is likely just 5 1/2 days in Beaverdonia time.
-
Jim ranks the 1991 UK #1s
Oh no we can’t have lovely Tasmin in that position. Rewrite the sales stats so it is Iron Maiden!
-
Jim ranks the 1991 UK #1s
I interpreted it as meaning if you were to only include the highest sales week for each of the #1s of the 80s and 90s then Iron Maiden would rank last (No idea if that’s a true stat but I think that’s what Jim meant)
-
◾ ARKISTO de NELIÖNOIR ◾
Sounds like a smash to me, love the production <3
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
Happy has always been a 6/10 kinda song for me. It’s okay but I find it goes on a bit and doesn’t have quite enough ideas to keep it interesting. I like the breakdown section the most. The video is quite nice though, I do like the simplicity of people just having fun.
-
Jim ranks the 1991 UK #1s
I guess that one is okay for what it is, but I would have it quite low down as well. Out of all the metal tracks to have been released, it feels unjust that this was the one to top the charts. I agree with your feelings around the genre, I’ve always found it a difficult sound to love. My grandparents bought my brother and I that Jason Donovan song. They would often do that with things that seemed popular and also suited their tastes; so we had the odd song like Any Dream Will Do or Saviour’s Day amongst our singles collection. I don’t like it that much to be honest, even lyrically I find it quite basic for a west end song.
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
Excellent promotion skills!
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
OMG this thread has just made me realise the answer to one of the questions in the alphabet quiz that I hadn’t got ❤️
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
Was expecting to be last in the semi so that’s a surprise… I’ll still be amazed to qualify this time but the draw could definitely have been worse
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ Confirmations ⬜⬛
Must admit I do think there’s a strong chance of that two winners club being added to this month (Saying this without hearing everything else obvs)
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ Confirmations ⬜⬛
Oh brer beat me to it with a more comprehensive answer, I should have known to just wait for the stats king to reply. Even though TR/ST is the only answer that matters 🖤
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ Confirmations ⬜⬛
TR/ST <3 Also that act that FSR Rontvia sent twice in the early days whose name escapes me
-
Alphabet Quiz | 2026 Quiz Season | Week 1 - RESULTS
I'm pretty confident with quite a lot of these... but there are a handful that I'm really struggling with
-
Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades
I think I need to give it time to grow and it sounds like it could. I quite like it, in particular the verses and the final section but at the moment I don't think it's amazing.
-
00s Top 10 Sales- Week By Week- 2000
I remember being quite surprised that the Mel C single sold that well as it was quite rare that a 3rd single from an album sell significantly more than the previous ones. I have no evidence to back this up but in retrospect I do think that Northern Star had gained her a lot more good will and brought fans back who were potentially put off by Goin' Down.
-
Jaz Ranks The 2013 Number Ones
I think Counting Stars is probably my favourite to appear so far. I don't go out of my way to listen to it but it's definitely very catchy and it's obvious why it was so popular.
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ Confirmations ⬜⬛
A grand and an AQ don't come for free
-
Alphabet Quiz | 2026 Quiz Season | Week 1 - RESULTS
I’m definitely intending to try this quiz as it looks interesting ☺️
-
Jim ranks the 1991 UK #1s
I’m going to be controversial as I quite like Do the Bartman… it’s actually pretty catchy and the MJ touch is definitely present. I’m sure it would be higher up for me.
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ Confirmations ⬜⬛
Right nobody chose switch so 11 minute entry it is... the act is labelled as 'Goa Trance' if that gives you any idea of what to expect. I've just listened to it and made it safely through so hopefully you will all survive it unscathed. I'd say if I was going to compare it to any of my prior entries across any contest on the site, its nearest relation would be Shpongle
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ Confirmations ⬜⬛
LOL at Wardy's shade that Iz will definitely never win ever again
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ Confirmations ⬜⬛
Oh it's chosen a song that is 11 minutes long... stick or switch?
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ Confirmations ⬜⬛
I haven't had time to find anything so just going to shuffle my iTunes and library and see what Iz is destined to receive 🤞
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ Confirmations ⬜⬛
I may end up skipping this one… nothing is jumping out at me. I’ll try once more later to think of something and see.
-
The Final : End Of Year Survivor #150
Elbow <3