Everything posted by RobBot
-
BJSC 187 Semi Finals - deadline 13/08
I actually just CACKLED in real life. Not me being born about 30 minutes from Skegness, I've really been through all the classics in my life and times ❤️
-
BJSC 187 Semi Finals - deadline 13/08
A song that I discovered in a club in Magaluf *.* Not that there's anything exotic about that xxx
-
Slayyyter - brand new chanel$
WOO! I thought, based off just one day in the Spotify Top 200, she probably would get another top 100 debut with this but top 75 is even better! There's a hit for her around the corner, I think, but even if not, the level of success and recognition she's getting right now feels like an achievement in and of itself.
-
BJSC 187 Semi Finals - deadline 13/08
How could you possibly have guessed the song top 3 in my chart would be my entry? 🤯😂
-
BJSC 187 Semi Finals - deadline 13/08
That looks like a good semi for a pop song! Hopefully... famous last words. Excited to get my Spanish moment, I've been listening to Spanish language music so much since going to Benidorm in May and SANTUARIO CLUB is an absolute banger of mass proportions, as well as introducing a new artist to the contest. So I'm very excited for this one. And a fourth language in 7 contests so you can't tell me NOTHING about playing it too safe. I know quite a lot this contest - hype to Aesthetica, N DNTN, Altyr and Botanikka, just purely for the ones I've heard but last contest, my favourites were ones that I'd never heard before so we shall see ~
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 7th August 2026
I realise most of you already know this from listening every week but it’s my first time in months but so far, between The Killers, Robyn and now Katy Perry, you genuinely wouldn’t know you’re listening to the charts and hadn’t accidentally switched on Heart FM.
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 7th August 2026
THE BADDEST LADIES AINT IN LA Hoping this can keep momentum up to become at the very least a top 20 but maybe even top 10.
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 7th August 2026
Sue Me does remind me that Gracie Abrams could be interesting if she wanted to be.
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 7th August 2026
*Kacey Musgraves, but yes!
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 7th August 2026
Tuning into the charts at work to hear Ain’t In LA and being met with Mr Brightside starting instead feels like a cruel joke at my expense x
-
BJSC 187: Confirmations
Okay, we are good to go so you’ll have semis this evening!
-
BJSC 187: Confirmations
I’m not gonna get into stuff like this because, as Freeze pointed out in the past, sometimes for people who don’t pay attention to the charts or aren’t from the UK might not be aware of an artists success and I don’t want to get into a shaming kinda game.
-
Radio 1 Playlist (07/08/2026)
I know Joe already revealed it in the last thread but ADELA & Slayyyter in one update is good enough for me ❤️ The new Rachel Chinouriri one is cute too x
-
BJSC 187: Confirmations
A vote for Hendinia is a vote for the small minded, TikTok distracted, ADHD riddled pop tarts 💃
-
BJSC 187: Confirmations
Thrilled to let you all know that is I who is responsible for this months FIELD RECORDING OF SOMEONE STRICKEN W CYCLOSPORIASIS DIARRHEA
-
BJSC 187: Confirmations
Yeah, I definitely agree with this - streaming is obviously going to be most people’s way of finding entries these days so I wouldn’t want to penalise anything appearing on New Music Friday anywhere in the world, but Rich is right in noticing that it’s notable certain playlists breed consistent success and seem to be a consistent source of entries here. And I am most definitely guilty of that since I found it in December 2023 and have taken MANY an entry from there 😂
-
BJSC 187: Confirmations
Yeah, it would’ve been an interesting one if Jade had won that battle by milliseconds. As we’d have been sitting in a world where her artist was quadruple confirmed but her song was only confirmed once. So I may have even been tempted to let it through but it’d be touch and go. Something I’ve been thinking about for a while so I’ll start sketching up some potential framework changes. I find it really hard to know how to police/point attribute streaming playlists but I do think it’s a change that needs to be made to keep up with current entry sourcing.
-
Rank the top 10 most streamed songs of all time
I struggle to see Shape Of You as top class at all and that’s not just a slight towards Ed Sheeran but it really was him at his most “jump on a trend for obvious success” at a time when he was already at the peak of his popularity. I’ve always thought it sounds like a lazy version of Cheap Thrills with pretty poor faux-inspiring lyricism and a phoned in vocal.
-
BJSC 187: Confirmations
A glossing over of the list and I’d hazard a guess there will be at least 3 vetoes still to come so please, for the sake of Harve getting this contest off the ground as much as anything, if you think your entry seems a bit borderline - please have another entry ready to go.
-
Rank the top 10 most streamed songs of all time
I actually just groaned looking at this list, what a depressing ranking 😂 01 As It Was 02 Blinding Lights 03 One Dance 04 STAY 05 Someone You Loved 06 Sunflower 07 Starboy 08 Shape Of You 09 Sweater Weather 10 Perfect
-
Slayyyter - brand new chanel$
This took me a few more days than the rest of you to properly properly click with me but it’s hit me today. I think it’s probably her best quality release, Dance aside, but there are still a few on the original album ahead of it that’s stopping me from joining the “this is the best song she’s ever made” train but we love a good singalong banger that feels equal parts euphoric and heartbreaking and she’s done a great job of delivering that tried and tested formula mastered by so many artists but putting her unique Slayyyyter spin on it and I think this track is the moment where I’ve most gone “yeah, I definitely know what a Slayyyter song is now, what her exact perspective is, what her brand is” etc. She’s perfected it with this.
-
BJSC 187: Confirmations
Some more clashes in the last few hours might just add some more discussion so bare with us trying to get this turned around as quickly as we can between four people all at work x
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 31/07/26
New peaks also for: 20 Alyssa Grace - Bloodstream (+8) 36 HUGEL, Imael Angel, Ultra Nate - Movin' To The Sun (+7)
-
Ghosts of Vetoes Past
I feel like this thread would be really worth glossing over for some of you who keep sending past vetoes 😁
-
Your most played of 2026
2026: Songs January - July 01 • 02 • 082 • Zara Larsson - Midnight Sun (48 for original / 16 for PinkPantheress remix / 15 for Alex Chapman remix / 2 for Super Loud / 1 for Live) 02 • 01 • 077 • Felicia - My System 03 • 03 • 061 • PinkPantheress & Zara Larsson - Stateside (59 for original / 2 for original) 04 • 04 • 046 • Zara Larsson - Eurosummer (31 plays for original / 15 plays for Shakira remix) 05 • 05 • 044 • FLO - Leak It 06 • 06 • 043 • Slayyyter - DANCE... (23 for Edit / 20 for original) 07 • 07 • 042 • Bebe Rexha - New Religion 08 • 09 • 042 • Robyn - Talk To Me (37 for original / 5 for Zara Larsson remix) 09 • 11 • 041 • ILLIT - It's Me 10 • 16 • 039 • DARA - Bangaranga 11 • 13 • 039 • KATSEYE - Pinky Up (38 for original / 1 for Techno remix) 12 • 10 • 037 • Slayyyter - OLD TECHNOLOGY 13 • 08 • 034 • A*Teens - Iconic (32 plays for original / 2 for Allertz remix) 14 • 14 • 034 • Zara Larsson - Hot & Sexy (27 for original / 7 for Tyla remix) 15 • 12 • 033 • Antigoni - JALLA 16 • 15 • 031 • Meira Omar - Dooset Daram 17 • 25 • 030 • Zara Larsson - Pretty Ugly (26 for original / 4 for JT remix) 18 • 19 • 027 • Haute & Freddy - Dance The Pain Away 19 • 23 • 027 • Memphis LK - Some Kinda Heaven 20 • 20 • 027 • Tyla - SHE DID IT AGAIN (feat. Zara Larsson) 21 • 21 • 027 • XG - HYPNOTIZE 22 • 17 • 027 • Zara Larsson - Lush Life 23 • 18 • 026 • Bebe Rexha - Cike Cike 24 • NE • 026 • Madonna - Danceteria 25 • 27 • 025 • Slayyyter - CRANK 26 • 22 • 024 • Baby Jane - Starry Eyed 27 • NE • 024 • Demi Lovato - Low Rise Jeans 28 • 24 • 024 • Tame Impala - Dracula (12 for original / 12 for Jennie remix) 29 • 33 • 023 • ADELA - KGB 30 • 28 • 023 • Agnes - LOVESONGS 31 • 26 • 023 • Agnes - WAKE UP 32 • 29 • 023 • Cherry Bomb - Never Be Me (Motherf***er) 33 • NE • 023 • Rebecca Black - Hot Wet Delirious 34 • NE • 022 • Madonna & Sabrina Carpenter - Bring Your Love 35 • 32 • 022 • Tate McRae - Sports Car (20 for original / 2 for VMAs Live version) 36 • 30 • 021 • Babe America - KISS RN 37 • 34 • 021 • Charli XCX - Dying For You 38 • 36 • 021 • Lady Gaga & Doechii - RUNWAY 39 • 31 • 021 • Sabrina Carpenter - House Tour 40 • 35 • 020 • Ericka Jane - Death Of Me (also on 20: Rebecca Black - Speakerphone / Tourist - Outside / Zara Larsson & Robyn - Puss Puss) 2026: Artists 01 • 315 • Zara Larsson (+40) 02 • 205 • Slayyyter (+26) 03 • 187 • Madonna (+146) 04 • 141 • Agnes (+5) 05 • 133 • Charli XCX (+43) 06 • 124 • Felicia (+4) 07 • 121 • Bebe Rexha (+29) 08 • 115 • Robyn (+29) 09 • 103 • PinkPantheress (+3) 10 • 085 • Demi Lovato (+14) 11 • 078 • KATSEYE (+15) 12 • 078 • Kim Petras (+33) 13 • 074 • Lady Gaga (+6) 14 • 069 • Sabrina Carpenter (+8) 15 • 067 • Kesha (+5) 16 • 063 • FLO (+14) 17 • 063 • Haute & Freddy (+7) 18 • 060 • Kacey Musgraves (+25) 19 • 055 • Rebecca Black (+41) 20 • 051 • ADÉLA (+24)