Everything posted by RobBot
-
Ghosts of Vetoes Past
Cherry Bomb is from the band Misterwives, who won BJSC a few years back.
-
Ghosts of Vetoes Past
I could be wrong but I think it was entered less than a week after it came out - so we had NO idea if it was going to pop off the same way as Never Be Me. But, it's very rare that someone's debut single pops off on this website as much as Never Be Me so it seemed like a natural assumption that the follow up would get plenty of attention / people listening out of curiosity, as Never Be Me was still top 30 on the Multichart at the time. I remember saying that I'd be happy to change my mind in a future contest if it was sent but had to cast judgement to a very new song with the only information I had to hand.
-
Estimated ACR status updates 2026
I haven’t seen anyone disagree with it because it’s not an opinion, it’s a fact. It is the longest running number one of all time. I’ve seen plenty of TikTok’s from people who are confused because they’ve not heard it before but I don’t think I’ve heard anyone say they don’t agree with it because it’s Sam Fender. I’ve seen people say the same about Choosin Texas surpassing I Will Always Love You in USA - and it might feel strange As I’ve previously said, why would it matter if the artist isn’t big to this conversation? Completely ignoring the fact that Sam Fender is one of the biggest artists in the UK in the last decade - Macarena is one of the biggest songs of all time sales wise, is this irrelevant and undeserving because Los Del Rio didn’t become a huge band? Some of the biggest songs are by one hit wonders and it doesn’t make them any less huge as songs in a singles chart.
-
ADÉLA - Ain't in LA
Superscar remains her best for me, that’s such a stellar pop song for so early in someone’s career that I almost wish she could re-release it once she’s got the public’s attention.
-
BJSC 187: Confirmations
It’s probably not helped by the fact I think we all called it different names at various parts of the contest. It’s been BJFestivalen, Buzzfestivalen and Buzzjackfestivalen depending on the day 😂
-
Estimated ACR status updates 2026
It also doesn’t matter because it’s a singles chart and not an artist chart. He could never release another song again and it wouldn’t delegitimise Rein Me In being as big as it is.
-
ADÉLA - Ain't in LA
My main hope is that this success doesn’t make her lose her edge. I love this song but it is one of her most generic releases so far and I want more Dylan Brady/KGB/Sex On The Beat shit once she’s got commercial success too. I think she’s smart enough to keep her edge though.
-
BJSC 187: Confirmations
Last day to go! We’re at a rather healthy 58 - I do think there’s a fair chance of some vetoes coming today so don’t get comfy x
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 31/07/26
This misled me to think Brand New Chanel$ had re-entered :( YAY for Adela making top 50, onwards and upwards still PLEASE.
- BJSC 187: Confirmations
-
BJSC 187: Confirmations
I don’t think there’s really any doubt about this in the first place but just to quite simply shut this off as a mod - we will never be blocking songs from being sent because of their length and I don’t think any of us would sign that off. I think policing what people send (outside of the veto system which is simply to do with perceived fairness rather than taste) is not a direction any of us would want for the contest. And in the same breath - nobody needs to feel guilty for skipping through songs that they don’t enjoy. I certainly don’t, it’s my time to choose what I want to do with it 😂
-
RobBot Hot 40 • 31/07/2026
01 [01] Rebecca Black - Hot Wet Delirious [02-01-01] 02 [**] ADÉLA - Ain't In LA [02] 03 [03] La Beba - SANTUARIO CLUB [06-03-03] 04 [02] Madonna - Danceteria [01-01-02-04] 05 [05] Shakira & Burna Boy - Dai Dai [05-05] 06 [09] Kim Petras - Pop Sound [09-06] 07 [06] Kim Petras - Brutalist [38-21-06-07] 08 [07] Rebecca Black - Speakerphone [10-04-07-08] 09 [**] Kacey Musgraves - Mexico Honey [09] 10 [38] Vicco - Tiramisú [38-10] 11 [20] Kim Petras - 101 [37-20-11] 12 [RE] Robyn - Talk To Me, Zara [06-04-08-14-15-12-20-24-39-x-12] 13 [04] Rose Gray - Club To Your Arms [09-03-04-13] 14 [22] Madonna & Martin Garrix - Bizarre [14-20-22-14] 15 [12] ILLIT - It's Me [23-18-12-15] 16 [17] Reve - Devour [04-10-17-16] 17 [34] Charli XCX - Camera [34-17] 18 [08] Diplo, Major Lazer & Tokischa - Papi [13-08-18] 19 [14] Katy Perry - Watch It Burn [11-12-14-19] 20 [29] Daine - Love Love (Love Love) [29-20] 21 [**] Katseye - Animal [21] 22 [**] XKYLAR - Sweat [22] 23 [**] FLO - Remedied [23] 24 [11] Chloe Jane - Middle Man [25-11-24] 25 [13] Ana Mena & Lola Indigo - pa ti toa <3 [03-08-13-25] 26 [19] Dara - Bangaranga [36-X-21-14-19-26] 27 [**] Erin LeCount - The Cinema [27] 28 [15] Dagny - C'est La Vie [05-05-15-28] 29 [10] Tourist - Outside [07-07-10-29] 30 [26] Charli XCX - SS26 [26-40-26-30] 31 [33] aespa - Lemonade [29-33-31] 32 [16] Madonna & Sabrina Carpenter - Bring Your Love [06-11-16-32] 33 [21] Charli XCX - Wink Wink [13-19-21-33] 34 [25] Ariana Grande - hate that i made you love me [08-16-25-34] 35 [31] LE SSERAFIM, ILLIT & KATSEYE - Iconic By Mistake [29-26-31-35] 36 [23] Carly Rae Jepsen - After All [23-36] 37 [18] Rose Gray - Just Be Bodies [18-37] 38 [32] Zara Larsson - Midnight Sun [01-01-01-01-02-02-03-03-01-02-05-10-17-16-09-04-04-02-04-06-07-02-01-03-03-04-06-08-04-02-01-02-07-06-08-10-16-16-19-24-22-19-17-16-20-x(9)-12-22-32-38] 39 [**] Michael Medrano - f*** FOREVER [39] 40 [24] Madonna - Love Sensation [02-09-24-40] LEAVING THE CHART: 27 • Orchid - heaven/jealous - crybaby's angel edit [27-x] 28 • Olivia Rodrigo - stupid song [28-x] 30 • YAKAYA - ПРИПИНДА [17-30] 35 • Just For Fun - Keep Talking [34-15-35-x] 36 • MNEK - REVERSE!! [15-28-36-x] 37 • Slayyyter - DANCE... [05-05-09-12-27-25-23-32-38-14-03-11-15-27-x(9)-18-24-37-x] 39 • Demi Lovato - Low Rise Jeans [01-01-x(9)-20-27-39-x] 40 • Minelli - Full Option [34-40-x] 2026 NUMBER ONES: 02/01/26 PinkPantheress & Zara Larsson - Stateside • 01 week at #1 09/01/26 PinkPantheress & Zara Larsson - Stateside • 02 weeks at #1 16/01/26 Zara Larsson - Midnight Sun • 07 weeks at #1 23/01/26 PinkPantheress & Zara Larsson - Stateside • 03 weeks at #1 30/01/26 PinkPantheress & Zara Larsson - Stateside • 04 weeks at #1 06/02/26 A*Teens - Iconic • 01 week at #1 13/02/26 FELICIA - My System • 01 week at #1 20/02/26 FELICIA - My System • 02 weeks at #1 27/02/26 FELICIA - My System • 03 weeks at #1 06/03/26 FELICIA - My System • 04 weeks at #1 13/03/26 FELICIA - My System • 05 weeks at #1 20/03/26 Bebe Rexha & Faithless - New Religion • 01 week at #1 27/03/26 FLO - Leak It • 01 week at #1 03/04/26 Slayyyter - Old Technology • 01 week at #1 10/04/26 Bebe Rexha - Hysteria • 01 week at #1 17/04/26 METTE - Coming Of Age • 01 week at #1 24/04/26 Demi Lovato - Low Rise Jeans • 01 week at #1 01/05/26 Demi Lovato - Low Rise Jeans • 02 weeks at #1 08/05/26 ILLIT - It's Me • 01 week at #1 15/05/26 ILLIT - It's Me • 02 weeks at #1 22/05/26 DARA - Bangaranga • 01 week at #1 29/05/26 DARA - Bangaranga • 02 weeks at #1 05/06/26 DARA - Bangaranga • 03 weeks at #1 12/06/26 ILLIT - It's Me • 03 weeks at #1 19/06/26 Dagny - C'est La Vie • 01 week at #1 26/06/26 Katy Perry - Watch It Burn • 01 week at #1 03/07/26 Ana Mena & Lola Indigo - pa ti toa <3 • 01 week at #1 10/07/26 Madonna - Danceteria • 01 week at #1 17/07/26 Madonna - Danceteria • 02 weeks at #1 24/07/26 Rebecca Black - Hot Wet Delirious • 01 week at #1 31/07/26 Rebecca Black - Hot Wet Delirious • 01 week at #1
-
RobBot Hot 40 • 24/07/2026
01 [02] Rebecca Black - Hot Wet Delirious [02-01] 02 [01] Madonna - Danceteria [01-01-02] 03 [06] La Beba - SANTUARIO CLUB [06-03] 04 [03] Rose Gray - Club To Your Arms [09-03-04] 05 [**] Shakira - Dai Dai (feat. Burna Boy) [05] 06 [21] Kim Petras - Brutalist [38-21-06] 07 [04] Rebecca Black - Speakerphone [10-04-07] 08 [13] Diplo, Major Lazer & Tokischa - Papi [13-08] 09 [**] Kim Petras - Pop Sound [09] 10 [07] Tourist - Outside [07-07-10] 11 [25] Chloe Jane - Middle Man [25-11] 12 [18] ILLIT - It's Me [23-18-12] 13 [08] Ana Mena & Lola Indigo - pa ti toa <3 [03-08-13] 14 [12] Katy Perry - Watch It Burn [11-12-14] 15 [05] Dagny - C'est la vie [05-05-15] 16 [11] Madonna & Sabrina Carpenter - Bring Your Love [06-11-16] 17 [10] Reve - Devour [04-10-17] 18 [**] Rose Gray - Just Be Bodies [18] 19 [14] Dara - Bangaranga [36-X-21-14-19] 20 [37] Kim Petras - 101 [37-20] 21 [19] Charli XCX - Wink Wink [13-19-21] 22 [20] Madonna & Martin Garrix - Bizarre [14-20-22] 23 [**] Carly Rae Jepsen - After All [23] 24 [09] Madonna - Love Sensation [02-09-24] 25 [16] Ariana Grande - hate that i made you love me [08-16-25] 26 [40] Charli XCX - SS26 [26-40-26] 27 [**] Orchid - heaven/jealous - crybaby's angel edit [27] 28 [**] Olivia Rodrigo - stupid song [28] 29 [**] Daine - Love Love (Love Love) [29] 30 [17] YAKAYA - ПРИПИНДА [17-30] 31 [26] LE SSERAFIM, ILLIT & KATSEYE - Iconic By Mistake [29-26-31] 32 [22] Zara Larsson - Midnight Sun [01-01-01-01-02-02-03-03-01-02-05-10-17-16-09-04-04-02-04-06-07-02-01-03-03-04-06-08-04-02-01-02-07-06-08-10-16-16-19-24-22-19-17-16-20-x(9)-12-22-32] 33 [29] aespa - Lemonade [29-33] 34 [**] Charli XCX - Camera [34] 35 [15] Just For Fun - Keep Talking [34-15-35] 36 [28] MNEK - REVERSE!! [15-28-36] 37 [24] Slayyyter - DANCE... [05-05-09-12-27-25-23-32-38-14-03-11-15-27-x(9)-18-24-37] 38 [**] Vicco - Tiramisu [38] 39 [27] Demi Lovato - Low Rise Jeans [01-01-x(9)-20-27-39] 40 [34] Minelli - Full Option [34-40] LEAVING THE CHART: 23 • Madonna - Fragile [22-23-x] 30 • Yseult - Freak (feat. JT) [17-30-x] 31 • Mae Muller - Wheels Come Off [31-x] 32 • Becky Hill - More! More! More! [24-32-x] 33 • Madonna - Read My Lips [28-33-x] 35 • Delta Goodrem - Hologram [32-35-x] 36 • Cherry Bomb - Sorry You're Not Sorry [16-36-x] 38 • Delta Goodrem - Eclipse [30-38-x] 39 • Meg Stalter - GAY (feat. MUNA) [19-39-x] 2026 NUMBER ONES: 02/01/26 PinkPantheress & Zara Larsson - Stateside • 01 week at #1 09/01/26 PinkPantheress & Zara Larsson - Stateside • 02 weeks at #1 16/01/26 Zara Larsson - Midnight Sun • 07 weeks at #1 23/01/26 PinkPantheress & Zara Larsson - Stateside • 03 weeks at #1 30/01/26 PinkPantheress & Zara Larsson - Stateside • 04 weeks at #1 06/02/26 A*Teens - Iconic • 01 week at #1 13/02/26 FELICIA - My System • 01 week at #1 20/02/26 FELICIA - My System • 02 weeks at #1 27/02/26 FELICIA - My System • 03 weeks at #1 06/03/26 FELICIA - My System • 04 weeks at #1 13/03/26 FELICIA - My System • 05 weeks at #1 20/03/26 Bebe Rexha & Faithless - New Religion • 01 week at #1 27/03/26 FLO - Leak It • 01 week at #1 03/04/26 Slayyyter - Old Technology • 01 week at #1 10/04/26 Bebe Rexha - Hysteria • 01 week at #1 17/04/26 METTE - Coming Of Age • 01 week at #1 24/04/26 Demi Lovato - Low Rise Jeans • 01 week at #1 01/05/26 Demi Lovato - Low Rise Jeans • 02 weeks at #1 08/05/26 ILLIT - It's Me • 01 week at #1 15/05/26 ILLIT - It's Me • 02 weeks at #1 22/05/26 DARA - Bangaranga • 01 week at #1 29/05/26 DARA - Bangaranga • 02 weeks at #1 05/06/26 DARA - Bangaranga • 03 weeks at #1 12/06/26 ILLIT - It's Me • 03 weeks at #1 19/06/26 Dagny - C'est La Vie • 01 week at #1 26/06/26 Katy Perry - Watch It Burn • 01 week at #1 03/07/26 Ana Mena & Lola Indigo - pa ti toa <3 • 01 week at #1 10/07/26 Madonna - Danceteria • 01 week at #1 17/07/26 Madonna - Danceteria • 02 weeks at #1 24/07/26 Rebecca Black - Hot Wet Delirious • 01 week at #1
-
Drag Race Down Under vs. the World | Season 1
WELL it's good to know that after a misleading first episode of quality, we're back to the Down Under I've come to expect. The episode was dire. The sound mixing was dreadful. The songs were awful. The writing for them was cringy. The editing is horrible (Michelle and Raven's really half arsed attempts at shock when Nicole was sent home was the icing on the cake for me). Nicole gave us nothing, Nikita gave us less than nothing. The whole episode was a big ball of nothing and I'll be back again next Friday for more x
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 31st July 2026
You win today x
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 31st July 2026
Disappointed for Shakira as others have said, just because I didn’t think we’d see her anywhere near the top again and I’d assume it’s chances are slim going forwards but as I said in the Friday Chart Predictions, as much as I find Rein Me In to be just fine as a song, it’s cool to see records broken and for British artists at that, rather than just Drake or something. I do think Rein Me In being #1 for such a long time has made me realise how much of a bubble of life I’m in though, more than ever. I genuinely don’t ever hear it in the wider world for it to be one of those unavoidable hits, but I guess I rarely ever go to straight pubs, I never listen to mainstream radio and my algorithm would never push Sam Fender on me. But I think that probably speaks to where music is currently and the fact there’s easy access to so much music out there rather than it not actually genuinely being a huge hit.
-
Radio 1 Playlist (31/07/2026)
Also, boo @ no Adela x
-
Radio 1 Playlist (31/07/2026)
Sad Girls, again, feels way too late for it to have any impact. I’m sure it’s a record label thing but the play listing of songs at the moment that are about 2 months after their main time in the spotlight is so strange.
-
BJSC 187: Confirmations
On a real, Cody, don’t you listen to a lot of K Pop? There’s at least 5 songs in your most recent personal chart that would pass the veto, and it’s kinda what I associate with you the most but you so scarcely actually send it yourself.
-
Jade's Top 40 | #487 (30.07.26)
It was a lovely two weeks Rebecca 😭
-
BJSC 187: Confirmations
It’s quite sad that they actually didn’t send the song, just the artist x
-
BJSC 187: Confirmations
I think the only precedence is that one is higher on the Excel spreadsheet than the other, presumably because of milliseconds? I assume I’m seeing the seme as Harve on that front.
-
BJSC 187: Confirmations
If I’d gone for my backup, the first 4 confirmations would’ve all been the same artist 😂
- ADÉLA - Ain't in LA
-
Troye Sivan - She's the Best
Oh, go AWAY Jack Antonoff!