Everything posted by RobBot
-
Leigh is doing Celebrity Traitors!!
I’ve not seen this thread but to respond to comments earlier about “Leigh Anne only asked because Jade didn’t want to do it”, as someone who worked a liiiitle bit in TV and has friends in casting, that’s really not how it works. They’ll throw out the invite to a lot of people, see who’s interested and then assort their cast based on that. So, it may well be that Leigh-Anne was picked because several other popstars said no, but it’s definitely not a case of 22 people being asked and then working out their “replacements” if they say no. Excited to see her on this! Struggling not to imagine, knowing how sweet she is, that she’ll be the type that’s a really bad faithful and gets carried to the end because she’s not a threat but at least we’d get plenty of airtime from her in that were the case!
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 25/09/26
What an artful trio of posts x
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 25/09/26
Probably a hope in vain but I’d love if Nicole Kidman could find a little extra steam from SOMEWHERE to just grab a week at #1. Especially with Babydoll making ground and threatening to ruin everyone’s winter a few weeks earlier than usual x
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • Boot Camp: Part One in Barcelona (Solo Male)
The only group I haven’t listened to first so mixing up the order yet AGAIN and this is by far the best set of songs yet. I liked every single one of them so this was hard. 01 Calvin Harris feat. Tinashe - Dollar Signs (I used to be obsessed with this song back in the day but haven’t heard it in 3 years and turns out that it STILL slaps me round the face) 02 Sam Smith - Lose You (how was this not a single?! Never heard this song but another bop and whoever is behind Sam has not missed a beat yet) 03 HRVY - Never Be Us (the best HRVY song that I’m aware of, wouldn’t have known it wasn’t a single as I have it saved in one of my monthly playlists but yeah, bop, and hopefully enough to sneak him through another round) 04 Darin - Om du var min (we LUH to hear the Swedish language, enjoyed this a lot in a later era than the last two) 05 Tom Grennan - If Only (the only song I know and really like of Tom’s is All These Nights and I’m gonna guess this is from the same era cos the vibe was similar and, as such, thought it was easily his best entry yet) 06 Sam Fender - The Treadmill (again, my favourite Sam entry yet but the competition was stronger and this kept getting edged down) 07 Damien Rice - Amie (the first Damien song I’ve enjoyed so far! The strings in this are gorgeous. I don’t really enjoy his vocals / white man with guitar style music at all so I can’t imagine him ever featuring super high for me but I did enjoy this and I’m glad cos I hate rating the same people bottom each time!) 08 Gary Numan - M.E. (this is definitely the closest to the only Gary song I knew before - Cars - with a similar Grand Theft Auto energy. The only thing pushing this below the rest is that it dragged a little towards the end but great production and Where’s Your Head At is my favourite Basement Jaxx song so this hit extra for that familiarity) 09 Lewis Capaldi - Heavenly Kind of State of Mind (again, not bad, but maybe my least favourite of his entries yet whereas everyone else levelled up but this was still pleasant) 10 Roosevelt - Forget (this IS a step up from last week and would’ve been much higher than last in either of the previous rounds but it was the least interesting for me and while I thought the production was fantastic, the track as a whole grabbed me the least)
-
Pop Track of the Week 2026: Week 39
I made this playlist on Friday and just hadn’t finished the post but she usually gets included in RnB polls! And then Melatonin was in dance. In hindsight, probably a bit of an oversight but on the basis that she seems to float around all the genres 😩
-
Pop Track of the Week 2026: Week 39
I think it’s cos people are meant to vote for good songs in this poll! 😮
-
Pop Track of the Week 2026: Week 39
Pop Track of the Week 2026 Each week, new releases from the worlds of pop and country are selected to go head to head, with one weekly winner. The winners will then go up against future weekly winners later in the year - at the end of each quarter and again at the end of the year - to determine the ultimate winner of 2026. WEEK 38: The Results Total votes : 26 Miley Cyrus feat. Model/Actriz - Different Religion 7 Troye Sivan - Party 7 ROSÉ - new trick 3 Say Now - Met my match 2 Tove Styrke - Me/You (always and forever) 2 Benjamin Ingrosso - funny feeling 1 dearALICE - Animal 1 Knox - Better Than Me 1 LEXXE - The Box 1 Midnight Til Morning - Anything 1 Freya Skye - bad taste 0 Grace Power - Black Hole Baby Bottom Feeder 0 Henry Morris - Crawling Back to You 0 Teddy Swims - Perfect Man 0 It was a two horse race to the finish for Week 38... and the race ended in a TIE! Which means that you will have to vote again in a tiebreaker to decide whether Miley Cyrus's 'Different Religion' or Troye Sivan's 'Party' reigns supreme for Week 38. Elsewhere, Rosé's return to pop-rock scored her 3 points, whilst Say Now and Tove Styrke were the only other acts to pick up votes from more than one member. WEEK 39 Choose one song in the poll - your favourite - from this week's new releases listed below and feel free to post a rate of the songs in the thread. Bradley Simpson - Ready to Go Cherry Bomb - Crash! Dasha - 82 Chevy EARTH TO EMILY - 2 GIRLS Florrie - Magic For a While Greyson Chance & Cain Culto - SAND ILLIT - Swingin' Magic Madonna & Charli xcx - Danceteria Afterhours Nessa Barrett - Tough Love Shawn Mendes - Cold In California Sugababes - Ghost Taylor Swift - Patient Zero Whitney Whitney - Sherry Wine Yseult - Superstar Pop Track of the Week 2026: Winners Week 1: Sabrina Carpenter - Such a Funny Way Week 2: Robyn - Talk to Me Week 3: Slayyyter - DANCE... Week 4: Harry Styles - Aperture Week 5: MEEK - Fabulous Week 6: Myles Smith & Niall Horan - Drive Safe Week 7: Meghan Trainor - Get In Girl Week 8: Jessie Ware - Ride Week 9: Slayyyter - OLD TECHNOLOGY Week 10: Jennifer Lopez & David Guetta - Save Me Tonight Week 11: Kacey Musgraves - Dry Spell Week 12: Ruel - Don't Say That Week 13: Slayyyter - BRITTANY MURPHY. Week 14: METTE - COMING OF AGE Week 15: Hilary Duff - Come Clean (Mine) Week 16: Demi Lovato - Low Rise Jeans Week 17: Madonna - I Feel So Free Week 18: Madonna & Sabrina Carpenter - Bring Your Love Week 19: Kesha - ORIGAMI! Week 20: Tove Lo - I'm your girl right? Week 21: Kylie Minogue - Light Up Week 22: Ariana Grande - hate that i made you love me Week 23: Taylor Swift - I Knew It, I Knew You Week 24: Olivia Rodrigo - stupid song Week 25: Angèle - Dis-le Week 26: Carly Rae Jepsen - On Wires Week 27: Madonna - Danceteria Week 28: Rebecca Black - Hot Wet Delirious Week 29: Kim Petras - Pop Sound Week 30: ADÉLA - Ain't in LA Week 31: Slayyyter - brand new chanel$ Week 32: Carly Rae Jepsen - Don't Leave Me on the Dance Floor Week 33: Wasia Project - Vogue Week 34: Carly Rae Jepsen - Motivation Week 35: Olivia Rodrigo - serena joy Week 36: Miley Cyrus - Bass Persuades Week 37: Dove Cameron - When in Rome Week 38: Miley Cyrus feat. Model/Actriz - Different Religion OR Troye Sivan - Party Listen to Pop Track of the Week 2026: Week 39
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • Boot Camp: Part One in Barcelona (Solo Female)
I think you might be misunderstanding my point a little (though you've liked my post, so maybe you haven't and this post is for nothing xx). Obviously songs sent from past eras are going to sound "of their time", the 80s synth pop songs in the groups obviously do. I'm more meaning that the 2010s aren't that long ago, so if you haven't heard songs from that time already (as Addy hadn't with Outta My Head) then I could understand that Only Girl In The World dance-pop sound feeling like it hasn't aged the best yet. But I'd imagine a lot of voters WILL know and be familiar with Outta My Head (like myself) and will therefore have fond memories of it, so the familiarity will help it to mean that "how well it's aged" does feel positively nostalgic. It's obviously the best choice for Leona, I don't think anyone could deny that and it SHOULD'VE been a single for sure.
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • Boot Camp: Part One in Barcelona (Groups)
Damn 😩 almost like you’d planned it out, poor thing!
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • Boot Camp: Part One in Barcelona (Solo Female)
I mean, I will say that the early 2010s kinda feel like they’re “stuck in that era” as a whole, but if you have nostalgia for it, then it’s something you miss a lot. I imagine hearing it for the first time does have a note of dated to it though. I felt like that with Come Alive in the last round, that the dubstep hadn’t aged well because I’m not all that familiar with Glassheart but if you played me Hold It Against Me, I’d get my life to the same thing because I have nostalgia for it. I did listen to the Echo album quite a bit and Outta My Head in particular so I have a different attachment to that sound with it.
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • Boot Camp: Part One in Barcelona (Solo Male)
Didn’t expect Jack’s Dollar Signs wish to actually come true because I seem to remember that was quite a marmite album track at the time but I do personally love it.
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • Boot Camp: Part One in Barcelona (Solo Female)
Time Machine, Outta My Head and Blue Moon are great picks here. Expected to see Eurosummer but Blue Moon is a beautiful moment too. I agree with Rich that that’s a killer pick from Leona though - it had to be that really. Plenty of discoveries to come for me here though which hasn’t been the case for the females much yet!
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • Boot Camp: Part One Results
I don’t think that would be necessary x
-
RPDR | UK | Season 8 | Queen Rankings
After Week 4 01 Mocha 02 KY Kelly 03 Naya Thorn 04 The Delta Quadrant 05 Anita Piss 06 Coral-Hole Mandi 07 Flesh 08 Alik 09 Paris Baby
-
RPDR | UK | Season 8
KY was miles better than the rest in reality, it was just obvious that that was going to be her bag so I feel like Mocha got granted a win as a result of grading on a curve. I’d have had her 3rd behind Naya personally. I do agree KY’s runway was rotted but I don’t agree that should’ve cost her the win because she was so easily the best. I’m gonna need her to absolutely clear Paris next week because I’m beyond over her at this point. The lip sync was cute but I’m tired of pretending that she’s some kind of essential villain just because she inserts her opinion into EVERYTHING and then throws a childish strop every time things don’t go her way. It’s petulant and bratty, not iconic, sassy or particular interesting.
-
Tinashe - Popstar
I’ve seen it start to gain A LITTLE bit of traction on TikTok of people trying to lip sync the fast part (you f***ing with me, hope you know I’m what you asked for…) but I’m also just a massive fan of the song so it might just be pushing it my way for that reason alone.
-
Unknown Pleasures 36: Confirmations ❤️
Kinda wanna break my Unknown Pleasures virginity at some point to continue ~broadening my musical horizons but not sure if I’ve got anything for it 🤔
-
bjsc 189 🟦 confirm
I’m gonna need Friday to really pull through for me. I had one entry (that I wasn’t even 100% certain felt like the one) and that got taken and now I’ve got loads of songs I like but I feel like nothings jumping out with that “this has to be mine” energy.
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • Boot Camp: Part One Results
Ooft, what a winner the girls have had so far. Two runaways which really could’ve been both acts’ final winning song.
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • Boot Camp: Part One Results
I think we could all probably guess the only possible lunatic who would send Milica Pavlovic i say that with the most love x
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • Boot Camp: Part One Results
I’m ashamed to say I’m having to properly quickly familiarise myself with some of my artists albums 😂
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • Boot Camp: Part One Results
I fear I’m still still none the wiser x
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • Boot Camp: Part One Results
The way I’ve been trying to work out if this was Milica or Kate Bush but I’m still none the wiser 😂 — Aww shame about Milica! I actually really liked the track this time and would’ve been camp to see her make another round. Gutted about Vengaboys aswell, echoing the feeling that the groups just lost a whole lot of fun.
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • The Arena Auditions in Amsterdam (Solo Male)
Hahaha what a mess of a ranking! Blame me rushing on a train x
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • The Arena Auditions in Amsterdam (Solo Male)
11 Darin feat. Kat DeLuna - Breathing Your Love (REEEEDOOOONE KAT DELUNAAA AND DAAARIN, I’ll always be nostalgic for 2010s RedOne and I’m so glad this has been played) 10 Calvin Harris - Summer (when this started, I was like oh god cos I didn’t think it would’ve aged well but… not sure if it’s cos the sun is out today or because of the competition but it actually sounded really good so maybe I’ve just had enough time away from it to appreciate it again) 09 Calvin Harris & Sam Smith - Promises (I definitely thought I’d be ranking this higher than Summer but that actually does have more oomph, another great Sam offering though) 08 Lewis Capaldi - Forget Me (I should dislike this more because this is peak Capaldi voice being on the border of unlistenable but I do think it works on this and the melody and hook are strong enough for me to still enjoy it) 07 HRVY - 1 Day 2 Nights (as mentioned above, that kind of 2020 Joel Corry/Nathan Dawe sound hasn’t aged that well for me so I did prefer Hasta Luego but… the bottom 6 did nothing for me and this was at least enjoyable) 06 Tom Grennan - Before You (melodic but quite meh) 05 Sam Fender - Saturday (less melodic and still meh) 04 Mackenzie Mackay - London (this kinda felt like an amalgamation of about 3 different artists that I don’t enjoy but there was more to like about it than the bottom three so I do think it’s been done a bit dirty with so many bottom placements) 03 Gary Numan - I Die: You Die (dragged a bit) 02 Roosevelt - Take Me Back (Midnight Version) (I low key thought the playlist had ended and just thrown on some long ambientness as a suggested song and didn’t click until about 4 minutes in that I was still listening to songs from the competition) 01 Damien Rice - Woman Like a Man (didn’t like this at all, I don’t really enjoy acoustic stuff at the best of times so that’s just a personal thing but didn’t like the vocal style or lyrics either so it was just a miss on all fronts for me)