Everything posted by RobBot
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • The Arena Auditions in Amsterdam (Solo Male)
I’ve enjoyed what I’ve heard of HRVY so far so this question isn’t aimed at me anyway but my response to this would be that I prefer Scandipop / Eurovision-esque maximalist pop or RedOne pop to Joel Corry style faceless dance pop. It holds more nostalgia to me personally and given a lot of this site quite enjoy Swedish artists, I’d hazard a guess that could be the same for others.
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • The Arena Auditions in Amsterdam (Solo Female)
11 Zara Larsson - Ain't My Fault (one of my favourite Zara songs ❤️ seems like the sort of thing that wouldn’t have aged great but it feels kinda like the most Midnight Sun coded song in her discography that isn’t from that era so it’s had a proper revival with me in the last year - strong comeback from Love Me Land) 10 Adele - Rolling in the Deep (the best Adele song I think? Kinda crazy to use this early but she does have many more classics to come I guess so why not guarantee survival when faves are falling like flies x) 09 Agnes - EGO (this era doesn’t get its flowers enough in best album of the conversations if you ask me, and this is possibly the best of the era - sounds huge and anthemic) 08 Robyn - Hang With Me (my love for Robyn has grown over the years and this is the type of song responsible for that - the epitome of her bashful, conversational but beautifully relatable lyricism and a classic) 07 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Me and My Imagination (very glad this has appeared, kinda underrated I feel but has a timeless energy to it, just Sophie doing what she does best) 06 MARINA - Froot (I’ve always found this era a bit overrated online but this song has stood the test of time well) 05 Milica Pavlović - Crna jutra (Balkan S&M) (definitely prefer this song to round 1 and I think the field isn’t quite as strong which has allowed me to enjoy this more comparably) 04 Jessie Ware - If You're Never Gonna Move (I definitely prefer Jessie in her disco bag that she’s landed in since 2020 but I like this more than I did at the time) 03 Leona Lewis - Come Alive (it does bop but it hasn’t aged very well at all, that kinda dubstep lite sound is probably the worst aging trend of the 2010s for me) 02 Dido - Take My Hand (I was enjoying this but it went on a bit for me and didn’t really do much with its length to warrant it continuing for so long) 01 Kate Bush - The Man With the Child in His Eyes (she sounds great but this didn’t really leave much of an impression on me sadly) Not as strong as round 1 but still by far the best category ofc, every elimination is gonna be a killer :(
-
Tinashe - Popstar
I’m not HUGE on slow RnB so this album isn’t hitting for me as much as others but I’ll be the first to admit that that’s a personal taste thing rather than there being a lack of quality on show here. The songs that DO hit feel like an artist at her peak of doing what she wants and smashing it. Melatonin remains a song of life and Nobody Wanna Dance Anymore and Brainrot were my other stand outs from first listen. So good to see her killing it this far into her career after a start which felt like she was on the precipice of breaking through but never quite making it for YEARS but this is the power of just persisting and trusting in who you are as an artist and following your own vision because I feel like she’s really come into her own and harnessed all of the star power we knew she had and all it took was for her to take control instead of labels who think they know best.
-
Record of the Decade: 2016-2025 (2017 Voting Thread) – Results on page 3
30 Carly Rae Jepsen - Cut To The Feeling 29 Clean Bandit (feat. Zara Larsson) - Symphony 28 Little Mix - Touch 27 Tove Lo - Disco Tits 26 Dua Lipa - Be The One 25 Katy Perry (feat. Migos) - Bon Appétit 24 Rita Ora - Anywhere 23 Jax Jones (feat. Demi Lovato & Stefflon Don) - Instruction 22 Little Mix - Power 21 Katy Perry (feat. Skip Marley) - Chained To The Rhythm 20 Lorde - Green Light 19 Katy Perry (feat. Nicki Minaj) - Swish Swish 18 Charli XCX - Track 10 17 Zara Larsson - TG4M 16 Charli XCX - Boys 15 Paramore - Hard Times 14 CNCO - Reggaetón Lento (Original / Little Mix Remix) 13 Avicii (feat. Rita Ora) - Lonely Together 12 SZA - Drew Barrymore 11 Steps - Scared of the Dark 10 Dua Lipa - New Rules 09 Calvin Harris (feat. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry & Big Sean) - Feels 08 Adele – Water Under The Bridge 07 Lady Gaga - The Cure 06 French Montana (feat. Swae Lee) - Unforgettable 05 Calvin Harris (feat. Frank Ocean & Migos) - Slide 04 Jax Jones (feat. Ina Wroldsen) - Breathe 03 Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa - Scared to Be Lonely 02 Jax Jones (feat. RAYE) - You Don't Know Me 01 Camila Cabello - Crying In The Club
-
Kim Petras - Detour
Seeing her in about 5 hours! 💃🏼
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Final Results ⬜⬛
BJSC 188 STATS DUMP Most voters: 37 Nelionoir 32 Hendinia 31 Persephonia 29 Aeroche 29 Skall Highest average points per person: 10.88 Land Of DW 10.54 POPHub 10.52 The Spodic Empire 10.00 Lotunia 9.70 Lentyll 9.59 Ojnoj 9.35 Eledan 9.30 Cor Lupus 9.29 Jupiterdonia 9.13 Herbilore Most 18s: 05 Aelandor 04 POPHub 04 Cor Lupus 04 Land Of DW 04 Lotunia Most medals: 09 Nelionoir 09 Cor Lupus 08 Persephonia 08 POPHub 08 Lotunia Biggest progression from semi finals to final: +19 Herbilore +19 Harmonica +16 Trifoski +15 Lotunia +13 Ojnoj Biggest regression from semi finals to final: -24 Thelonia -22 Jadakissnia -17 Ajanaeda -16 N DNTN -16 Fljotavik I know some of you kinda liked these before so here you are, a bit late x
-
Danceteria • 2nd single (remix with Charli XCX)
It's fun that this exists and it doesn't really TAKE AWAY from the original, but I don't think there's much reason for me to play this over the original. The outro is the best part, but other than that, it's just a guest verse on a song that's already a 10/10 already, so it doesn't really add anything either.
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • The Arena Auditions in Amsterdam (Groups)
My rankings: 01 Years & Years - All For You (not one I’d most think to go back to but maybe that made it feel fresher, great pop song!) 02 iamamiwhoami - chasing kites (preferred this to Play actually, really enjoyed the production on this) 03 Texas - I Don't Want a Lover (I did not know this but wouldn’t have known it was Texas! Liked this much more than Round 1) 04 Vengaboys - 1999 (I Wanna Go Back) (I don’t even rate this particularly high but everything beneath this didn’t make much of an impression on me and this certainly does in its delightful cheapness, I fear this group is going to become a real slog to listen through if they go) 05 M83 - Kim & Jessie (I like this but not sure it needs its entire run time as I got a bit bored) 06 Bananarama - Look on the Floor (Hypnotic Tango) (I like the general soundscape but don’t feel like enough of interest happened with it to keep me captured for the whole song, not bad though!) 07 Depeche Mode - Ghosts Again (again, decent) 08 Sade - Your Love is King (I like the vibe but doesn’t leave a huge deal of impression - again, thought I was listening to George Michael before checking the artist, is this something that people comment on much?!) 09 New Order - Age of Consent (about on par with round 1, gonna like the production of most of their entries but not all that bothered about the whole song) 10 Fontaines D.C. - Jackie Down the Line (I’m figuring that the songs I know and like of them must just be the more poppy sounding songs - this felt… very not that and very not Pop Factor but I imagine they’ll last and I’ll get to enjoy their more melodic stuff later down the line) 12 Ultravox - The Voice (don’t think their entries are going to click much with me sadly, probably not helped by the wealth of synthyness in this category and their songs have so far been the weakest of that to me, not keen on the vocal) Thought I’d reverse my listening this week and start with Groups. Still not finding them a particular fun listen and if we lose the biggest fun of them all then that does not bode well, I fear 😂
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • The Arena Auditions in Amsterdam (Solo Female)
I was at the Liverpool Eurovision thing working it! I was stuck in a green room looking after Lightning Seeds’ guitars with Zara getting ready to go on stage for about an hour sending sneaky pictures to Lee Wallace and having to keep it cool harder than I’ve ever had to in any TV role 😂
-
Radio 1 Playlist (25/09/26): Was Nicole Kidman patient zero at the party?
Double ADELA *.*
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • The Arena Auditions in Amsterdam (Solo Female)
He responds to my Instagram stories whenever I post about Zara so I would assume so 😂 I’m sure he’s as much of a mess as he ever was given his only other message to me this year was advising me which bars in Benidorm to get drunk in x
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • The Arena Auditions in Amsterdam (Solo Female)
Speaking as someone who has been on the Zara train for a long while, I don’t feel Buzzjack have ever been vocal Zara fans, as much as they’re fans of Midnight Sun specifically. She had her own Artist Forum for a short second but that came and went pretty quickly. So I’m not surprised that people with vocal legacies like SEB, Robyn, Marina are proving more popular. Myself & Lee Wallace (RIP) (not actually dead, just to Buzzjack) have been lonely flying the flag for years 😂
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 18/09/26
I just knew you’d be a Babydoll fan somehow 😂
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 18/09/26
Babydoll is giving threatening energy to me, smells like a #1 in February 2027 that we just can’t get rid of.
-
Pop Track of the Week 2026: Week 38
I love Troye and Say Now’s songs but it’s definitely Party that I’ve been banging the most so has to be him x
-
Carly Rae Jepsen - Day and Night
I have to say, for an album of its size, the quality control of this is fantastic. I would agree that there aren’t a ton of stand outs but it’s sonically cohesive without sounding too boring and samey and her vision throughout is super clear so I think she achieved what she set out to make with precision. It is missing a few more big hitters than you would like, and you probably could make a better 13/14 song album out of it but I do feel like she’s veered away from the pure pop stuff now and that’s just an artistic decision she’s made as she’s matured and I have to respect rather than challenge. Agreeing with Jonjo that Burning Heart is the stand out of the album tracks and I definitely think it should’ve been a pre-album single. Near Or Far’s production kinda gagged me too, there’s definitely some surprising choices for Carly in here and I like where she’s experimented. I think it’s a fully realised project and I take my hat off to that more than I do as an album I’m going to return to in its entirety all that often but there’s equally nothing bad here.
-
Delta Goodrem - PURE
Isn’t she slated to actually perform on Strictly this week? Seems very strange not to strike while the irons hot.
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Final Results ⬜⬛
I don’t know about you but I’m really interested in seeing how Nelionoir are doing in the Year to Date leaderboard now.
-
Say Now - Met my match
I wasn’t sold on this initially, I didn’t think it had the immediate pop of some of their other songs but it’s growing on me rapidly. The video looks reaaaally cheap though. I immediately said it was giving Biology, but without any of the whimsy but I see they’ve done a TikTok to that song so maybe it’s an intentional reference?
-
bjsc 189 🟦 nelly's drawing room
We might have to revive a “how is your country pronounced?” thread because I definitely butchered half of these names when doing the BJSC FM countdowns last year
-
bjsc 189 🟦 nelly's drawing room
I can’t deal with all of this in one day.
-
bjsc 189 🟦 nelly's drawing room
Please educate x
-
Big Brother UK • Series 23
We support riggory that benefits the programme in THIS HOUSE!
-
Big Brother UK • Series 23
The scream I let out when Johanne gained immunity!
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • The Arena Auditions in Amsterdam (Solo Male)
🎵 REEEEEDONE KAT DELUNAAAAA AAAND DARIN 🎵