Jump to content

RobBot

Moderator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RobBot

  1. METTE for sure has my heart this week. Was quite disappointed with her first single from this era but Coming Of Age is a definite return to form ❤️
  2. Also - voted at the last minute as per usual. Feel bad for forgetting last round and (possibly) not helping Troye out of his grave.
  3. sounds fair to me xx
  4. It’s been 84 years x
  5. I’ve put in a standing order for the sun to come out every time it seems like Midnight Sun might have peaked. Glad to see it’s continuing to do its bit ❤️
  6. okay, fine, not Kaarija then. After all, Konstrakta walked so Joshua Idehen could run.
  7. I’m just looking at the full results now, points and all, and it actually backs up what I was saying in the odds thread that “nothing felt like a winner”. Apart from Fljotavik, I was wrong about that and it IS a runaway winner but 253pts is notably low for 2nd place. That would’ve got you 6th in BJSC 182 and 6th in BJSC 181. It was a perfect storm for a (more than usual) divisive song to win because there was no alternative that galvanised people enough. I don’t mean any of the above as a negative though, I think it’s good to see the song with the most 18s win and also prove that you don’t have to hit some kind of alt-pop-dance sweet spot to win either. It’s good to see a ~Kaarija win where a safer Loreen/Nemo/JJ would usually, if you will.
  8. Congratulations Dandy! It’d have felt slightly off for anything else to have won in a contest where the hype has been dominated so heavily by one song and the discussion around it has felt like that of an instant classic. It’s not my cup of tea, in the sense that I’d have no desire to ever listen to it as music, but it’s a clever and thought-provoking piece of poetry. A shame you can’t host as I really enjoyed the last Dandy hosting 💔 The first winner since BJSC 172 I haven’t voted for so it’s been a good run of Rob faves tbf - almost the exact inverse of Brer 😂! Loooooved all of the graphic design for this contest John, that’s how you do a “simple” style of hosting but make it look effortlessly chic and easy. I know it’s not easy making loads of graphics though and it takes a lot of organisation to keep doing it alongside the results you’re adding up too, so kudos to you. Very happy with 10th! Had an inkling Baby Jane was getting a liiitle overhyped and I didn’t think that was just pessimism, as I did predict my own entry to finish top 3 last contest as I was genuinely confident in it. There was a good chunk of the contest that I wasn’t top 10 at all so it was a pleasant surprise to see the final scoreboard. Hopefully no sneaky mistakes will throw me out after this post 😂 thank you to everyone who enjoyed it and has been vocal about enjoying it - it’s been nice to see some different voters for Hendinia this time! Happy to see Ojnoj made top 2, I did tell you not to be disappointed that you didn’t get Yseult as I knew this would do well for sure. My 18 going top 3 is great too, well done Phil. It’s been a better year than usual for Eurovision rejects, two top 5s this year. What to do next contest ~ I’ve been SO busy the last few weeks that my excitement for new music that isn't Slayyyter has dipped a tad but hopefully I’ve got something up my sleeve to keep a strong start to 2026 up!
  9. I like the idea of a Fljotavik landslide becoming the new yearly staple, now that Aeroche have retired from scoring at least one win every year. We love tradition x
  10. Would very much accept my usual 11-15 at this point, it’s been slightly underwhelming but actually around about where I’d have predicted it’d come before the contest and the surprising hype.
  11. Okay, someone like Cameron loving Fljotavik was not in the cards. It really is over 😂
  12. It really is a never ending midnight sun ❤️
  13. Genuinely have no idea where this is going to go. Kinda… nothing feels like an obvious winner to me and I could give you a reason why I don’t feel like any of the contenders will win. As opposed to like, BJSC 181, when I could’ve given you good reason for any of like… 6 songs winning. I guess that probably does lead me to thinking Fljotavik will do it after all because there’s nothing I see as obvious crossover catnip like First Aid Kit and Haute & Freddy so perhaps the answer really just is that it will go to the song with the loudest love for once.
  14. This is a strooong ground. Purely at a distance, I think it could be a tough one for Delta and I could see Chappell potentially being a shock struggle now as I know that song is one of her more divisive songs. But really hard to call on the whole - must remember to vote in this for sure.
  15. Yeah, I hadn’t even fathomed that she’d become big enough to have a top 100 charting album, let alone top 40. I thought she still felt very internet focused but it gives me hope that she’s breaking out even more than I’d realised. Completely deserved too, with material like this, she absolutely should be getting bigger and bigger.
  16. DANCE…, Talk To Me and Old Technology are quite a clear top 3 for me here ❤️
  17. RobBot posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    Yeah, it’s hard not to hear that, not just the sound but the whole structure of the song is identical to Jump. Right down to the hard style end of the song. But that’s one of my favourite songs of 2025 so a good song to be inspired by and another bop from Ms Rexha.
  18. These are words I never thought I’d see written down.
  19. She's alright. I was rooting for her but she didn't deliver a bop x
  20. Yeah, it's a really hard one to call. It's hard to ignore all of the vocal hype it's receiving and it definitely feeds the brain a signal that it's going to get a ton of high points and thus should be the winner. But, having heard it last night, I'd never have thought it sounded like a winner just off the song alone, infact I can hear why Juranamo thought it sounded like it wouldn't do well at all. But I appreciate I'm not its target audience and I agree with Blacksquare that it will benefit from the pop fans having quite a bit to feed off in this final, that there isn't an obvious leader of that pack.
  21. BRITTANY MURPHY is probably only like... my 9th favourite song on the album, but it's still better than anything on this list 😂
  22. Juranamo, I’m obsessed with you and the way you just drop these bombs of carnage so casually ❤️
  23. Definitely the first album of the year that I’ve been HOOKED on and it took me a bit of time to get used to this sound for her but now I have, I can’t get enough.
  24. There you go Toastie, fixed that algorithm for you.
  25. Oh so I actually am just dragging Jade into it for the sake of it then. Jade walking into this thread: