Jump to content

RobBot

Moderator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RobBot

  1. Right, all that’s left to do is to vote for Baby Jane and I’ll host you some kind of anonymous contest next month. Thank you in advance ❤️
  2. I also feel that way but I appreciate that might be a bit of a hollow sentiment coming from me. I don’t see a reason why, I, of all people would benefit from some kind of favouritism. I’ve won one Lounge award in 18 years of being on the site and I doubt I’d be topping any popularity contest, should they still exist. Meanwhile, Jade is extremely loved and has only just had her first qualifier of the year (sorry to drag you through the mud, sis, I promise this is meant to speak on how lovely you are, not making you feel like a flop xx) Pagasa came 2nd last contest (in reality) - the first time they’ve ever finished top 5 and I think a lot of people were rooting for them for that reason. East Rukahavian top 5 last year for the first time in like… a decade. There’s only 6 countries who have 100% qualification records in the last ten contests. It has been forever since we dabbled with anonymity though so as I said in my last post, I’m always open to gauging how the majority feel and if that would people some assurance or would give the contest an added excitement for them, maybe we give it a go.
  3. I’m going to respond to this with grace before another mod gets to it (although I do think it’s a tad rude). I think it may be time that we open up a thread to let people sound off any ideas. But the reality is - there’s not any other competition on this site that has lasted close to 200 editions, run monthly, kept regular participation. And I think a lot of the reason behind this is the simplicity of it. You pick a song, send a song, compete in a semi and a final and it’s done. The same with Eurovision. When you start adding too much factors, I think things can be overcomplicated. We did discuss a shorter confirmation window this time round and this may well still come to fruition in future - the dates John provided worked for him and the host is priority really. However, many people have made polite suggestions in this thread and I wouldn’t like for people to get sick of the contest because it has become stale so I’ll open up a thread for suggestions when I’m at my laptop and if people really think there’s things they’d like to see trialled, then we can take this back to the mod forum and discuss them.
  4. Yeah, I’m looooving the simplistic art style of this contest. Very chic ~
  5. I don’t know all of Semi Final 2 but this looks like a really strong final from a quick glance. Think I’m gonna find it the hardest to vote of any 2026 contest.
  6. Also feeling guilty that Taahino was the last song I cut but in recent semis, it’d have easily got like 4pts or something. It was stronger and poppier than the last few contests but I think it would’ve grown even more on future listens. As it stands though… I think I got 10/10 qualifiers through for the second contest in a row? Kinda gaggy
  7. I don’t know if I’ve understood anything you’ve said for the last 7 days, Mr Toaster 😭
  8. SF1 was a really good semi actually, above the norm for me so that probably means I’ll lose a few faves but those non-voters may help a little bit.
  9. butt plugs sex toys lube inside (actually think Pussy Palace being here is kinda camp I can’t lie)
  10. I think I could've picked about 8 people before I'd have landed on Myki as a winner 😂
  11. Me trying to find a ballad if I got through to this round (lol good one):
  12. RontBet aren't making a single penny though while you're still in business!
  13. Yeah, I definitely had not conceived Pussy Palace as being a ballad, but I guess it is... slow? Chiquitita is one of my favourite ABBA songs, feel like it doesn't get as much love as many of their classics so LOOOVE seeing it here - I really don't see how they don't win this whole thing with ease❤️
  14. Well, on that note, I think I'll take the 700/1 bet, please Juranamo.
  15. I’m fuming that I got this elimination spoilt for me on Monday by TikTok just randomly having “Jane Don’t Elimination Spoiler” in my recommended search box. My jaw would’ve dropped. But I weirdly didn’t care anyway because I don’t feel invested in anyone at this point. Like I actually don’t care who wins and who goes, so every result is a bit of a shrug.
  16. Wow, I so nearly screwed it for you Calum 😂
  17. Oh I didn’t even THINK about Already Gone. Ugh, Jon, you’re eating comfortably this weekend x
  18. Assuming you’re wanting to save Because Of You, then I’m sure Piece by Piece would slay.
  19. In agreement that I definitely prefer Nelly Furtado and she’s got loads left but there’s an abundance of women left so for variety’s sake, kinda rooting for SS.
  20. Looking at the votes, I think Scissor Sisters will definitely be getting the snip but I’m not sure who’s joining them. Possibly Corrs? Maybe Nelly but I don’t think quite.
  21. There’s no halo round my head, no, there’s no angels here x
  22. ABBA - Super Trouper Chappell Roan - Red Wine Supernova Delta Goodrem - Believe Again Kelly Clarkson - Never Again Conan Gray - Maniac Atomic Kitten - Be With You Florence + the Machine - Hurricane Drunk HAIM - If I Could Change Your Mind Troye Sivan - Bloom ROSALÍA - PIENSO EN TU MIRÁ - Cap.3: Celos Lily Allen - Madeline The Corrs - Irresistible Nelly Furtado - Big Hoops (Bigger the Better) Scissor Sisters - She’s My Man David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes
  23. You guys are in a crisis, I’m on my way x
  24. AN ALBUM. So intense and abrasive the whole way through (bar the wonderful closer) but in a way that didn't actually tire me out. This definitely feels like an artist who has completely hit her stride and worked out exactly who she wants to be. I say that as someone who's loved her last few albums, and still probably holds Mine & Troubled Paradise amongst her best songs but I think she feels more individual now than she used to. The visuals, the sequencing, everything works. I think DANCE... has gone on to become one of my songs of the year too, still think it's finding new love for me months on. YES GODDD and $T. LOSER are my favourites of the ones I'd not heard - all in all, very very good.
  25. 01 [**] FLO - Leak It [01] 02 [01] Bebe Rexha & Faithless - New Religion [02-01-02] 03 [**] LUNA - Heavenly [03] 04 [02] FELICIA - My System [01-01-01-01-01-02-04] 05 [03] Antigoni - Jalla [21-06-12-03-05] 06 [11] Angele & Justice - What You Want [11-06] 07 [08] Baby Jane - Starry Eyed [22-16-15-31-40-x-21-14-08-07] 08 [25] Slayyyter - OLD TECHNOLOGY [33-24-25-08] 09 [07] Pussycat Dolls - Club Song [07-09] 10 [04] Bebe Rexha - Cike Cike [18-04-03-04-10] 11 [**] Baby Jane - Malvina [11] 12 [05] Kacey Musgraves - Dry Spell [05-12] 13 [32] Avery Cochrane - Losing Streak [32-13] 14 [38] Slayyyter - DANCE... - Edit [05-05-09-12-27-25-23-32-38-14] 15 [18] Ditonellapiaga - Che fastidio! [30-18-15] 16 [36] Linda Lampenius x Pete Parkkonen - Liekinheitin [36-16] 17 [10] Ella Langley - Choosin Texas [32-22-10-17] 18 [**] Akylos - Ferto [18] 19 [08] Sanna Nielsen - Waste Your Love [03-04-06-19] 20 [39] Em Beihold - Unicorn [39-20] 21 [14] Meira Omar - Dooset Daram [02-05-06-14-21] 22 [24] Zara Larsson - Midnight Sun [01-01-01-01-02-02-03-03-01-02-05-10-17-16-09-04-04-02-04-06-07-02-01-03-03-04-06-08-04-02-01-02-07-06-08-10-16-16-19-24-22] 23 [16] Charli XCX - Dying For You [10-09-15-16-23] 24 [**] RAYE - Click Clack Symphony (feat. Hans Zimmer) [24] 25 [09] A*Teens - Iconic [01-02-04-07-10-10-09-25] 26 [13] Haute & Freddy - Showgirl At Heart [13-26] 27 [12] sombr - Homewrecker [21-15-27-37-35-12-27] 28 [29] LOOK MUM NO COMPUTER - Eins, Zwei, Drei! [29-28] 29 [31] Erika Vikman - Father (I Will Never Confess) [12-08-11-31-29] 30 [17] PinkPantheress & Zara Larsson - Stateside [07-06-14-32-34-25-09-22-30-14-05-01-01-02-01-01-04-06-07-06-11-09-17-30] 31 [15] BLACKPINK - GO [07-08-15-31] 32 [21] Cimberly - Eternity [22-28-07-21-32] 33 [20] Memphis LK - Some Kinda Heaven [05-02-03-02-05-20-33] 34 [19] Jessie Ware - Ride [36-18-19-34] 35 [**] Hilary Duff - Weather For Tennis [35] 36 [**] DARA - Bangaranga [36] 37 [28] Hemlocke Springs - be the girl! [08-05-15-16-28-37] 38 [26] Haute & Freddy - Dance The Pain Away [05-09-13-19-28-13-15-14-23-26-38] 39 [22] COBRAH - Dog [13-22-39] 40 [23] Agnes - LOVESONGS [03-05-10-06-09-12-25-23-40] DROPOUTS: 27 • CMAT - The Jamie Oliver Petrol Station [27-x] 30 • IVE - Bang Bang [31-17-27-20-30-x] 33 • ROSALIA, Bjork, Yves Tumor - Berghain (Conrad Taylor Remix) [03-04-02-08-12-20-35-40-37-37-x-33-x] 34 • Evangelia - PAREA [38-34-x] 35 • John Summit & LAVINIA - Shadows [26-17-35-x] 37 • Ericka Jane - Death Of Me [15-08-03-03-08-19-33-37-x] 40 • CMAT - Stay For Something [29-40-x] 2026 NUMBER ONES: 02/01/26 PinkPantheress & Zara Larsson - Stateside • 01 week at #1 09/01/26 PinkPantheress & Zara Larsson - Stateside • 02 weeks at #1 16/01/26 Zara Larsson - Midnight Sun • 07 weeks at #1 23/01/26 PinkPantheress & Zara Larsson - Stateside • 03 weeks at #1 30/01/26 PinkPantheress & Zara Larsson - Stateside • 04 weeks at #1 06/02/26 A*Teens - Iconic • 01 week at #1 13/02/26 FELICIA - My System • 01 week at #1 20/02/26 FELICIA - My System • 02 weeks at #1 27/02/26 FELICIA - My System • 03 weeks at #1 06/03/26 FELICIA - My System • 04 weeks at #1 13/03/26 FELICIA - My System • 05 weeks at #1 20/03/26 Bebe Rexha & Faithless - New Religion • 01 week at #1 27/03/26 FLO - Leak It • 01 week at #1