Everything posted by RobBot
-
The One That Got Away
Up to #148 on Spotify UK today and #108 globally - both new peaks ❤️
-
Robyn - Sexistential
First listen and it’s enjoyable and it is cohesive! It lacks a bit of excitement and variation in parts and I expect it’ll pick up some of the same criticism that the singles have got that it does feel like Robyn on autopilot a TAD. But that’s all… first listen feelings where you’re figuring out how you feel rather than enjoying an album for what it is, and what lies beneath is a SOLID album and I agree with Blacksquare that Into The Sun is the gem. Superb closer and sums up what Robyn does best.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
I'm stressed that I no longer just have to painfully wait for New Religion to try and scrape top 40, I've got my other favourite song of the moment - Leak It - threatening to do the same.
-
The One That Got Away
Re-enters Spotify UK today at a new peak of #177 and up 51 places on Global Spotify! timeless classic ❤️
-
Have you ever heard BJSC entries in unexpected places?
I was in a bar being run by a lovely lesbian on Monday so I got to hear Muna and Sarah Kinsley back to back, which was a bit of a *.* moment after last year. But I also heard Don’t Sweat It by Daisy Grenade and Gold Star Baby by The Aces - two fab entries to hear our in the wild ❤️
-
DaTilt Top 75 26th of March 2026
Love the LUNA appreciation - can absolutely get down with you on that one ❤️ Happy to see a nice high debut for Leak It too!
-
BJSC 183 // Odds and Predictions
Nelly only predicting 9 songs to qualify, it’s gonna be a cut throat contest
-
BJSC 183 // Odds and Predictions
Doing odds for a full house, pre listen through, is a BOLD move. I rate that. 750/1
-
LUNA - Heavenly
Loooove Luna ❤️ She’s shaping up to be such an exciting artist considering I didn’t love her Eurovision entry. Heavenly is really great - I saw comments on TikTok which made it out to be some kind of Chappell rip-off but I don’t hear that much at all and kinda loving her style of mystical nymph twinkly pop. Away With The Fairies was an amazing discovery for me and now I’m on board for every release.
-
The Pop Factor: Season 2 • THE FINAL RESULTS
I truly just wanna see the best of the best ~fight to the death. I think the format already makes things unpredictable because no artist (apart from ABBA 😂) has endless classics so when do you take a risk/is this enough to scrape through etc, creates a constant sense of jeopardy.
-
Hendinia National Thread
🤩 183 🤩 BABY JANE ‘STARRY EYED’ After securing Hendinia’s first medal position since November 2024, we’re staying in our electronic dream-like state but moving the lever from heavenly and ethereal to something a little bit darker and mysterious. Baby Jane has notched up two top 20s in her BJSC career so far, much like Memphis LK had before BJSC 182 - will we be seeing stars in this contest too? Final position: 10th
-
FLO - Leak It
I think it’s starting off with promise. I think in the current climate we’re in, Zara is perfect proof that if something resonates, it will have an impact, it just might take some time. This has got people talking about FLO, sharing their song on socials and the reception seems overwhelmingly positive. That doesn’t count for nothing even if it isn’t a huge hit. But I think the fact it’s building throughout the first week and the YouTube views keep growing that this could do really well.
-
The Pop Factor: Season 2 • Live Show One
That choice feels RISKY for Rosalia but I respect wanting to break out of the MOTOMAMI/Lux only choices. Some really good songs here though, in an understandably “these aren’t any of these artists best songs but very solid” kinda way, after the chaos of sending a lot of these artists best songs in the knockout round.
-
The Pop Factor: Season 2 • THE FINAL RESULTS
I can’t remember what my votes were now. I thiiiink 05 Kesha 03 Blondie 01 George Michael Maybe? Quite chuffed to see Eric at least got SOME votes so won’t have been dead last. Though I know many of you wouldn’t have looked my way, I can say you will one day ❤️
-
The Pop Factor: Season 2 • THE FINAL RESULTS
I loooove people playing sleuth. I feel like I’m not switched on enough to really do it myself but I smirked as soon as Rich guessed who I was and every time someone got it wrong even though I was actively replying to threads with Eric Saade song titles and lyrics 😂
-
BJSC 183 // Semi Finals
Intrigued to see what this contest brings - I did indeed end up sticking with what was my 4th in line to pick for BJSC 182 which does worry my control freak of a brain a little bit because I’m usually attracted to shiny new toys but it’s a song that has stuck with me since hearing it in January so that speaks to its staying power and early hype from Jade and Brer is… unusual but re-assuring 😂 I’ve heard of 10 songs coming into this which is pretty decent. Yet another song I toyed heavily with sending - Freaky - shows here. Was probably 3rd choice for 181, after Dance The Pain Away so I’m sure it’ll be shown to me once again that I made the wrong choice position-wise with Anemos. Of the others I’ve heard, I think Ojnoj and Mothertopia should do pretty well. And I’ve had Emilia songs in my back pocket for the past year too so I’m intrigued to see how she’ll do for Baleghde, that particularly choice is a good one too.
-
The Pop Factor: Season 2 • THE FINAL RESULTS
the Pav & Jade reveals were shocks! And I’m honestly so gagged that Conan Grey beat out Call Me and Careless Whisper, I could never have called that.
-
The Pop Factor: Season 2 • THE FINAL RESULTS
It goes without saying that Eric Saade would not have been my first option but I was 39th out of 39 to pick and I didn’t want to miss out for a second year 😂 All that being said, I had fun! I’m naturally competitive so it was a different angle knowing I absolutely had 0% chance of winning but trying to strategise how I could keep sneaking by. And I was very close to the knock out phase so not a bad job!
-
The Pop Factor: Season 2 • THE FINAL RESULTS
Can’t BELIEVE Ace Of Base was Addy!
-
BJSC 183 // Confirmations
I support this motion x
-
Create a BJSC compilation/playlist for your country
All I searched for was Armenian Girl so I SHALL be purchasing.
-
BJSC 183 // Confirmations
Sorry about the delay guys! You’ll definitely be getting semis tonight. The mods have been more divided than usual on things so it’s probably held things up a bit! Boo to the lack of AQ, but I can’t really grumble considering I actually finished 3rd 😂
-
RPDR | UK vs. the World | Season 3
I don’t actually think Tia was ever in the bottom? That’s what I based it off rather than my own opinions. I know some would have her bottom in the Rusical challenge that she was actually top 2 in.
-
RPDR | UK vs. the World | Season 3
Oop! Think that’s cos I couldn’t believe I’d carried Mayhem so far initially but I don’t think it’s far fetched to think she could’ve done not much worse than Mariah had she survived Episode 1.
-
FLO - Leak It
That aside, had this playing in the sun as I stride to work and I swear it has me walking at twice the pace. And I’ve already sent the DJ I work with my Leak It/Sports Car mix so that he knows he has to play it so you’re welcome Jack xx