Jump to content

RobBot

Moderator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RobBot

  1. You guessed it x
  2. RobBot posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    New Religion bobbing about, threatening the top 40 but not quite enough, is gonna stress me out for weeks to come. I can feel it.
  3. I think competition is meant to be a bit brutal and I think that’s where the fun of this particular competition comes for me. So I don’t think you could call anything “unfair” so to speak, except for perhaps getting a really tough randomized draw. I actually kinda love the seeded idea for next year? Whoever comes 1st with cumulative points across all the previous rounds vs whoever comes 24th cumulatively, all the way up to 12th vs 13th. Ultimately, it’s still only up to one song so there’d still probably be plenty of upsets and it would still feel brutal. Not to mention, it would make people feel uneasy about playing it too safe in the initial rounds, just happy to scrape by etc. That’s only a suggestion for going forward though and definitely not a slight at this ongoing competition, because I think it’s being run with constant fun at the forefront.
  4. I think this next round could be killer because, yes, on paper, those like Lily are the biggest artists. But I imagine a lot of the earlier exits will just shoot their biggest hitter out now to get back in. I’m talking Toni Braxton, Ace Of Base, Shawn Mendes etc.
  5. I’d have expected no competition for PCD before the song came out (and it is growing!) but I’ve gotta give it to Kacey ❤️
  6. I’ll say A purely because there’s so many competitors in the wildcard round, that it feels like more exciting stakes for what is now the majority of the people taking part. And I think double eliminations will help keep the pace going well anyway, in what is already a long competition so it increases the jeopardy and fun each time.
  7. Berghain was never playlisted?! She seems like Radio 1 catnip but I guess they are kinda xenophobic a lot of the time so maybe not x Who’d have ever thought when it came out in June that Midnight Sun, a song by fading out Zara Larsson, would be the longest runner on Radio 1? Iconic behaviour.
  8. Not arenas, she was at O2 Victoria Warehouse in Manchester, which fits like 3k?
  9. I've confirmed my placeholder but I'd be surprised if I didn't waver elsewhere in the next week ~ And the above actually isn't me - I know what you're thinking x
  10. Saw her last night in Manchester and however much I casually enjoyed her before, I looooove her now. I've rarely ever seen an artist with such command over a crowd with just... being herself. She's insanely charismatic, as are her whole band, and I can't think of anyone like her right now. Wonderfully unique with a superb point of view on her artistry, knows exactly what she wants to convey and what a show of hers should feel like and I think everyone left with a smile on their face feeling like they were a part of something fun.
  11. no clear winner for me this week but I think Dog has stuck with me the most so Team Cobrah x
  12. I’ve gone from having a lot of options to feeling a bit unsure about any this time around. I could send what would’ve been like 4th or 5th choice for last contest but I think I’m more likely to be keeping an eager eye on tomorrows NMF 👀
  13. RobBot posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    The concept of a Bebe Rexha song debuting even top 100 in its first week in 2026 is an achievement to be quite honest, but I echo the hope that it’ll keep growing in weeks to come.
  14. Yeah I’d have given to Fontana too but I’ve really wound up loving Mariah this series and I’m happy for an early season girl getting her flowers so far down the line. I can’t actually see anyone other than Gawdland winning. I think they may well have given it to Kate any other year but the optics of a UK girl winning every single time is awful for the show and wouldn’t do much to tempting international talent on for future series either.
  15. I know and love Overdrive already, it’s by faaaar my favourite Conan song. Hope he can find some way to beat out that Scissor Sisters song which is good but nowhere near one of their best to me.
  16. Indeed, this is SUCH a bloodbath, it’s insane. I imagine my entry will be popular but whether that’s enough is another matter. Either way, some of the artists we’re gonna lose are really gonna sting. What do you mean we’re probably losing Kesha before the final 12?!
  17. I still find her unnerving and her lack of facial expression to absolutely anything quite bizarre but I am starting to lean into the camp of it. I actually cackled out loud at RuPaul giving her a thumbs up on the runway.
  18. I didn’t love Deeper Well as much as I wanted to but Golden Hour will always be an all time favourite so I’m forever in her pocket for any album going forward as a result.
  19. Custard and mustard gives me the same shiver x
  20. Jeeeez, that is CLOSE for FKA Twigs!
  21. Excited for people’s identities to be revealed for the eliminated contestants but in the mean time, I’ve absolutely definitely just confirmed a banger for this round. So ready for everyone to hear it!
  22. I don’t think any of the 3 that went tonight could’ve sent anything to survive the 24 to 12 cull anyway but think they all did went to make it this far! Would’ve liked to see Eric go further based on my own tastes, but I can’t imagine there was much to play with going forward. Excited to see what more Ruel has, as probably the most unknown act left.
  23. This was noooot a stellar week for David Bowie or Nik Kershaw for me but hey, I guess I’m not the audience for deathbed morbidity.
  24. Aww sad for LiSA, but congrats to whoever sent her for carrying her this far. I wish I liked the songs more because I love to root for an underdog but still feels like a big achievement to have got to the fifth round of songs regardless.
  25. Ooh, I thought Twigs could’ve potentially been in trouble. Don’t think there’s muuuch doubt over who’s going here then. Didn’t like this particular song but there’s still plenty of gems to come from her for suuure.