Everything posted by RobBot
-
BJSC 182: Confirmations
it was worth the risk Cameron! š„³
-
BJSC 182: Confirmations
It should probably have 7 for moderate internet exposure on this website for its thread/Pop Track Of The Week exposure and I imagine itāll enter the Multichart, probably this week, so thatās just a matter of timing. Regardless, Iād have voted to veto it, itās just that sometimes the points donāt match up to online presence.
-
Pop Track of the Week 2026: Week 7
Kinda disappointed with new METTE but pleasantly surprised to see her with so many votes anyway. Nothing this week is a OH IT HAS TO BE THIS moment but Bebe is still definitely my favourite. Love her in her dance bag. Could happily have never heard that pointless Rise Up cover a day in my life x
-
hemlocke springs - the apple tree under the sea
Definitely going to be giving this album a listen on my train journey home this evening off the back of ābe the girl!ā - superb song and a rare example of a song actually being better FOR its length for me š I enjoyed āw-w-w-w-wā too so Iām excited to get fully on board with her.
-
Erin LeCount - PAREIDOLIA
It was only from me starting this thread that Iāve seen she was on THE VOICE KIDS in Series 1? Iconic š
-
Erin LeCount - PAREIDOLIA
808 HYMN MACHINE GHOST I BELIEVE DONāT YOU SEE ME TRYING? Her EP with all four of these songs comes out on February 27th and named Radio 1ās Future Artist of the Month, I feel weāre only going to be hearing more from Erin LeCount this year and her excitingly gritty, moody yet hopeful dark pop. For fans of: Griff, Florence & The Machine, Holly Humberstone
-
United Kingdom Ā· Eurovision Song Contest 2026
This year also has the additional notion that anyone with a fan base would surely just be making themselves a lamb to the slaughter, given many are boycotting this year due to Israelās participation.
-
The Pop Factor: Season 2 ⢠Boot Camp: Part One (Groups)
Happy to see some Gaslighter-era Chicks here ā¤ļø
-
The Pop Factor: Season 2 ⢠Boot Camp: Part One (Solo Male)
Some personal highlights for Troye, Conan and Eric here - this is really high quality considering the boys category was considerably the weakest last time imo.
-
The BRIT Awards 2026
I feel like established artists have a bit more room to play with for this. I think Coldplay opened the BRITs a few years ago with Higher Power which was either pre-release or in the week of release. I can well imagine Harry Styles may have the same grace and perform a new track, if he wishes. But I tend to find that newer artists and artists who are nominated heavily for their input in the previous year are pushed to perform the songs that theyāre nominated for. For Olivia, sheās had a few hits to be fair, so her doing So Easy (To Fall In Love) isnāt a ridiculous shout as itās a huge hit of its own but I also expect sheāll be advised to do her biggest breakthrough hit in some form, maybe as a medley. The same for Alex Warren - I imagine theyāll want him to perform a representation of 2025, which is the biggest selling song of that year.
-
The Pop Factor: Season 2 ⢠THE FINAL RESULTS
Letās just put this whole thing to bed and advance the bottom 3 from all the categories through instead.
-
United Kingdom Ā· Eurovision Song Contest 2026
A nice out of the blue announcement and perhaps a bit more risky than the last few years⦠hopefully⦠maybe š
-
The Pop Factor: Season 2 ⢠THE FINAL RESULTS
Itās a tough one for Calum because I assume there was no contingency plan for someone to just pull out after 2 rounds, so itās hard to create a scenario in which the first two rounds donāt feel pointless for the females. So I fully get why the top 3 decision was made. I would agree it kinda means they get to save a song though which works in their favour and itās not really the fault of anyone in the make or groups categories that this happened, so itās a disadvantage to them. Personally wouldnāt mind if all 3 categories retrospectively got to miss Round 1. Definitely does not change my own fate ššš But whatever happens, it is just a silly game in the pop forum and Calum is doing a fantastic job at making it unpredictable and not just following Season 1 to keep us guessing already and I love it ā¤ļø
-
The Pop Factor: Season 2 ⢠THE FINAL RESULTS
Glad to have made it through the first round! Excited for Round 1 of Boot Camp... if my suspicions are suspicioning correctly though, Round 2 may be quite a struggle š
-
BJSC 182: Confirmations
I'd have sent Blusher about 4 times now if I could. They're in that annoying spot where they're too cheap for BJSC but deserve to be so much more well known and appreciated than they are. Saw them live last year and they were incred ā¤ļø
-
The Pop Factor: Season 2 ⢠THE FINAL RESULTS
I still see every way in which ABBA win this - I think they played this pretty cleverly, but evidently almost TOO risky. But all you have to do is come 11th, there's no advantage to coming 1st (apart from the girls, it turns out) just yet when they've got an endless stream of classics to come.
-
BJSC 182: Confirmations
I don't think the Capital playlisting being an auto veto is new, they just don't usually stray from the most basic of hits, so Hypnotize being playlisted feels kind of rogue but I'd almost definitely have plumped for it if I thought it stood any chance at all.
-
The Pop Factor: Season 2 ⢠THE FINAL RESULTS
if it's not too late, but dw if it is cos of the graphics ofc xx Scissor Sisters - Take Your Mama Blondie - Hanging On the Telephone Ace of Base - Beautiful Life Atomic Kitten - If You Come to Me Florence + the Machine - Queen of Peace The Chicks - Not Ready to Make Nice The Corrs - I Never Loved You Anyway Girlicious - Over You The 1975 - Love Me ABBA - Hole in Your Soul HAIM - I Know Alone Erasure - So the Story Goes
-
The BRIT Awards 2026
I mean I donāt disagree that the song is boring and I donāt want it to get a reset but you guys do sometimes forget that the BRITS are a celebration of the year that has just passed and not a āwhat can we boost up the charts?ā exercise. Factually, by some way, Ordinary was the biggest song in the UK last year. I expect Olivia Dean will do Man I Need in some form for the same reason.
-
The Pop Factor: Season 2 ⢠The Solo Male Orbit Auditions
01 Shawn Mendes - Lost in Japan (Zedd Remix) 02 Conan Gray - Killing Me 03 Eric Saade - Every Minute 04 Troye Sivan - Strawberries & Cigarettes 05 The Weeknd - A Lesser Man 06 Guitarricadelafuente & Troye Sivan - midsummer pipe dream 07 Markus Riva - Forever 08 George Michael - Freeek! 09 Nik Kershaw - Gone to Pieces 10 David Bowie - Young Americans 11 Ruel - Not Whatās Going On 12 Fred again.. - Berwyn (all that i got is you)
-
The Pop Factor: Season 2 ⢠The Solo Female Orbit Auditions
Kesha - Blow Chappell Roan - Super Graphic Ultra Modern Girl Toni Braxton - Youāre Makinā Me High ROSALĆA - DIABLO Kelly Clarkson - Gone LiSA - Gurenge (ē“ č®čÆ) Delta Goodrem - Sitting On Top of the World FKA twigs - Glass & Patron Lily Allen - Whoād Have Known Michelle Branch - You Set Me Free Nadia Oh - Taking Over the Dancefloor Nelly Furtado & TiĆ«sto - Who Wants to Be Alone
-
The BRIT Awards 2026
I think itās just Golden by the looks of it. Being pre-recorded on the Monday evening on top of the arena in Manchester so it wouldnāt surprise me if they opened the show. Iāve applied for tickets but it supposedly starts at 5pm so Iāll be at work, boo x
-
RPDR | US | Season 18
An elimination as surprising as Vita coming 10th is why I donāt read spoilers because I could never have called that. She did really begin to struggle and it became apparent that 2 design challenges in the opening 4 weeks flattered her overall skill set and made her feel more competitive but I still wouldnāt have expected Kenya and Discord to outlast her. I want Nini to come back to the forefront, sheās still the most exciting one of them for me even though sheās been safe for about 100 weeks but she seems to fallen into the shadows amidst all of the Dion business.
-
Denmark (DMGP) Ā· Eurovision Song Contest 2026
Decent winner and feels quite brave for a nation as safe as Denmark - first time in Danish since they failed to qualify in 2021! Was definitely rooting for Ericka myself but I agree with you that the performance wasnāt quite there as much as Iād have hoped for such a song. Actually surprised Sissal only ended up 3rd given what a runaway favourite she was. I have ended up really enjoying Infinity in a Ella Henderson feature kinda way.
-
The Pop Factor: Season 2 ⢠The Solo Female Orbit Auditions
I wonder who Iz's artist might be x