Everything posted by AllStarBySmashMouth
-
Chart rewind to this week in... 2003
They were all tunes at that time (and some, for their time). Guetta at his prime years 2009-2012 IMO. 'Club Can't Handle Me' is one of his highlights! Always had a liking for 'Missing You' even if it wasn't exactly The Saturdays' best received track. 'Beautiful Monster' deserves some more recognition. Still boppin'. 'All Time Low'... the beginning of one of my all time high boy groups in the 21st century, The Wanted!
-
The Life of a Showgirl - 12th Album
My only hope is that it's not as dreary or boring as TTPD.
-
Ninajirachi - I Love My Computer
I kinda wish I knew of her before the non-male producer edition of Club Bizarre earlier this year, I would've considered sending one of her songs. (Hint hint )
-
sombr - I Barely Know Her
Just under two weeks from now, uh. No complaints. His songs have been pretty cool.
-
My Chemical Romance
The Black Parade to continue on two dates in Wembley Stadium next year, 3 months before 20 years of the album. ...Yep. Only two dates (so far) and in one venue. Wonderful, innit.
-
Calvin Harris - 96 Months
I almost thought 'Blessings' has been added to the compilation in streaming. 🤣
-
Little experiment on Amazon/Alexa
Never was a fan of Alexa's algorithm at all. Something about it always seems off. LOL (Also not mentioning ROSÉ in 'APT.' is like not mentioning Mark Ronson in 'Uptown Funk'. My pet peeves are being slightly tested. 🫣)
-
Disclosure & Anderson .Paak - NO CAP
Back again to the house this year.
-
Japanese Music (J-Pop, J-Metal, J-Hip Hop, Anisong, etc.)
Didn't realise there has been new Haruhi Suzumiya-related music. I still remember watching the show including the movie years ago. I can't recall much of the series now but it was definitely funny (and annoying) at times.
-
What's been your dance song of the summer this year?
MK 'Dior' or Peggy Gou 'D.A.N.C.E'
-
Option to search content titles and appear only once?
I know there's an option/filter where you can pick 'content titles only' but I would like the content title to appear once and ignore the second most recent replies, etc. on the search results. e.g. I search "Hayley" then I get multiple results on 'Hayley Williams - EGO' at the top (sorted by date).
-
Hayley Williams - Ego Death At A Bachelorette Party
I like 'Mirtazapine' better than 'Glum'. Really liking the Garbage-ish vibes on it. Also, all songs on streaming separately now as singles. 10/10 for marketing.
-
Nintendo Directs
Partner Showcase today! More footage of Hyrule Warriors: Age Of Calamity. Persona 3 Reload to be released on Switch 2. Elliot and Octopath Traveller 0 announced for Switch 2.
-
HUNTR/X - Golden
HUNTR/X (singing vocals by EJAE, AUDREY NUNA and REI AMI) is a fictional group from the movie KPop Demon Hunters. Considering the song is making it to the UK Top 3, it warrants its own thread now as part of the forum home page. Also, I like the Guetta remix better!
-
On This Day...
July 26 marks 20 years since the release of Paramore's debut album All We Know Is Falling. The deluxe edition was released to commemorate the album reaching 20 years. The first single 'Pressure' was, for some, the introduction of the young vocalist Hayley Williams. All We Know Is Falling had a humble release start and had nothing in commercial accolades to bring home, but its presence would snowball henceforth especially during the release of the breakthrough second album Riot!. To add my personal output on this: 'Pressure' was my first Paramore song. It was around 2006 or maybe 2007 I first heard of it and has stuck with me then as a 'classic' in their whole discography.
-
Your... Mount Rushmore albums of 00's and 10's
Let's see. I feel I might've forgotten an album or two. 2000's: Linkin Park - Meteora The Used - The Used Cradle Of Filth - Nymphetamine Slipknot - Iowa 2010's: alt-J - This Is All Yours Lady Gaga - Born This Way Take That - Progress(ed) MARINA - Electra Heart I can't help that my 2000's is band stuff.
-
Alex Warren - You'll Be Alright, Kid
#1 It's a good family-friendly album. Something I can put on the background and not worry about the lyrical content at all. I want something like this every now and then.
-
Ozzy Osbourne
Over two weeks after the Back To The Beginning show back in 5th July, marking the final Black Sabbath concert, the frontman Ozzy Osbourne has sadly departed. Black Sabbath undoubtedly was influential in rock music, one of the pioneers for what we know now as heavy metal. He will not be forgotten among generations of rock and metal fans.
-
MGMT - Oracular Spectacular
Yeah, I remember it as the album where the 2nd half isn't as memorable. But that was years ago. Maybe I think differently about it now. (Haven't relistened yet.)
-
The Pop Factor: Season 1 • THE FINAL RESULTS
I am considering looking for multiple options of acts (main and backup) to send depending on the theme if it's open again or maybe a specific decade only, etc..
-
The Pop Factor: Season 1 • THE FINAL RESULTS
The opposite of my prediction! Christina behind at 3rd by a small margin. 😅
-
The Pop Factor: Season 1 • THE FINAL RESULTS
Thank you too for hosting this. It is a grand game!
-
The Pop Factor: Season 1 • THE FINAL RESULTS
Congrats to Avril! Well done to PSB!
-
The Pop Factor: Season 1 • THE FINAL RESULTS
I'm betting on Christina winning by a small lead. (And I personally want Avril to win.)
-
The Pop Factor: Season 1 • THE FINAL RESULTS
Battleground was too crazy! Even without the "luck" involved, halving the number was insane!