Everything posted by Bror
-
The Inbetweeners 3
Basically this - I fully expect this to be awful but I'm excited for it nonetheless. (I just recently finished binging through the TV series for probably about the 10th time so I feel like I summoned this into existence, not that it hasn't been more or less known that it was coming for a while already but yay for finally an actual confirmation x)
-
PFSC XIX: Art Pop - The Weird and Wonderful - Results
Me to not be bottom 5 please xo
-
PFSC XIX: Art Pop - The Weird and Wonderful - Voting DEADLINE TONIGHT 23:59
Are we looking good for results for this to be today? (Just trying to avoid clashing with a BJSC listenthrough x)
-
PFSC XIX: Art Pop - The Weird and Wonderful - Voting DEADLINE TONIGHT 23:59
Voted
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
Not sure what to do with the listenthroughs for this - I see Chez is planning to hopefully do PFSC results tomorrow, do we mind clashing with that or should I leave it to another day? (I would be able to do Tuesday instead this week, and can definitely do one of the listenthroughs on Wednesday as usual regardless).
-
Top 100 Singles + Albums; W/E 10/09/26
I highly doubt it's listed that way intentionally, they presumably store the "position" of starred-out songs as '-1' internally and then when they switched to displaying previous week positions outside the top 100 in other charts across the site it had the consequence of also displaying songs coming off being starred out as having a LW position of -1. Just can't believe they haven't fixed it still after so many weeks.
-
Friday Chart Predictions
I think people severely underestimate the logistics involved in releasing CDs - I don't think it's something labels can just do on a whim unless they were already planning a CD release anyway. Hoping SIENNA can rise to #1 this week. Failing that Ella staying there would be good too and I wouldn't mind too much if HUGEL got there (I don't think he will though, he always fades over the week). Just please anything other than 'Boston' x
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
I mean, same vice versa x It will be tomorrow! SOYEON is apparently just too avant garde to bother releasing singles on streaming platforms before her album release x
-
Top 100 Singles + Albums; W/E 10/09/26
'Roman Holiday' does have 92 million Spotify streams so it's not exactly unpopular ('I Love You' has 193 million, 'Starburster' 177 million). But it is an odd one that it's charting. I assume it must be on SCR but why? It's far too low to have been noticed for an automatic reset and I can't see why the label would go out of their way to get that reset but not 'I Love You', so is the OCC database treating it as being less than 3 years old for some reason? (unless it's somehow racking up big numbers on Amazon or something)
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
Persephonia winning this month, you read it here first (and by winning I mean hopefully not DNQing a 4th time in a row x)
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
What has AMARA done to get on so many people's radars in the years since she had an unassuming DNQ (following a deduction) for Daehun x Daehun being back for the first time since that entry this month coincidentally!
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
Semi-Final 1 YouTube playlist Semi-Final 2 YouTube playlist Aside: my song does have an official music video but I decided to use the lyric video instead as the video has a lot of pointless dialogue in it (and some kind of gross imagery). The lyric video is a cute medium effort one. Also, brownie points to the first person to spot this month's Nicole Scherzinger/Eden's Crush moment (i.e. an act harbouring a member who would become a lot more well-known for their later work with a different group and as a solo artist). x
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
I mean it is quite different to the song you sent last month. Olivia and Chappell contain multitudes x
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
Anyhoo my entry this month is brought to you all courtesy of Megan from KATSEYE injuring her foot! Ok as much as I'd love to just leave that there without explaining the context, in all seriousness Devon Again was the replacement act for KATSEYE when they had to pull out at the last minute from Olivia Rodrigo's Daisy Chain Fields festival hehe. Saw her being hyped up as a general upgrade in Reddit comments and decided to check out a few of her songs, her more recent releases are some kind of middling country pop but this song from the tail end of last year (which is her most streamed song) is a great bit of Olivia/Chappell-esque euphoric sapphic alt-pop. She seems to have gone under the radar on BuzzJack despite her connection to Olivia (and also to Chappell, as she is Chappell's only labelmate on Dan Nigro's Amusement Records label, although this song predates that) so I am hoping this might be a hidden-ish (10 million streams on Spotify lol) gem that some of the pop hoes might make a good discovery from x Stalking last.fm I've seen that a few BuzzJackers have streamed songs by her before although only saw Jim who'd streamed this particular song. I think there are only three songs I've heard already, a couple from PJSC that I don't remember (although I apparently thought the Elley Duhé song was decent) & Neliönoir's from Jade's personal chart which is a tune x (I did skim listen to a couple of the other songs during the confirmation period as well for research purposes but I won't count those - very much intrigued to hear this Lankum version of 'Ghost Town' in full though, because yes it is that 'Ghost Town', seemed divergent enough from the original to not really be a veto threat though). Have been aware of hype around Angine De Poitrine for a while and they sound interesting and up my street but not actually got around to listening to them, a little surprised it's taken so long for them to pop up in a song contest! A good handful of others dotted around that I am excited for based on other songs I've heard from the artists as well. Quite surprising that this is the first time DJ Shadow has appeared in BJSC as a named artist as well, though he was entered as part of UNKLE a couple of times.
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
It actually was (kind of) triple confirmed as it was going to be Rob's entry as well although he was late to confirming so didn't technically submit it. I thought when I saw it it was a rare somewhat inspired Cor Lupus entry but apparently not since it seems everyone from the usual hivemind (and a couple of others) also wanted it. Cody lucky that neither you or Rich did actually try it x inb4 it's somehow going to be a guaranteed DNQ anyway
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
Worked out well for you the actual first time x
-
Jade's top 10 songs of each decade: 1960s - 2020s (so far!)
Have just listened through your 60s picks - most of them I knew well enough anyway but for shame I'm not sure I've actually ever heard any song by The Velvet Underground before (unless they've been played at SyncTube sessions but none of their song titles really ring a bell), absolutely loved 'Venus In Furs' on first listen though so thanks for finally dragging me to check out at least one song from them in the big 2026 x The psychedelic 60s sound in general feels really timeless and a lot of these songs sound like they could come out and still feel fresh and get critical acclaim even now in a way that I'm not sure will be true for songs from the next couple of decades (although I'm sure you'll pick some good stuff so we'll see). Could easily imagine 'Venus In Furs' being on a Lankum album for example. I'd probably go with 'I Get Around' as my favourite song from The Beach Boys but 'God Only Knows' a close second (and who could forget it providing Lorde with a top 20 appearance via her ~7 words on the BBC Music/Various Artists charity version of it xo). Agreed on 'Paint It, Black' being The Rolling Stones' best though! That along with several others on there has a real grandiose and kind of ominous vibe to it. I think I've always loved 'Stand By Me' (wild that it charted so low originally, I wonder if it would have faded into obscurity if it wasn't revived decades later) but 'California Dreamin'' is also one for me that I think I always kind of liked but have definitely grown to appreciate more over time, excellent use of background vocals/harmonies. Definitely a surprise to see The Beatles both not being #1 here and having a song other than 'Here Comes The Sun' - although knowing the rest of your taste 'Tomorrow Never Knows' being your favourite does actually make more sense really! I remember being amazed at how ahead of its time that sounded the first time I heard it (possibly because it's so similar to the much more contemporary 'Setting Sun' but still). In all honesty 'Be My Baby' is probably my least favourite of these 10 songs but not to say I don't like it (obviously much love for the wall of sound production style), it just doesn't stand out as a song I might consider myself if I were to ever attempt to make a list like this, it's more like a pretty good radio / background noise song compared to everything else on there which I feel command more attention. 'Sleigh Ride' is one of my all time favourite Christmas songs though x Shocked that 'Telstar' didn't make your top 10!
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 04/09/26
It's pretty much on par with where her last lead single debuted. She's not exactly a consistent big hitmaker (at least straight out of the gate) in the streaming era, 'Flowers' is the exception not the rule. I'm convinced the universe keeps conspiring to punish people for predicting songs are going to debut at #1 when no one has even heard them yet x
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ Confirmations ⬜⬛
FYI any attempt to recycle any former winner is going to raise eyebrows (for me at least). But if it's an artist who won a while ago who doesn't really have a following on BuzzJack and whose song hasn't really been noticed then you might get away with it, as has happened with another entry this month. x
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ Confirmations ⬜⬛
No x
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ Confirmations ⬜⬛
Allie X, Margaret Berger, Sheelah and TR/ST have all won twice. (There may still be a chance for there to be a repeat winner this month as well 👀)
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ Confirmations ⬜⬛
Recycling a winner from less than a year ago pretty much is going to be a veto 99.9% of the time though. Personal charts are listed in the write-ups for context, they're not often a direct factor in songs being vetoed.
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 4th September 2026
Maybe it would have been better for me not to remind everyone of this one existing but there was Lil Peep and XXXTENTACION - Falling Down in 2018.
-
Alphabet Quiz | 2026 Quiz Season | Week 1 - RESULTS
I've neglected entering the quizzes the last few years oops but will try and get back to them this year - I have had a look over this one and it's a very interesting concept, I got a few of them straight away but others I have no clue about at all. x
-
Top 100 Singles + Albums; W/E 10/09/26
Well happy to see Fontaines D.C. getting another new top 100 hit I guess but how is it 'Roman Holiday' rather than 'I Love You'?