Jump to content

Bror

Moderator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bror

  1. A mission doomed to failure might I add x
  2. I found another pop song that I think would be even more incomprehensible for me to send than my last entry. Should I do it xox
  3. It's not slander if it's the truth x
  4. I am seeing far too much Gary Numan slander x
  5. I'm not aware of any plan x
  6. If that someone is uhsting that's about 25% of all entries x
  7. 1 Jessie Ware 2 Adele 3 Leona Lewis 4 Agnes 5 Kate Bush 6 Milica Pavlović 7 Sophie Ellis-Bextor 8 Dido 9 Robyn 10 Zara Larsson 11 MARINA The top 2 are miles ahead of everything else but that Leona song was a pretty good discovery (if maybe a bit of its era). I didn't remember the Dido song at all from Bop Idol ngl but I see I gave it 5 points at the time - it wasn't sounding anything particularly special listening to it again now oops x
  8. For a week or two at least x
  9. The last one was 3 years ago, we alternated Halloween and Christmas spinoffs for a while but didn't do either last year.
  10. Hopefully we won't have to worry about that for much longer x
  11. HALLOWEENHub
  12. Well 'Patient Zero' will be comfortably the best Taylor Swift #1 of the year at least, not that that's a high bar to clear. Not amazing but better than most of the original album imo (I do think it has a pretty strong chorus, not so sold on the rest of it, especially the talk-singing part x)
  13. 1 Gary Numan 2 Calvin Harris (sans Sam Smith) 3 Sam Smith 4 Damien Rice 5 Roosevelt 6 Mackenzy Mackay 7 Lewis Capaldi 8 Darin 9 Sam Fender 10 Tom Grennan 11 HRVY
  14. I was just listening to 'Duvet' the other day (it was previously sent to The Best Song Contest In The World... Ever! on here, was shuffling a playlist I made of songs I've voted for in that), I was vaguely aware it was a somewhat popular song but still how random to see it popping up in the chart. Also vaguely thought they were Japanese but it's just that it was an anime theme.
  15. Scenes when we already have randomly selected songs on round 2 x
  16. Shoegaze obvz x
  17. My scoreboard all matches with yours btw Iz so looks like you caught the only hiccup already! (I am going to leave it to tomorrow to comment any more as I think I need to sleep off the smidgeon of bitterness of the what could have been don't want to spoil your moment blacksquare <3 (and I do hope you host again!! the spreadsheets are calling your name 😮)) neat @ winning the semi though *.* both that and coming top 3 in the final are my first since Nur Jaber/Luca Eck in BJSC 150 x
  18. Well that was fun, back to the doldrums I go, see you again in 2031 top end of the scoreboard <3 Will have more to say a bit later / maybe tomorrow as ever but well done blacksquare, that's a perfectly agreeable winner, did not quite make my final votes (one of my commiserations winning, how 2025) but I did give it 3 points in the semi. I will try not to feel certain types of ways about a) another country leaving me behind in the 2-win club after debuting long after my second win and b) all three of the Neliönoir winners being recycles of relatively recent top 10 artists. (at least it's not the lead artist this time ofc but Tourist officially joins the unofficial shadowban list now x). I look forward to stressing over whether I get an AQ or not next month, not that I have an entry in mind either way yet x (a part of me had been mentally preparing to maybe have a chance to whip out the countryballs again but realistically if I ever get the chance to host again it's very likely to be a lot lower effort than the previous couple of times... that's back in the hypothetical box though anyway x) ((well... if blacksquare passes on hosting as previously threatened and we go on a goose chase for a host... 👀))
  19. And thank you Cow for the last few points! Can I have held onto a cheeky silver to go for a 50/50 AQ 👀
  20. Ok I think the tension died now, well done Nelly xx (but thank you Harve!)
  21. Thank you Jim! (I will resist the temptation to peep at the result before you post it x)
  22. Lex! You have always been my bestie <3 (thank you Rob as well!!)
  23. Thank you !!! Unless the curation order was chosen specifically to put higher points for me near the end it's so far not going the best for my chances of holding onto that pre-freeze lead x (getting medals from Mothertopia & Séyetana but snubs from Ajanaeda & Aelandor, why did the hiveminds break xx)
  24. I will belatedly type my usual commentary soon, I totally forgot last night and didn't have time to do it after work today x ('Blitzkrieg' was a way off my votes from my first couple of listens but it clicked with me way more after listening to it twice more on the last day - will I grow to rue those 6 points ) ((Trifoski and Herbilore also had late surges from my semi 2 & final relisten, they had been initially provisionally sitting on 9 and 2 points respectively))