Everything posted by Bror
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Final Results ⬜⬛
Nevermind, it's joever x (Cheiron was one of the countries I thought I could imagine sending my sang when I found it oops!)
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • The Arena Auditions Results
Tove will have good options for the Wagner (although probably so will some of the other soon to be eliminated women tbf).
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Final Results ⬜⬛
me getting high points from Harmonica has often been a good sign before, maybe we're so back x (thanks Jordan <3)
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Final Results ⬜⬛
We stan this latest random Ramrynia comeback coinciding with the Popsephonia month thanks Ryan x (my first points from you since BJSC 85!)
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • The Arena Auditions Results
Well that gives a certain one of the groups a pretty big advantage.
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Final Results ⬜⬛
Joever
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Final Results ⬜⬛
Ready to be brought back down to Earth but a top 10 would be nice x
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • The Arena Auditions Results
Milica coming to be a fave slayer
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • The Arena Auditions Results
No matter how many times it is rebranded it will forever be the Golden Wagner to me x
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • The Arena Auditions Results
If people didn't see my post... the Bladee song was not even really a Bladee song (the large majority of the vocals were Cartier'GOD). I hope if we get a Golden Wagner round he will be represented by a song where he does more than glorified ad libs (not that I expect his proper songs would be a lot more popular on here x). Sad for Dead Or Alive but I really liked it at least so thanks whoever sent them for a good discovery x
- Bop Idol 8 : Whole Lotta History - Voting
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • The Room Auditions in Rotterdam (Groups)
1 Fontaines D.C. 2 Dead Or Alive 3 Vengaboys 4 Ultravox 5 iamamiwhoami 6 New Order 7 Sade 8 Years & Years 9 the other one 10 Depeche Mode 11 Bananarama 12 Texas This is the best category by miles, even the Texas song is ok. Guessing Dead Or Alive are gonna be out which is a shame as I actually really liked this song!
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • The Room Auditions in Rotterdam (Solo Female)
1 Dido 2 Kate Bush 3 MARINA 4 Milica Pavlović 5 Adele 6 Robyn 7 Leona Lewis 8 Jessie Ware 9 Zara Larsson 10 Tove Lo 11 Agnes 12 Sophie Ellis-Bextor
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • The Room Auditions in Rotterdam (Solo Male)
1 Gary Numan 2 Calvin Harris 3 Damien Rice 4 Lewis Capaldi 5 Sam Fender 6 Roosevelt 7 Sam Smith 8 Bladee 9 Mackenzy Mackay 10 Tom Grennan 11 Darin 12 HRVY
-
Record of the Decade: 2016-2025 (2016 Voting Thread) Results on Page 3
Oops I meant to nominate for this last night but forgot - will still vote and shall just have 3 extra nominations for other years I guess (2016 forever the worst year in ROTD anyway x)
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Final ⬜⬛ - Deadline 20/09
I only finally got around to relistening to semi 2 last night oop so with the benefit of 2 more plays in the span of 24 hours a few semi 2 songs have had late surges in my final votes!
-
Jade's top 10 songs of each decade: 1960s - 2020s (so far!)
There are definitely wayyyy more than 10 songs from the 80s that feel worthy of being in the top 10 of the decade so making this list is an unenviable task, so many of the songs you mentioned as just missing out feel like somewhat glaring omissions ('How Soon Is Now?', 'Billie Jean' and 'Moonlight Shadow' especially), plus 'A Forest', 'Together In Electric Dreams', 'Once In A Lifetime' and 'Echo Beach' from other songs mentioned in the thread (really trying to limit myself from naming about 20 songs haha). Still, very little to argue about from the songs that did make the cut for you, think I agree on 'Fade To Grey' being the best of the 10 'A Forest' is my ultimate post-punk classic of choice as I'm sure you know (enjoying perusing other people's rankings as well as yours but I would struggle to make one of my own that I'd be happy with, about 95% sure 'A Forest' would be my #1 though x) but 'Love Will Tear Us Apart' is a wonderful choice too - not the cheeriest of top 2s but both songs are wonderful at creating a mood. 'Blue Monday' and 'Vienna' are both just obvious all-time classics as well - the whole of that top 4 plus the 7 songs I named in the first paragraph already takes me to 11 songs that feel like they should be absolute essentials of a top 10 list have been really enjoying discovering more of Ultravox's catalogue through the 80s sessions and they have lots of great songs (I've playlisted all but one of the songs that have come up from them I think) but 'Vienna' was always going to be a bit too high of a bar for them to match. Could say similar for New Order as well, some of their earlier songs while they were still in Joy Division continuity mode have been a bit of a revelation but 'Blue Monday' does kind of feel like the moment they became more of their own distinct thing. My favourite from The Jam could probably be either 'Going Underground' or 'Town Called Malice' depending on which one I heard more recently haha, the former is a bit catchier though - somewhat of a shame that changing chart rules/conventions makes their once uniquely impressive feat of getting multiple debuts at #1 feel a bit devalued in retrospect. 'When Doves Cry' is a song that I've grown to appreciate more in recent years mostly because of knowing how much you like it, although there are still another couple of Prince songs I rate a bit higher myself ('Raspberry Beret' is probably my favourite). Would also probably go with 'Relax' from FGTH and 'It's A Sin' from PSB as my faves but 'Two Tribes' and 'West End Girls' are both great too, the latter is a song I forget how much I actually like until I hear it again for some reason! Think I might just get it a bit confused with 'Always On My Mind' which I do find just a tad overrated. Obviously fully agreed on the pick from ABBA though, I find a lot of their hits to be quite middling but always loved this one (and have more recently come to appreciate more of their later output in general so it's a shame their singles chart dominance started to wane a bit then, if only the likes of this and 'The Day Before You Came' could have been among their #1s). 'Crash' does feel like somewhat of a weak link / surprise inclusion in the top 10 here for me but that may be at least in part because I know it a lot less well than all the others (I'm not sure I have ever heard it outside of SyncTube sessions!), still enjoyed it plenty enough when listening through your top 10 - was just thinking I guess it could be considered another sort of post-punk adjacent song, although in going to look up what genres it is categorised as I've spotted it having 'cuddlecore' listed as a genre on RateYourMusic sure why not x
-
Bop Idol 8 : Whole Lotta History - Voting
You can add hyperlinks by highlighting the text and clicking the icon in the post box that looks like two linked chains. It's a pretty annoying process compared to the old site where it could all be done very quickly using BBCode though. (I see there is no tracking garbage in the links here so either everyone learnt how to send links with it removed or someone has edited them out of the links that contained them, yay either way x) I guess it makes sense given the theme requires artists who were around for at least a decade but wow I recognise nearly all of these artists (I think there's literally only one name that doesn't ring a bell at all). Only 2 songs that I immediately know I've heard before (Christina Aguilera and Placebo) but a few other song titles that also look familiar so I might have come across them before too. Looking forward to listening anyhoo!
-
The BuzzJack Friday Chart Show Thread: 18th September 2026
Good to see Tove Lo getting her reset now but oops at her just missing the top 40 even so - courtesy of a third reset in the span of two years for 'Don't Look Back In Anger' of course (that and TLC, I was thinking that song's resurgence was pretty much entirely just hallucinated by Spotify autoplay algorithm but fair if it is another one tied to a film). Happy enough to see Ashe going top 10, I don't super love the song but it's pretty good and we take any fresh hits we can get. (Again, not you Alyssa). And 'Die On This Hill' kicking 'Loser' out of the top 10 I support also. x I've not heard 'Nicole Kidman' in full yet but the short clip of it from Billboard Breakdown already sounded better than 'Ain't In LA' for me. Yay for Ezra Collective getting their #1 album ❤️ I heard their cover of Bad Bunny's 'NUEVAYoL' from the Live Lounge on Radio 1 today and it was so joyful. Really liked the single with Pa Salieu from this album too. French Montana was born in Morocco! (As was RedOne although I don't think he's ever charted as an artist, but of course several big hits as a producer). Indeed pretty cool to see Faouzia getting a breakthrough hit though. I've not heard this song but 'DON'T EVER LEAVE ME' from the same album is fantastic.
-
Bop Idol 8 : Whole Lotta History - Confirmations
Probably doesn't make much difference (I think most people outside of the listenthrough only listen to the audio on their preferred streaming platform anyway). This deadline crept up quickly, will get something in this evening.
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Final ⬜⬛ - Deadline 20/09
The 2 longest songs were both in semi 1! (Although semi 2 was a bit longer in total)
-
The Pop Factor: Season 3 • The Room Auditions in Rotterdam (Solo Male)
Agreed, 12th is far too high x
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ Odds And Predictions ⬜⬛
I would not rule out Lentyll being a contender x (Also am unconvinced about an Aeroche win)
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 11/09/26
I'm sure it will have had a big increase in streams. Just not enough to actually appear in charts.
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 11/09/26
Now I'm all for insulting Joseph but he doesn't deserve to be named in proximity to Ronnie Radke xx