Jump to content

Bror

Moderator
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bror

  1. Bror posted a post in a topic in R&B and Hip-Hop
    Genuinely feel like this is just leading to him ending up having to cancel the tour anyway so it will have all been for nothing, really terrible look for him. (and yes this really is not the time for flippant contrarian takes / trying to just make this another argument about BuzzJack not liking Ed Sheeran - I say this as someone who is usually there to defend him)
  2. I can believe it x The person who sent Capaldi has definitely put their strongest foot forward first! (also nice that Calvin actually is kicking off with a solo vocal song x)
  3. Voting is open to non-participants btw!
  4. Honestly 'Hello' is one of my least favourite of the big Adele hits so I don't think it's a bad play x
  5. Bror posted a post in a topic in R&B and Hip-Hop
    I'm sure he can get Temper City to fill in for the support acts who have dropped out. x
  6. 2 BJSC top 2 hits in this round
  7. Absolutely not, this is far too high effort x Is me sending Zara to this edition really pushing it that much? (It could be true for all the rest of you know!!1)
  8. I wasn't suggesting it still being hosted by you / in the pop forum xx
  9. I do think it would be good to do a round of this that is properly open to all genres (moreso than it is now where one or two people per season sneak an artist that isn't really pop through anyway x). Am sure it'd still be mostly pop artists anyway but there'd be plenty of artists I'd be interested in using who would definitely not be pop at all. (I guess that was already a thing with that AF Idol spinoff)
  10. All this discussion of which of the ladies will win ignoring the elephant in the room of the forthcoming Bladee landslidee x
  11. Soaking up all the hype before I proceed to send no hopers for another 5 years straight again
  12. Ronnie Radke taking control of BuzzJack to delete critical posts as well
  13. >posting a Falling In Reverse song in big 2026
  14. Underworld et al.'s 'And I Will Kiss' won a BJSC spinoff and that was 17 minutes long! (There is a shorter version of 'Share My Heat' but I hardly think the length will put off many of the people who'd be voting for a song of this ilk anyway)
  15. I also thought The Joy Formidable sounded like an obvious winner (whereas the Liquido song is one of the least interesting songs here for me oops! I'm sure there must be something to it for it to be so popular but it wasn't doing a lot for me)
  16. I'm going to assume neither of you are familiar with Bladee x (I guess some of his music could be considered hyperpop adjacent but he's definitely primarily a hip-hop artist). We don't mind a bit of diversity anyway these acts are still at least closer to the poppier end of their respective genres, it's not like we have people sending black metal bands or Aphex Twin x (although now I've said that... Aphex Twin in season 4 when)
  17. There can never be enough hoe scaring!!
  18. Bladee being a certified popstar (ngl I half considered putting Yung Lean as my male pick, close enough lol) The women and groups categories both seem very stacked (really hard to call anyone being a first round exit for the latter, the women at least have the one that stands out as a likely sacrificial lamb just for being very obscure compared to the rest, though of course hoping we will all be giving everyone a chance xx). The men not so much but still some good choices there (we stan the old man again). x Although... I think we are missing a group? I see 12 each of men and women but only 11 groups. You posted everyone in pairs except Dido so maybe there was meant to be another act in that post? how many times will I make the same obscure in-joke? x unironically though I actually also didn't know iamamiwhoami was a group, I guess it now makes more sense why Jonna also released music under the name ionnalee, I thought that was just a rebrand x
  19. My votes are going to be a little fashionably late but they will be coming tonight x (I was napping x)
  20. Bror posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    You seem to be trying very hard to manifest it for some reason so let's hope so x
  21. YouTube playlist Made this last night but forgot to post it! It is the Nuggets deadline tonight and I was going to relisten to that so wouldn't be able to join a BJSC final listenthrough for today - was going to say Wednesday for that.
  22. Qualification streak update (underlined nations have matched or beaten their longest streak to date, streaks that are longer when counting non-consecutive participations are in italics where applicable): 01 68 Hendinia (non-consecutive: 73) 02 33 Aeroche 03 30 Danæviia 04 25 Neliönoir 05 24 Cor Lupus 06 13 Fljótavík 07 11 The Spodic Empire 08 8 Bøtanikkä (non-consecutive: 9) * 08 8 Trifoski 10 7 Freidland 11 6 Jadakissnia 11 6 Skall 11 6 Terra Avium 14 5 Elëdan 14 5 Land of DW 14 5 Sovarasma 17 4 Herbilore 17 4 N DNTN 19 3 Lentyll 19 3 Lookylion 19 3 New Helvetica 19 3 Ojnoj 23 2 Altyr Muunilinst 23 2 FSR Rontvia 23 2 Harmonica 23 2 Jupiterdonia 23 2 New Lexico 23 2 POPHub 23 2 Séyetana 30 1 Aelandor 30 1 Ajanaeda 30 1 Daehun 30 1 Dalisska 30 1 Ennea 30 1 Flynnonda 30 1 Lotunia 30 1 Persephonia 30 1 Ramrynia 30 1 Scotland 2 30 1 Thelonia (non-consecutive: 2) 30 1 Vaskla 30 1 Zephyra Continuum xx (22) Kluminican Republic xx (5) Bronzil xx (5) République d'Áskorza xx (4) Kathaldazia xx (3) Greenfroze xx (2) Aesthetica (non-consecutive: 3) xx (2) FARC xx (2) Taahino xx (2) Yehesi xx (1) Deandria xx (1) East Rukahavian (non-consecutive: 5) xx (1) Pagasa xx (1) Zanmatony * Bøtanikkä's mid-contest withdrawal from BJSC 180 is not counted as a DNQ for the purposes of this list We do lose one of our 2+ year long streaks this month as Kluminican Republic fall short to end their national record streak of 22, although that was the shortest of the 6 such streaks so the top 5 remains unchanged: Hendinia's bulletproof record run goes onto 68 (73 in non-consecutive contests), Aeroche stay 2nd on 33, Danæviia are still bronze and expand their national record to 30 now making it the whole top 3 with at least 3 unbroken years of qualifiers (they become the 6th country ever to achieve 30 qualifiers in a row, matching Cumulonimbia's record of 30 and only beaten by Hendinia, FSR Rontvia (42), Aeroche (36) and Cor Lupus (33)), Neliönoir in 4th expand their record to 25 and Cor Lupus stay 5th. As Fljótavík move up to 6th they also match their national record of 13 qualifiers in a row, previously achieved in BJSCs 111-123. The Spodic Empire and Freidland further expand their current records to 11 and 7 respectively with the latter now moving into the top 10 of this list. Below the top 10, Herbilore and New Helvetica extend their current records to 4 and 3 respectively (the latter still with a 100% qualification record to date). Lentyll make it to 3 in a row again matching their previous record set in BJSCs 182-185 and Vaskla make it onto the board for the first time after DNQing with their first two entries, kicking off of course with a new 'record' of 1.
  23. I want to say my artist choice this time might be a bit less obviously me than the last one but a) it might still be obvious anyway depending on who else shows up and b) I think more people thought ROSALÍA was Jade last time anyway despite me feeling it was super obviously me. x
  24. My department at work does dewaxings, come visit me xo
  25. The two songs with the initials CC being next to each other x