Everything posted by Bror
-
Alphabet Quiz | 2026 Quiz Season | Week 1 - RESULTS
Giving a point for Silk Sonic but not M.C. Mario feels a bit harsh ddd but fair enough xx I didn't know that Sonic song existed so would never have got that.
-
Nuggets 19 [Voting]
The difference is just that Nuggets entries need to be guitar based. Of course a lot of UP entries are guitar based too but it's open to alt electronic stuff etc. as well. In general anything that's in Nuggets could just as well be in UP but not vice versa.
-
Radio 1 Playlist (11/09/26): My dangerous lover is dancing to Vogue
The spelling of Mulaa Joans has reverted to the typo The two Smiths still getting another C-List spot each following their tandem album underperformances!
-
Alphabet Quiz | 2026 Quiz Season | Week 1 - RESULTS
Ah I had no idea on R but it's obvious now I see it (although tbf I'm not sure I knew she was so young when her career started).
-
Alphabet Quiz | 2026 Quiz Season | Week 1 - RESULTS
Yeah I knew I'd matched the clue about the male artist whose biggest hits were female duets to the wrong letter (as I left it to last and could not find anything that even remotely matched) but I wasn't going to spend more time figuring out which one - I'll take the 2 points there. x I guess the album named after the number of albums must be a Roman numeral then unless I've made more than one mistake
-
Pagasa National Thread
Ok but your current entry should be a winner x (I think I'm still yet to give you an 18 so I'm going to rage if it DNQs and denies me an opportunity to xx)
-
Alphabet Quiz | 2026 Quiz Season | Week 1 - RESULTS
Definitely only got the Kula Shaker album because it was one of the hints specific enough to be Googleable I remembered the factoid about (Münchener) Freiheit because Rollo sent them to my One Hit Wonders edition of the retro song contest though so that was all my brain - go figure that I missed the much less obscure intended answer (I did know that about Massive Attack but didn't come to mind at all!)
-
Top 100 Singles + Albums; W/E 10/09/26
And rich people notoriously aren't always trying to enrich themselves further x
-
Alphabet Quiz | 2026 Quiz Season | Week 1 - RESULTS
Oh Google failed me on the pacifist hint, that's what I deserve for trying to semi-cheat I guess hehe (thanks for still giving me 3/4 points though, at least I got the right letter xx).
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
https://sync-tube.de/room/ApAM3t-I Semi 2 from 8pm ish
-
ARE YOU R3ADY?
At least they're still in the EU...
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 04/09/26
I couldn't actually get any of the sites I tried to work (they either didn't let me send it that far in the future, asked for payment or said they'd send me an email to confirm and didn't). But I've made a reminder on my phone for 8/9/2036. So I'll dig this post out then assuming BuzzJack still exists, Spotify still exists, I am still alive, etc.!
-
ARE YOU R3ADY?
I want to try a group as I've done both male and female solo in the first two editions but none have come to mind that I'd be as passionate about as James Blake and ROSALÍA. (I might have tried Everything Everything if they hadn't been used already back in that AF Idol thing that was kind of a precursor to this, not reheating those nachos x) I guess I'll wait and see what these ~stipulations~ are anyway. (Is that not being announced until it opens?)
-
Streaming Services Chart Discussion; W/C 04/09/26
'All' is a bit of a stretch I'd say, I definitely haven't heard that version of 'Ain't Nobody' for a long time at least. Obviously no real way of telling right now but I could make a case for most of the current Spotify top 10 still being quite well remembered in a decade's time. 'Rein Me In', 'Man I Need' and 'Choosin' Texas' surely aren't going anywhere any time soon in the public consciousness (and 'Mr. Brightside' lol), the 2 Olivia songs definitely deserve to be remembered at least, and 'Loser' has the connection to a massive record breaking film (mind, I don't really care or know enough about the MCU to have any read on if 'Spider-Man film #56' will be any more memorable than any of the others regardless of how well it does at the box office. Also the song is not very good). 'Great Expectation' could probably go either way depending on how long of a career SIENNA SPIRO manages I guess. It's only really 'Earrings' and 'Boston' that I'd say stand out as being more likely than not to have only fleeting popularity. Maybe I should send this post to myself on one of those 'email yourself in the future' websites for 2036 xx
-
Alphabet Quiz | 2026 Quiz Season | Week 1 - RESULTS
I wasn't going to attempt to multitask reading this thread with the BJSC listenthrough oops but just caught up now - absolutely didn't occur to me that the answer for B might be from the album chart so no wonder I couldn't figure that one out, although even if I was thinking of albums I still don't think I'd have made the connection with Barbra. Well done anyone who did get that! (Billen Ted and Black Box both did come to mind for me but figured they didn't match the wording of the clue so I just decided to leave it blank - I have put down one answer later on that I think doesn't match the wording but I decided to punt on it anyway in case it is right though x). Got all of the rest so far, hooray! C and G took me a bit of thinking (should have got the latter quicker), but D, E and F were all fairly straightforward. That's wild that for as specific a hint as the one for The Cranberries there was still another answer that was almost correct in Counting Crows, if only 'Mr. Jones' had charted one place lower or 'Accidentally In Love' one place higher. Echoing the appreciation for all the effort put into these results!
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ Odds And Predictions ⬜⬛
I am king of the pop hoes wbk x
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ Odds And Predictions ⬜⬛
Cannot remember the last time one of my entries got any sort of contender hype (I think even my last few top 5/10 hits went under the radar in predictions, and I don't think I recall any of my more middling hits getting any rogue punt hype, other than maybe from myself being delusional (I am still not over 'One Hand Behind The Devil' only coming 20th xx)). Maybe Minuit Machine?
-
Alphabet Quiz | 2026 Quiz Season | Week 1 - RESULTS
Ashanti was the only one I thought of (and this was one of the ones that took me a while to think of) - interesting that just as many people said Aqua.
-
BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
https://sync-tube.de/room/ApAM3t-I Semi 1 listenthrough from 8pm ish
-
ARE YOU R3ADY?
- BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
Would not be the first time Addy has derailed me on SyncTube #neverforget- BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
Ok that's a bit more conclusive then, semi 1 tonight it is x- Friday Chart Predictions
BTS and Charli xcx's 'Dream Glow' (#61) was for the soundtrack to a BTS mobile game.- Top 100 Singles + Albums; W/E 10/09/26
Also money x- BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09
React for semi 1 or 🙏 for semi 2 x - BJSC 188 ⬛⬜ The Semi Finals ⬜⬛ - Deadline 12/09