Jump to content

spkx

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spkx

  1. Nadine just retweeted it: http://twitter.com/NadineWorldwide/status/7310844515 and over 2,500 members now
  2. spkx posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    That's just one of the things, there was The X Factor which lasted 6 months, GA's tour, GA's two singles, climbing mountains and doing a whole other heap of interviews and promotion work. I'm not excusing it being rushed, but it quite clearly was squeezed into her already tight schedule and hence wasn't as good as it could've been (IMO) I hope Nadine's album will turn out better for the simple reason she's clearly put a lot more time into it.
  3. 2,343 now. Still don't think it's got a hope of working but it's far more popular than I'd have thought
  4. spkx posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    And..? As I said, she's a much better singer-songwriter then Cheryl, she doesn't need as much time whereas Cheryl clearly does
  5. spkx posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Exactly.. GaGa'ss been focusing on her solo career, while Cheryl has not. She's been doing a load of other TV/Music work that left her with less time to record her solo album and hence it being rushed IMO And it wasn't a dig at the end at all, I love both Cheryl and GaGa my point was that GaGa is simply in a different league to Cheryl and you can't really compare the two.
  6. spkx posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    But GaGa's ONLY been focusing on her solo work (well, more or less). Cheryl spent 6 months of the year on the UK's biggest reality show, climbed mountains, toured with Girls Aloud, promoted Girls Aloud's singles, endless promotional work like her Q interview, L'oreal adverts and photoshoots, etc. Furthermore (and the key point) Gaga is better than Cheryl, as Jimmy Carr said on BFQOT you can't mark the kids in primary school the same way you do the kids in high school
  7. spkx posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    I don't believe this to be honest, she was talking about her album on Radio 2 just yesterday saying she was still writing and it was going to have "fast" tracks and she'll be dancing (cringe)
  8. 1,900 now, it's growing pretty quickly
  9. Cowell promised it so there should be one although I can't imagine it. However if they do get back together and have material ready for the live shows, I could see them using The X Factor to launch their comeback and have an X Factor performance as their first live TV performance as a group since their Untouchable promom it'd be a big thing for the show as well like when Britney and Whitney returned (not AS big but you get the idea)
  10. spkx posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Her single was also voted second best behind Poker Face and her album third best behind both of Gaga's Clearly you either loved it or hated it. The problem with her album was that a) it was rushed (how she managed to record anything inbetween promoting TLK and Untouchable, climbing mountains, touring and doing The X Factor I'm not sure) and b ) it wasn't anything like Girls Aloud's work. From the comments I've read on forumsa lot of people who dislike Cheryl's solo work like Girls Aloud's work and those who like Cheryl's work don't like Girls Aloud's songs.
  11. I really hope they release a new album but I have a horrible feeling it's going to be pushed back and back and then they'll eventually split. I can really see Cheryl and Kimberley settling down sooner rather than later and having kids. However, assuming it is coming, I can't wait. I think the solo work for Sarah and Cheryl has improved their voices a lot. Cheryl was never that strong but she's clearly had to work and practice for her album and I think it'll pay off in any new GA album and performances
  12. spkx posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    Fascination have made some right cock ups last year with all their acts. Firstly uou have the silly idea of launching Wordshaker off the back of one single. Then there's the idea that Girls Aloud will go top 10 with Untouchable with only a single performance weeks before release. Releasing Mini Viva's I Wish on the same week as The X Factor and such - one of the most bizarre decisions ever - did they really think it was going to do well?
  13. spkx posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Are Rage out of the top 40 yet? edit: too late!
  14. spkx posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    The Saturday's need some xenomania magic!
  15. spkx posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Leona at #25 I believe
  16. spkx posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Joe now down to #4, if his physicals aren't that good he could have quite a fall
  17. spkx posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    No, she's at #11 combined
  18. spkx posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    How long is the radio 1 end of year countdown? Is it the top 20?
  19. spkx posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
  20. spkx posted a post in a topic in Pop and Country
    Didn't perform anything, do we know whether they're performing it on the TOTP New years episode? I honestly think if they fail to go top 10 they could be in trouble. At least when Girls Aloud failed with Untouchable they had the excuse of little TV promotion as they were on tour and a double platinum selling album already. By rights the saturdays SHOULD easily crack the top 10 - it's released on a quiet week, their album has sold next to nothing and they've done plenty of promo (Switch, GMTV, Alan Car, live lounge, etc). It's been shoved down on iTunes again with all the gift card vouchers, Fight For This Love, Bad Boys, Everybody in love, Watcha Say, Black Eyed Peas all leap frogging them - and some of those like Cheryl's have 3 versions in the top 100 now. It's a great tune and should be at least top 3 but I hope it at least goes top 10. If it doesn't I'm not sure what's wrong with them to be honest
  21. spkx posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Not looking good, but it should hold onto #5 I hope
  22. spkx posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Why is Ke$ha so high? Did I miss a perfomance or clip of her on TOTP?
  23. spkx posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    To be honest that does seem quite true, all of the positive comments I've read about it start with "I don't like Cheryl but.." or "I don't like Girls Aloud songs but...". Her album is pretty different to all of what GA have put out and so it's actually not too surprising her fans aren't too keen. I now wonder what goodies Nadine will release!
  24. spkx posted a post in a topic in UK Charts
    Cheryl should keep #4, PK's sales should basically stop tomorrow