BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Ariana Grande
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Jade
post 15th September 2019, 04:19 PM
Post #21
Group icon
Alone and wounded
Pronouns: She/her
User: 12,810

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #10

'Don't Call Me Angel' is out now!

Ariana's collaboration with Miley Cyrus and Lana Del Rey - 'Don't Call Me Angel' for the Charlie's Angels soundtrack - is out now! They dropped both the song and music video on Friday so there's been a lot for us to digest in the forum. This has resulted in a lot of discussion over the last couple of days which is fabulous to see! Let us know what you think of the song and video if you haven't yet joined in the chat. Or perhaps get out your crystal ball and tell us where you think the song will debut in the chart.

Don't Call Me Angel - who is #1 angel?

A fresh new thread created by Bal asks us who we think was most impressive on the song 'Don't Call Me Angel' and who shone most in the video. Make sure to vote in both polls and let us know your reasons for these choices!

Don't Call Me Angel: initial ratings

The 'Don't Call Me Angel' talk does not end there quite yet. In this thread I asked you guys what your initial rating of the song, artwork and video would be. Let us know above!

My Everything: The Rate - Results

'Don't Call Me Angel' related chat is not all that has been going on! As us mods have been working hard to present results for the recent 'My Everything' rate too. This rate was created to celebrate the 5 year anniversary of Ariana's 2nd studio album. Results 15-12 have been announced, so feel free to catch up now before we go any further.

Bang Bang vs. Don't Call Me Angel

...more 'Don't Call Me Angel' content? Of course! As Cody asked us to choose between Ariana's two fierce female trio songs. Ari, Jessie and Nicki vs. Ari, Lana and Miley. Let us know if you prefer 'Bang Bang' or 'Don't Call Me Angel'!

Other discussion points this week included Lana covering Ariana in the Live Lounge (the crossover is just unstoppable right now) - with a cool rendition of 'break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored' and Ari playing some more shows in the UK this weekend. Turns out that some fans casually met her in Boots during her stay in the U.K.! Plus a lot of our members have gone to see her this weekend. Let us know your memories if you're one of 'em.

Plus, it was announced that we were 8th in the Posters' Chart with 62 posts for last week. Thanks so much for returning us to the top 10 after a quiet week!

- Your Ariana Grande mods
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Jade
post 22nd September 2019, 04:16 PM
Post #22
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #11

'My Everything' rate results close to wrapping up!

At the time of writing this, the #2 song has just been revealed in our 5 year anniversary rate for 'My Everything'! Have a catch up now ahead of the winner being announced and let us know your thoughts on how the results have turned out.

Ariana smashes a new streaming record

This week 'thank u, next' became the first album by a solo female to have all its songs reach 70 million+ streams on Spotify! Come and discuss the achievement and where your favourites on the album rank in terms of their streaming numbers.

Does Ariana need to take a break?

Today cqmerqn started a thread asking us whether we think Ariana should take a break or not. This follows the news that 'Don't Call Me Angel' is likely to drop out of the top 10 in the UK next week from #2. Do you think she does? If so, for how long? Let us know!

'Don't Call Me Angel' discussion ongoing

Be sure to join in DCMA chat if you haven't already! At the moment we're waiting for the US chart position to be announced.

Ariana address chart success and her music

Ariana has come out and told her fans that they shouldn't focus so much on chart positions, instead it's the quality of the music that's important. Do you agree with this sentiment?

Be sure to check out the general discussion thread too - discussion points this week have included Ariana's name being considered for the Wicked film, the trailer for her fragrance 'thank u, next' being released and the news that she will feature heavily in the 2020 edition of the Guinness World Records!

It was also announced that we were #2 in the Posters' Chart with 176 posts - amazing! Thank you for the support.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 29th September 2019, 09:17 PM
Post #23
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #12

'You Don't Own Me' with Kristin Chenoweth out now!

Ariana recently had the honour of working with one of her heroes, Broadway legend Kristin Chenoweth. This week we got to hear their duet for the first time! It is a cover of Lesley Gore's 'You Don't Own Me' and features on Chenoweth's latest album 'For The Girls'. What is your opinion on their take of the song? Let us know!

Christmas collaboration with Idina Menzel coming soon!

This week Idina Menzel announced that she would be releasing a swing-themed Christmas album in October. None other than Ariana is appearing on the album! The two have a song together called 'A Hand For Mrs. Claus'. Come and join in the chat ahead of its release in a little under three weeks!

Best collaboration with Cashmere Cat?

This week I asked the forum what their favourite Ariana and Cashmere Cat song was, following the popularity of the best Nicki feature thread. So... is it 'Adore', 'Be My Baby' or 'Quit' for you? Let us know in the thread above!

'boyfriend' is certified silver

It was announced that Ariana received her 25th UK certification to date this week! Summer single 'boyfriend' is the latest in line to earn the achievement.

'Don't Call Me Angel' chat is still in full swing and it was also announced that we were 4th in the Posters' Chart with 137 posts, thank you everyone!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 6th October 2019, 11:14 AM
Post #24
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #13

Best song from each Ariana album?

This week we asked - what is your favourite song from each of Ariana's studio albums? Does an album track eclipse the singles on any of the records for you? Let us know!

'Love Me Harder' turns 5 years old!

This week marked 5 years of 'Love Me Harder' featuring The Weeknd, the third single to be taken from 'My Everything'. Come and celebrate with us!

Ariana leads the way for EMA nominations

This week it was announced that Ariana has taken the EMAs by storm - as she is the most nominated artist! She is up for 7 different awards, find out what they are above.

It was also announced that we finished 6th in the Posters' Chart with 61 posts. Thank you for another week in the top 10!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 13th October 2019, 02:50 PM
Post #25
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #14

Charlie's Angels: track-list revealed and 'How It's Done' released!

This week the track-list for the upcoming 'Charlie's Angels' soundtrack was revealed! Take a look at the thread above to see who Ariana has collaborated with on the project. In addition this, the opening song from the album 'How It's Done' was released - feel free to give it a listen and let us know what you think.

A chain of Ariana opinions

This week I started a game in the AF as a get to know exercise! All you have to do is ask and answer questions related to Ariana. It's been interesting to see what people's opinions are so far. If you haven't joined in yet then please do so!

'Santa Tell Me' to feature on Now 100 Hits Christmas

News related to 'Santa Tell Me' is already in full swing as Ariana's festive hit has made it onto the Now 100 Hits Christmas compilation! If you don't think it's too early to be talking about Christmas songs yet then come and jump into the chat!

Impending changes to the Sweetener tour are teased

Ariana has teased some changes to her Sweetener tour after the current European leg is over. But what could they be? Speculate above!

'Sweetener' features on Pitchfork's End-of-decade albums list!

'Sweetener' has been crowned as the 100th best album of the decade by Pitchfork. What do you think of this placing?

'thank u, next' features on Pitchfork's End-of-decade songs list!

In addition to the 'Sweetener' album recognition, Pitchfork chose 'thank u, next' as the 48th best song of the decade. What do you make of this?

'NASA' vs. 'E.T.' mash-up

This week Jonjo shared a mash-up with us that incorporates two spacey songs - Ariana's 'NASA' and Katy Perry's 'E.T.'! Have a listen above.

Alessia Cara does impressions of various celebrities including Ariana!

This week Alessia Cara took on multiple celebrity impressions on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. What did you think of her Ariana impression? Let us know!

It was also announced that we finished in 10th place with 36 posts in the AF Posters' Chart for last week. Thank you for another week in the top 10!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 20th October 2019, 12:06 PM
Post #26
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #15

'A Hand For Mrs. Claus' is out now!

Idina Menzel has teamed up with Ariana amongst others for her festive swing album 'Christmas: A Season of Love'. Their collaboration, 'A Hand For Mrs. Claus', was released on Friday! So if you don't mind listening to Christmas music in October then give it a listen and let us know what you think.

Ariana to feature on a remix of Lizzo's 'Good As Hell'

It was confirmed that Ariana is to feature on a remix of Lizzo's 'Good As Hell' after a clip leaked earlier in the week! What do you think of this idea? Do you think they could snatch another Billboard Hot 100 #1 each with it? Be sure to tell us your thoughts!

Two new YouTube milestones for Ariana!

This week 'boyfriend' passed 100 million views on YouTube for Ari and 'break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored' reached 300 million!

Q Magazine to feature Ariana in their 'best of 2010s' list

News just in - Ariana's name is on the cover of Q Magazine as featuring in their 'best songs of 2010s' list. But what has she made it in with? Speculate above!

The European leg of Ariana's tour concluded this week also, with two final London shows. Lastly, it was announced that we climbed to 6th in the AF Posters' Chart with 52 posts - thanks everyone for the consistent support, it's much appreciated.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 27th October 2019, 06:52 PM
Post #27
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #16

Lizzo's 'Good As Hell' remix featuring Ariana is out now!

Ariana has jumped on a remix of Lizzo's 'Good As Hell' and it was released on Friday! Have you had the chance to listen to it yet? Do let us know what you think of it.

New 'Charlie's Angels' soundtrack song is out there

Anitta's 'Pantera' is the latest song to be made available from the Charlie's Angels soundtrack ahead of its full release next week! What do you make of it?

New YouTube milestones!

This week has been exciting for Ariana's YouTube channel once again! '7 rings' hit 600 million views and 'Don't Call Me Angel' passed 100 million.

This week has also been heavy for vinyl news - 'Dangerous Woman' is available for £11.99 for a limited amount of time in HMV's vinyl sale, plus there are rumours circulating that 'Yours Truly', 'My Everything' (for a second time) and 'Christmas & Chill' are getting vinyl releases in the future! Ari also had an amusing Twitter exchange with U.S. politician Bernie Sanders. Catch-up on the forum now if you've missed out this week! Finally, it was announced that we finished 6th in the AF Posters' Chart, with 74 posts, so that was a fantastic week for the forum. Thanks guys for contributing!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 3rd November 2019, 02:43 PM
Post #28
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #17

The Charlie's Angels soundtrack is out now!

The soundtrack for the upcoming 'Charlie's Angels' movie, which Ariana is heavily involved with, was released on Friday! Four new Ariana songs can be found on the album in addition to 'Don't Call Me Angel'. These are 'Bad To You', 'Nobody', 'How I Look On You' and 'Got Her Own'. Please let us know your thoughts if you've had the chance to check it out yet!

Best Ariana soundtrack song?

In the lead up to the 'Charlie's Angels' soundtrack release, we ran a poll asking what your favourite Ariana soundtrack song is to date. These include 'All My Love', 'Beauty And The Beast', 'Don't Call Me Angel', 'Faith' and 'They Don't Know'. Be sure to show some love for your favourite!

Spooky Ariana remixes!

Popular YouTube channel moonlight records has recently provided us with spooky versions of '7 rings' and 'Don't Call Me Angel' for Halloween. The two of them have blown up quickly. Are you into them? Which of the two is your favourite?

'Dangerous Woman' named as one of Q's best songs of the 2010s!

Q magazine recently revealed that Ariana would be a part of their 'best songs of the 2010s' countdown. It turns out that the song in question is 'Dangerous Woman'! What do you think of this choice? Inspired or a let down? Let us know!

It was also announced that we were 10th in the AF Posters' Chart with a tally of 32 posts for the week. Thank you for keeping us in the top 10!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 10th November 2019, 01:54 PM
Post #29
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #18

General discussion - Ari goes home empty-handed at the EMAs but is celebrated in other ways

Unfortunately Ariana failed to win any EMAs at the 2019 ceremony despite receiving a whopping 7 nominations. But it's been a good week for her otherwise in our general discussion thread! First, 'no tears left to cry' was named as the 9th best song of the decade by Stereogum. 'Into You' also showed up in their list at #41! Her power in the charts has also been recognised - such as her not leaving the Billboard Hot 100 for over a year and a half (as 'Don't Call Me Angel' is still there). She's also been recognised as the 12th biggest artist of the decade by Billboard and Rolling Stone have said that she's averaged 89.8 million weekly streams this year. Amazing! Come and jump into the chat.

Ariana is back on the road

Ariana's tour will resume tonight and the set list now includes songs from one of her Christmas EPs 'Christmas & Chill'! Do you welcome the change?

'Santa Tell Me' season is back in full swing

Okay it may only be November but that doesn't mean that we can't start tracking 'Santa Tell Me's progress in 2019 yet! Come and join in with the festive chat.

Best new Ariana Charlie's Angels song?

The release of the 'Charlie's Angels' soundtrack last week gave us four new Ariana songs! But which is the best? 'How I Look on You' is currently leading the poll... but do you agree? Be sure to vote in the poll and let us know which song you chose.

thank u, next turns one!

Ariana's smash hit single 'thank u, next' has now turned a year old! She posted an emotional tribute on Twitter to mark the occasion. Come and celebrate with us above!

Finally, we finished in 8th place with 41 posts in the AF Posters' Chart. Thank you for keeping us in the top 10 again!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 24th November 2019, 07:52 PM
Post #30
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #19

Hello everyone,

Back after a one week hiatus as I was unwell and super busy last week. Here's your latest Ariana Grande AF round-up!

General discussion: when Ari met Bernie, Victorious Cast reunion & award win!

Ariana's general discussion thread has been updated with news this week thanks to her instagram and ability to scoop up awards! She got political on insta, posting a picture with Bernie Sanders - and he even responded in the comments! She also posted an image of herself with former Victorious cast-mates Liz Gillies and Matt Bennett! Aw. Finally, it was announced that Ariana won the 'Best International Solo Artist' category at BBC Radio 1's teen awards! Congrats to Ari and good luck to her at the AMAs tonight.

'Santa Tell Me' turns 5!

Today we're celebrating the 5 year anniversary of Ariana's modern Christmas staple 'Santa Tell Me'! Let us know how it's held up for you five years on above.

Ariana nominated for multiple Grammy Awards!

Ari has notched up an impressive 5 nominations for the prestigious Grammy Awards ceremony this year! These are for:

- thank u, next - Album of the Year + Best Pop Vocal Album
- 7 rings - Record of the Year + Best Pop Solo Performance
- boyfriend - Best Pop Duo/Group Performance

Click on the relevant link to share your thoughts on each nomination!

We fell out of the top 10 Artist Forums after a long streak - placing 12th with 39 posts. But - hot off the press - this week we're back up to 9th! Thank you everyone.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 8th December 2019, 02:10 PM
Post #31
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #20

Ariana: The Christmas Rate open NOW!

To celebrate December arriving and Ari's modern Christmas smash 'Santa Tell Me' turning 5 - it's time for a festive rate! Both of Ariana's seasonal EPs 'Christmas Kisses' and 'Christmas & Chill' are featured, plus her recent team-up with Idina Menzel 'A Hand For Mrs. Claus'. You have over a week left to submit a rate if you're interested. It shouldn't be too time consuming as it's a pretty small pool of songs. Merry Christmas everyone, hope you enjoy the discoveries or rediscoveries!

'Santa Tell Me' re-enters the UK singles chart

This week 'Santa Tell Me' re-entered the UK Singles Chart at #33! Come and join us in following its progress for the rest of the month.

A Sweetener tour live album is coming!

Ari has truly been a vocal powerhouse at her recent live shows. So it totally makes sense that she's capitalising on the Sweetener world tour with an accompanying live album! She's been tweeting more and more about the progress of it at the moment. Let us know what you think of this project idea.

Ariana is Spotify's most streamed female artist of the decade

This week we learned that Ariana is Spotify's most streamed female artist of the decade! Incredible. Celebrate with us above.

'thank u, next' makes an appearance in Billboard's '100 Best Songs of the 2010s' list

There's just no stopping 'thank u, next' in End of Decade lists as it has appeared in yet another one! It was #7 on Billboard's list that was released earlier in the week.

The past fortnight hasn't been the best ever for the forum - we did okay a couple of weeks ago at 9th with 31 posts, but dipped to 15th with 12 posts last week. Let's change that as Ari simply must be slaying at Christmas time! Let's keep the chat and Christmas rates coming.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 15th December 2019, 04:05 PM
Post #32
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #21

'Sweetener Tour' live album is confirmed!

A 'Sweetener Tour' live album has been no secret as Ariana herself alluded to it recently! But it's now confirmed, with the release available to pre-save now ahead of its 2020 launch. Are you excited to hear Ariana's voice in all its live glory on record? Come and join in the chat above!

Submit an Ariana Christmas rate

The deadline for Ariana: The Christmas Rate is slowly creeping up! Join in the fun by submitting your rate of Ariana's Christmas music ASAP.

Share your Ariana EOY stats

Whether you're a user of Spotify, iTunes, Apple Music, Amazon or anything else... it's time to unleash our Ariana EOY stats! Let us know what your numbers are looking like.

'One Last Time' is revealed as one of the biggest songs of the decade!

This week the OCC revealed the top 100 biggest songs of the 2010s in the UK. Ariana's sole entry was with 'One Last Time'! Come and see where she landed above.

General discussion: Billie Eilish shouts out Ariana and find out her Billboard EOY stats

Catch up with our general discussion thread above for the latest Ariana news! This week includes Billie shouting Ariana out during her speech at Billboard's 'Women of the Year' awards. Her Billboard EOY stats are out there now too - come and see her biggest songs and albums in the U.S. for 2019.

All eyes are on 'imagine'

'imagine' has come into prominence once more in the forum for a couple of reasons! Firstly it featured in Slant magazine's '50 Best Songs of 2019' list. Secondly it has just turned one year old! Let us know your thoughts on 'imagine' one year later.

Billboard name 'thank u, next' as their best album of the year!

Ariana has taken Billboard's EOY albums list by storm as 'thank u, next' was crowned as their best album of 2019 earlier this week! Do you think it was deserving?

The latest 'Santa Tell Me' chart news

Not only did 'Santa Tell Me' rise to #31 in the chart this week - it has also passed 500,000 sales in the UK! We love a modern Christmas smash.

Last week was a little more positive in the AF Posters' chart as we rose from #15 to #13 with 21 posts. Here's to a surge back in the top 10 soon!

+Quote this post
Estityskask
post 22nd December 2019, 06:59 AM
Post #33
Group icon
New Entry
User: 98,641

Funny --
Cant figure out why someone who hates doughnuts would be doing browsing IN A DOUGHNUT SHOP anyway?

Whats the "One Last Crawler" thing mean, though?

+Quote this post
Jade
post 22nd December 2019, 07:00 PM
Post #34
Group icon
Alone and wounded

queen of doughnuts

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #22

Hello everyone, here is what was happening in the Ariana Grande AF this week:

Ariana: The Christmas Rate - Results

Over the past couple of weeks we asked you to rate the songs from both of Ariana's festive EPs, plus her Christmas collaboration with Idina Menzel. Well, this week us mods have been counting down the results of this activity! Catch up now ahead of the top 3 being announced soon. How have your favourites fared?

'thank u, next' album track 'ghostin' makes its way on to an EOY countdown!

This week The Fader revealed their top 25 pop songs of 2019! We are thrilled to report that album track 'ghostin' has been plucked from 'thank u, next' to feature at #13 on this countdown. They describe it as "astonishingly vulnerable" amongst other sentiments. Come and have a read of their words and let us know what you think of 'ghostin'!

General discussion: Charlie's Angels chat + Ari breaks a political record?!

This week's general discussion thread talk firstly included chat about why the 'Charlie's Angels' soundtrack has underperformed. Before turning into 'How I Look On You' appreciation, naturally. Then things took a political turn as her tour recorded the most voter registrations and actions on a tour ever - over 33,000! Amazing!

Ariana is officially music video queen of the year

This week Vevo announced the most viewed artists of 2019 and Ariana came out at #1! Hooray!

This week we were back in business in the AF Posters' Chart as we rose to 7th place with 36 posts. Thanks everyone for helping us return to the top 10!

Have a very merry Christmas.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 29th December 2019, 01:05 PM
Post #35
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #23

Good afternoon everyone! It's been a busy time in the Ariana forum this week, here's what was happening...

Ariana drops brand new album 'k bye for now (swt live)'

On Monday 23rd December we were treated to a brand new live album from Ariana! She dropped 'k bye for now (swt live)' as her latest world tour was coming to an end. The album features over 30 live tracks and interludes so fans can experience the audio of her concerts for the first time, or all over again. This means Ariana has released a whopping 3 albums in one calendar year! Amazing. Let us know what you think of 'k bye for now (swt live)' if you've had the chance to hear it yet!

Ariana EOY Awards 2019

2019 has been a pretty crazy year for Ariana output - singles, music videos, collaborations and even albums left, right and centre. So, to celebrate a mammoth year, I've put together 5 main categories (and a bonus category!) and opened voting for these awards in a series of polls. These are best single, album track, music video, collaboration, album and a bonus category of the best single that celebrated its 5 year anniversary in 2019. Vote in the polls in the thread above and let us know your choices!

2020 hopes and predictions

It is also time to look to the future on top of reflecting! Next year marks the start of a brand new decade in Ariana's career. But will she begin the 2020s on a quiet note? Let us know your Ariana predictions and hopes for the new year in the thread above!

A very Ari Christmas

It's been a very festive week in the Ariana AF! Firstly, the results of our Christmas Rate concluded earlier in the week. Did you agree with the top 3? Next, we found out that 'Santa Tell Me' charted at #13 this year, matching its peak achieved last year! So close. Lastly, there's a general Merry Christmas thread if you'd like to wish your fellow Ariana fans a Merry Christmas/Happy New Year or discuss how Ariana impacted your Christmas perhaps - whether that was musically or gift-wise!

Elsewhere, both 'thank u, next' the album and single are continuing to be rewarded in EOY lists, Ariana featured in a celebrity lip-synching video of Mariah's 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' and she broke the record for most monthly listeners for a female artist on Spotify ever. Incredible! Also, we found out that we were 8th in the AF Posters' Chart with 32 posts for the previous week. Thanks everyone for contributing to the forum in 2019! Have a happy new year.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 5th January 2020, 06:47 PM
Post #36
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #24

Hello everyone! Here's how we've started 2020 in the Ariana Grande Artist Forum...

Happy new year Ariana AF!

We of course couldn't begin 2020 without wishing everyone a happy new year! Here's to a good one for both our posters and Ariana herself.

Sweetener World Tour documentary coming to Netflix?

Whispers of a 'Sweetener World Tour' documentary have been around for a few months now. But there was a new development in rumour mill this week! A professional camera man tagged both Ariana and Netflix in one of his photos of the Sweetener tour ohmy.gif so, could Ari be coming to Netflix soon? Give us your thoughts on this project above!

Ariana has already returned to the studio?!

Ariana hinted on Twitter that she's already back in the studio! But she also said "don't get too excited". What could she be up to?

Latest streaming milestones: '7 rings' and 'break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored' rack up impressive numbers

This week it was announced that '7 rings' has passed 1 billion plays on Spotify - the first time one of her singles has reached this milestone! It was also revealed that 'break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored' has become her latest single to surpass 500,000 million streams - her 12th release to achieve this! Congrats Ari the streaming queen.

Latest sales information

This week has been super juicy for new sales information. 'Santa Tell Me' has been certified platinum and 'thank u, next' has overtaken the sales of 'Sweetener', just to mention a couple of bits! Dive into all the info above. A huge thanks to Jay as usual for providing us with these stats!

We ended the year on a high in the AF Posters' Chart - placing 5th with 46 posts! It was also announced that we were the 7th most popular Artist Forum of 2019, with 3151 posts recorded for the year. Thanks so much to everyone who contributed in 2019 heart.gif Here's to another good year!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 12th January 2020, 12:56 PM
Post #37
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #25

Ariana announced as a performer for the Grammy Awards

This week it was officially confirmed that Ariana will be performing at the Grammy Awards! She was left disappointed last year when she was not allowed to perform what she wanted at the ceremony, therefore not going ahead with it. But this year she'll be back with a bang! It's an exciting night for Ari fans as she's also nominated for multiple awards. Come and speculate with us about her potential choice of performance and chance of winning ahead of the ceremony on January 26th!

Ariana receives nomination for 'Best International Female' at the BRIT Awards

Awards season is well and truly in full swing! In addition to the Grammy news, we were also treated to the announcement that Ariana is nominated for 'Best International Female' once again at the Brit Awards! She won the prestigious title last year but will she scoop it again? Also will she be performing? Jump into the chat above!

General discussion: even MORE award nominations?! and Ari gets sued

Ariana's general discussion thread has been bursting with chat this week. Firstly, it was announced that she has also swept the iHeartRadio Music Awards nominations list, if BRIT and Grammy nominations weren't already enough! But in less positive news, it was revealed that Ariana is being sued by a photographer for a second time, after she posted a picture he took of her (without her permission!) on instagram. What do you make of this? Catch up with the general discussion thread above!

New Spotify milestones: no tears left to cry, MONOPOLY and Good As Hell (Remix) achieve impressive numbers

New Spotify figures just in! This week it was announced that no tears left to cry has reached 800 million streams, while both MONOPOLY and Good As Hell (Remix) have quickly passed 100 million! Well done stream queen.

It was also announced that we started off the year well in the AF Posters' Chart! Ariana was the 5th most popular AF of the week with 32 posts. Thanks everyone!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 19th January 2020, 03:35 PM
Post #38
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #26

Ariana Grande: The Singles Rate 2020

Our ultimate event of the year has arrived! To celebrate Ariana's past decade in music - from 'Put Your Hearts Up' to 'Good As Hell (Remix)' - we've decided to launch a rate of all her single releases to date! This has not been done in the AF since 2017 so now feels just right. Click the link above to submit a rate, still 2 weeks to do so!

'thank u, next' is certified platinum!

Ariana's latest album 'thank u, next' was certified platinum in the U.K. this week! Congratulations to Ariana for achieving this feat for three of her albums here now.

'7 rings' turns one year old

This week Ariana celebrated the one year anniversary of her smash hit '7 rings' on social media! How has it held up for you a year later?

General discussion: Ariana is sued again, involved in Eminem controversy and featured on Mac Miller's new album

This week there was a lot to talk about! For starters, the one year anniversary of '7 rings' hasn't started on the best note as artist Josh Stone is suing Ariana over similarities to one of his songs, yikes... also, Eminem included a controversial lyric about the Manchester tragedy that occurred at an Ariana concert on his new album. That has NOT gone down well as you would expect. In more positive news, hidden Ariana vocals were discovered on Mac Miller's new posthumous album and 'One Last Time' has received an iTunes boost due to usage on 'The Masked Singer' last night! Jump in with all of the chat above.

This week it was announced that we spent another week in the top 5 of the AF Posters' Chart! We were 5th with 42 posts. Thanks everyone!

+Quote this post
Jade
post 26th January 2020, 06:49 PM
Post #39
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #27

Grammy Awards 2020 predictions

The Grammy Awards are just around the corner! Ari and BTS have already broken the internet with their backstage picture above. Do you think Ariana will win any of the five awards that she's up for? What do you think she'll perform at the ceremony? Come and speculate with us!

Still time to submit for Ariana Grande: 2020 Singles Rate!

In case you didn't know, there is an active singles rate in the Ariana Grande AF right now! We're rating all of her singles since 'Put Your Hearts Up'. The deadline is just over a week away so make sure that your taste is represented before it's too late!

Ariana and DaBaby remix on the way?

There is currently a rumour floating around (courtesy of Insider ATRL) that Ariana will be dropping a remix featuring DaBaby very soon. Do you think this is true? What do you think this could be a remix of? Let us know in the general discussion thread above!

We finished in 6th place with 38 posts in the AF Posters' Chart for the week! Thanks everyone for your contributions.

+Quote this post
Jade
post 2nd February 2020, 12:00 PM
Post #40
Group icon
Alone and wounded

Ariana Grande AF: newsletter #28

Ariana walks the red carpet and performs at the 2020 Grammy Awards!

Big news this week in the world of Ariana was her appearance at the Grammy Awards! Sadly she went home with 0 awards, after Billie Eilish dominated the night, but positive talking points were still easy to find away from that! Firstly, Ariana rocked up to the red carpet in a blue flowing dress, accompanying gloves and blonde hair! Many people quickly took to social media to say that she looked like a princess. Ari soon found herself on many best dressed lists too! However, the biggest Ariana talking point of the night was her performance of course. She treated the world to a medley that consisted of 'imagine', 'My Favourite Things', '7 rings' and 'thank, u next'! We're still waiting on a HQ upload on her official channel, but that didn't stop discussion in the thread. Join in above!

Deadline for Ariana Grande: The Singles Rate 2020 is rapidly approaching!

The deadline for Ariana Grande: The Singles Rate 2020 is Monday 3rd February 23:59 aka TOMORROW so please get your rates submitted above soon! We'd love to have as much participation as possible from people across the board so the results are as representative as they can be.

Why does '7 rings' have more views than 'thank u, next'?

This week I asked my burning question in 'why does '7 rings' have more views than 'thank u next'? in the AF and it has resulted in a lot of interesting theories from our posters! If you also have an opinion on the light-hearted debate then be sure to let us know above.

What is Ariana's best solo album?

Last night Jordan Lee started a thread asking us what our favourite Ariana solo album is. So, what is yours? Vote in the poll above and let us know why if you wish!

We finished in 11th place with 25 posts last week in the AF Posters' Chart, our first time outside of the top 10 for a little while, but I'm sure we'll bounce back this week with the amount of chat that has taken place. I'd also like to say thank you as I came 2nd in the BuzzJack Awards for 'Hardest Working AF Moderator' for my contributions in Ariana! Congratulations to Bal over in the Gaga/Madonna/Charli forums for winning and I'll make sure to keep up my passion for the Ariana forum for another year and beyond.

+Quote this post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 05:19 PM