BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ariana addresses chart success and her music ~
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
HauntedHaus
post Sep 15 2019, 05:34 PM
Post #1
Henrietta R Hippo
Group: AF Inner Circle
Member No.: 13,007

👏👏👏👏

We see it far too many times when a song's success influences how people view it in terms of their enjoyment.

Of course it's a bonus, but this comment from her is so spot on!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bloodjerdling
post Sep 15 2019, 05:43 PM
Post #2
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Buzzjack's Sweetheart
Member No.: 12,810

This is such a great attitude! I must admit that it's fantastic to be a fan of Ariana for many reasons and one is that she does often find success with her material. The 'will 'Don't Call Me Angel' get to #1?' edge of the single campaign adds excitement to it, it's a real bonus. But ultimately, I will always value quality over success too.

+Quote Post
Jay ☆
post Sep 16 2019, 03:38 AM
Post #3
"Jayrusaleminians" - Umi.
Group: Chart Mod
Member No.: 3,217

Hire me, Ariana *.*

I agree with her though! I don't let a chart position affect my enjoyment of the song, certainly not anymore. Maybe years ago when I was more chart obsessed I was sometimes guilty of this. Let's say I'd not exactly get much enjoyment out of being a Carly Rae Jepsen fan if I cared too deeply about the charts nowadays lol~

+Quote Post
Jordan Lee
post Sep 16 2019, 12:07 PM
Post #4
Jordan Lee
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 27,116
   No Gallery Pics

Going by chart positions

Two of Arianas #1s (out of her 5 UK #1s to date) are some of my least favourite of her tracks.

So with Ariana some of my favourite tracks by her are either album tracks or smashes what missed #1.

Sometimes it’s hard though to not get caught up in the get this to #1 type talk especially when it’s an artist like Ariana who actually stands a chance of doing so with other people I love though I’d be thrilled if they even made top ten.

But a song being a #1 song wouldn’t make me suddenly love it if I wasn’t keen on it before hand, same as I wouldn’t dislike something I loved if it missed the top 40 Like Love Me Harder still snaps hard for me!

This post has been edited by Jordan Lee: Sep 16 2019, 11:10 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th October 2019 - 10:35 PM