BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Formula 1 // 2012 season
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Nick F1
post Jan 11 2012, 06:27 PM
Post #1
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 5,392

I'm starting new thread with some bad news

Robert Kubica injures leg in fall

Robert Kubica has injured his leg in a fall near his home, with sources close to the Polish driver suggesting that he has reopened a fracture that he sustained in his rally accident last year.

It is understood that Kubica fell over on ice in Pietrasanta, where he lives, and subsequently complained of pain in the right leg which was broken in his crash. He was driven to the local hospital for checks.

Although there has been no official statement, it is understood that it has been found that Kubica has reopened the fracture in his right tibia.

Kubica's latest injury setback comes on the same day that Ferrari played down talk that it was planning to test the Polish driver later this year once he was fully recovered.

Sources suggested that the injury is likely to delay his recovery by at least three weeks.

"That was not on our plan," said Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali at the annual Wrooom media event.

"For sure Robert Kubica is a great driver that had a very severe injuries and at the moment he is still working very hard to try to go back to his normal living.

"So before any kind of thinking or discussion of whatever could be, we need to wait and see. For sure that kind of injury is taking a long time to recover so I can say we will wait and see if he is going to recover, but at the moment there is nothing in place."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/i..._medium=twitter

can't believe it how unlucky he is! sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Jan 11 2012, 06:32 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

Just read this! So unlucky sad.gif

I'm really looking forward to this season though, but I hope this Sky deal doesn't affect things too much as I don't have Sky sad.gif

+Quote Post
Silas
post Jan 11 2012, 06:43 PM
Post #3
Queen of Soon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,474

That really sucks.

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Jan 11 2012, 07:27 PM
Post #4
It's still will be the return of the Mack 4eva
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

How unlucky can Robert get.

If he did return to F1 would he still be the same driver as he was? Look at Massa he hasn't been the same driver since he had that crash in Hungary 2009.

People who don't have Sky

We'll at least have extended highlights to every race that Sky are doing and 10 races live on the BBC. But still it's going to be annoying to not find out the result until the highlights comes.

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Jan 17 2012, 02:43 PM
Post #5
   No Gallery Pics

Bruno Senna today has agreed to drive for Williams this season.

See more at:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97056

Ben Edwards new BBC commentator on his new role and the BBC/Sky deal

This post has been edited by ukchartstatsfan: Jan 17 2012, 02:47 PM

+Quote Post
RabbitFurCoat
post Jan 17 2012, 03:40 PM
Post #6
IncredibleSquirrel
Member No.: 118
   No Gallery Pics

Senna and Maldonado? Dear me, Williams won't be improving anytime soon then! A shame Sutil is such a moron really, he'd surely be a shoo-in.

+Quote Post
KaiserKing
post Jan 18 2012, 08:26 AM
Post #7
New Entry
Member No.: 16,132
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(RabbitFurCoat @ Jan 17 2012, 04:40 PM) *
Senna and Maldonado? Dear me, Williams won't be improving anytime soon then! A shame Sutil is such a moron really, he'd surely be a shoo-in.

Yeah I agree with that. Sutil is a pretty talented driver he is just a bit of a tit. Does anyone know what actually went on in that nightclub? Did he just have a fight with someone or summat?

Would be great to see Kubica back in the cockpit but I agree that it will be difficult and unlikely that he comes back as good as he was before. That has got to play on your nerves surely?

+Quote Post
Silas
post Jan 18 2012, 08:45 AM
Post #8
Queen of Soon

Williams are gonna be wasting a Championship winning engine on that? :/

+Quote Post
ramseydawson
post Jan 18 2012, 09:20 PM
Post #9
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 14,008
   No Gallery Pics

Williams are absolutaly stupid they should of got rid of maldonado got sutil nd kept barricelo for one more season nd then get senna next season

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Jan 20 2012, 02:44 PM
Post #10
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(ramseydawson @ Jan 18 2012, 09:20 PM) *
Williams are absolutaly stupid they should of got rid of maldonado got sutil nd kept barricelo for one more season nd then get senna next season

Don't forgot Maldonado still has that sponsorship money to help Williams. I was surprised that Williams kept him.

Edit:
More problems for Hispania Racing. once again they may not get to the grid

Read this:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/16649348.stm

This post has been edited by ukchartstatsfan: Jan 20 2012, 02:46 PM

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Feb 17 2012, 10:48 AM
Post #11
   No Gallery Pics

Jarno Trulli has been replaced by Vitaly Petrov for Caterham for this season.

Trulli, 37 is without a drive in F1 since Minardi in 1997.

It will be the first time that an Italian driver is not on the grid for the start of a F1 season since 1970.

See more at:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/97552

+Quote Post
Nick F1
post Mar 15 2012, 12:52 PM
Post #12
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 5,392

New season starts in less than 10 hours, will be there prediction game again?

+Quote Post
Pablo
post Mar 18 2012, 03:24 PM
Post #13
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 10,249
   No Gallery Pics

Button was imperious today, I really hope he wins the title this year. Vettel looked decent too, but was helped with Shumacher going out and the safety car. Will be very interesting to see if the pace of Mercedes and Lotus can keep up and challenge Ferrari for third spot. If Massa does not improve his form soon I imagine he will be gone, he was very very poor today.

+Quote Post
RabbitFurCoat
post Mar 18 2012, 08:12 PM
Post #14
IncredibleSquirrel
Member No.: 118
   No Gallery Pics

Massa is truly terrible now. He was never that good anyway, a solid number two that almost got lucky once but since his accident he's been terrible. Last year the only driver you could even possible say was worse than him was Jarno Trulli... Maybe Rubens at a push?

Good race today, I couldn't help but smile at Maldonado though, as harsh as it is! Kimi looks like he'll be able to battle with Alonso and the Mercedes this season. and I really like Ben Edwards on the BBC, the reaction to him was really positive too when I had a quick look at what people were saying.

+Quote Post
Pablo
post Mar 18 2012, 08:48 PM
Post #15
BuzzJack Regular
   No Gallery Pics

Maldonado deserved what he got, since he ran Grosjean off at the very start. Still, its nice to see Williams seemingly competitive again. I am already looking forward to Malaysia. The Sky coverage was good, but the new commentator made a few too many mistakes throughout the race, but it was probably beginner's nerves and all that.

+Quote Post
Silas
post Mar 19 2012, 09:53 AM
Post #16
Queen of Soon

Typical, the minute they take the bloody Renault name out of the team it looks like we might have a fighting chance of having our best season since 05/06. Renault should never have sold their stake in the team.

+Quote Post
ramseydawson
post Mar 22 2012, 07:58 PM
Post #17
BuzzJack Regular
Member No.: 14,008
   No Gallery Pics

Think the race this weekend will be better since grosjean and Schumacher went out early in australia ruining the chances of having someone different in the top 3. So I think we might see a Schumacher, grosjean or Kimi fighting for that 3rd position as well as all the normal contenders.

+Quote Post
Pablo
post Mar 25 2012, 03:11 PM
Post #18
BuzzJack Regular
   No Gallery Pics

After today I will be astounded if Perez isn't in a red car in China. Stunning drive, got the decisions correct bar coming in same lap as Alonso, which if he did he would surely have won the race at a canter, but going on the hard tyres was a great call. His inexperience did show somewhat when he spun behind Alonso at the end. At least he should have plenty of more opportunities to push for victory in the future. I have always tried to defend Massa, but he was frankly embarrassing today. Another lap or 2 on the race and he'd have been lapped.

Unlucky for Jenson, but once again he seemed to have edged Hamilton in terms of race pace, obviously though they were miles apart on the track. Its good to see Red Bull are not going to waltz away this year again, it actually seems like this season could be as unpredictable as 2010.

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Mar 25 2012, 03:16 PM
Post #19
BuzzJack Legend
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

Another incredible grand prix!! I love rain-affected GPs even if it means a red flag stoppage (as long as it gets going again unlike Malaysia 2009) because it always causes chaos when it restarts after today and Canada last year biggrin.gif

Brilliant drives from Alonso and especially Perez! Senna did great too and Force India were the only team with both drivers in the points! cheer.gif

+Quote Post
Pablo
post Apr 15 2012, 12:41 PM
Post #20
BuzzJack Regular
   No Gallery Pics

Well done Nico Rosberg, deserved victory for him this weekend and very pleased he finally managed to get that maiden win. Would have been a more interesting last couple of laps had Button's pitstop not gone awry though, not that today had some of the closest wheel to wheel action I've seen in any race for many years. Schumacher also unlucky, I reckon he was a shoe-in for a podium otherwise.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:11 AM