BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Under The Dome, CBS / Channel 5
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J❄️hq
post 25th June 2013, 04:53 PM
Post #1
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

Based on a novel by Stephen King about the residents of Chester's Mill who get trapped under a dome and cut off from the rest of the world. Started in the US last night to big numbers for a Summer scripted series, got a 13 episode run and already been picked up by Channel 5.

The pilot was fantastic and sets the series up very well. Very gripping from start to finish with many turns, not the normal broadcast fare. Reminds me of "Heroes" in the way it has lots of characters that link together. Can't wait to see how it plays out.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Lovett™
post 25th June 2013, 05:51 PM
Post #2
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 9,344

I've started reading the book and whilst I desperately want to watch this, I don't want to ruin the book! I guess I need to start reading it quicker. sad.gif Glad to hear that the pilot did well though.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post 25th June 2013, 07:48 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2

I've started reading the book too, this is one series I like to get into once it airs. I think its filling the slot once CSI departs on Tuesdays.

+Quote this post
Osiris
post 26th June 2013, 02:09 AM
Post #4
Group icon
Am I a righteous man?
User: 522

Watched the pilot and loved it. Won't say anything though as this seems to be a UK pace thread.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 26th June 2013, 11:08 PM
Post #5
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Ages since I read the book, but they've changed a few things around. Added a few new characters and changed Barbie's backstory significantly in the books he's already a town resident, and is trying to flee the town after a confrontation with Junior, certainly didn't kill anyone either. Rusty is also a completely different character in the book to the TV show.

The pace moved pretty quickly, although a lot happened so quickly so a lot of plot points weren't picked up, although the main three were. Interested to see what direction the show goes, because 13 episodes is a lot. I'm sure the book takes place over about 10 days.

+Quote this post
Lovett™
post 27th June 2013, 12:48 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Rooney @ Jun 27 2013, 12:08 AM) *
Changed Barbie's backstory significantly in the books he's already a town resident, and is trying to flee the town after a confrontation with Junior, certainly didn't kill anyone either.

That's what I was thinking! I got really confused and went back in the book to see if I'd forgotten. A rather unusual change for them to make.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 27th June 2013, 02:31 PM
Post #7
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Lovett™ @ Jun 27 2013, 01:48 PM) *
That's what I was thinking! I got really confused and went back in the book to see if I'd forgotten. A rather unusual change for them to make.

I guess they've done it to make it more exciting. Plus it means Barbie is a bit more mysterious, and there's an actual connection between him and the reporter.

A bit gutted they seemed to have cut a few characters out though, especially the real Rusty. They look like they're developing Junior in a different way too than in the book cos by now he's already killed someone.

+Quote this post
Lovett™
post 27th June 2013, 02:59 PM
Post #8
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member

QUOTE(Rooney @ Jun 27 2013, 03:31 PM) *
They look like they're developing Junior in a different way too than in the book cos by now he's already killed someone.

Yeah I was thinking that as well. I'm interested in seeing how they take it, but it's gonna mess with my head as I'm still reading the book as well. Haha.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 28th June 2013, 02:59 PM
Post #9
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Lovett™ @ Jun 27 2013, 03:59 PM) *
Yeah I was thinking that as well. I'm interested in seeing how they take it, but it's gonna mess with my head as I'm still reading the book as well. Haha.

Sure it's messing with my head too. There's new characters, character changes. For example I can't remember the radio tower people being "main" characters in the book. The book goes very, very dark in places, and I don't think the TV show will go anywhere near that dark judging by the first episode. Enjoy the book, it is brilliant. Honestly in parts the book really gets under your skin with some of the characters' actions.

+Quote this post
troublepink
post 1st July 2013, 05:28 PM
Post #10
Group icon
Beautiful Trauma
User: 590

I read the book a while ago and was addicted to it, couldnt put it down, usually i'm a slow read but it didnt take me long to read this one (I'm reading a book atm which is almost 800 pages long and i'm up to about page 600-something, i started it about a month ago laugh.gif )

Anyway, finally watched the first episode on saturday and thought it was awesome... hate having to download it though, too much messing about for me laugh.gif when is it on tv over in the uk?

+Quote this post
Martyn
post 2nd July 2013, 04:46 PM
Post #11
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66

I really want to see this, but all the places I would usually go to view things like this, have removed all the useful links and you can now only stream if you are in North America. Has something happened...

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post 2nd July 2013, 05:20 PM
Post #12
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
Pronouns: he/him
User: 8,674

You mean Btvguide? I have no idea what happened there but you should check out Primewire.

Enjoyed the second episode but didn't find it as gripping as the first, don't know which characters are my favourites right now as some of the main ones aren't overly likeable.

+Quote this post
Martyn
post 2nd July 2013, 05:51 PM
Post #13
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66

QUOTE(Jáhq @ Jul 2 2013, 06:20 PM) *
You mean Btvguide? I have no idea what happened there but you should check out Primewire.

Enjoyed the second episode but didn't find it as gripping as the first, don't know which characters are my favourites right now as some of the main ones aren't overly likeable.

Yes I did actually lol. Thanks for the advice you're like totally my BFFN.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 3rd July 2013, 03:08 AM
Post #14
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Really enjoying this after the first two episodes. The second episode was a bit cheesy/typical American TV in parts, but still found myself enjoying it. It's interesting as I haven't read the book so I don't know anything about the show at all. Junior's dad is doing my head in though. I don't think I've seen anyone do as much over acting, in any tv show, than he does! laugh.gif

+Quote this post
Cal
post 13th July 2013, 03:51 PM
Post #15
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 5,964

I watched the Pilot without much hope (I'm not really a fan of sci-fi TV) but it was really good. I had no idea Rachelle Lefevre was in it. wub.gif I don't know what to make of the crazy boyfriend/sexytimepartner storyline though.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 4th August 2013, 12:37 AM
Post #16
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

Caught up with this now. I'm getting used to the changes, and it's starting to make sense. Now Jim's started showing his darker side things will start to get a bit more interesting. I can't wait for the town divide to happen.

+Quote this post
Steve D
post 12th August 2013, 12:57 PM
Post #17
Group icon
Is a Moderator :o
User: 7,757

Watched all these episodes within the space of 2 days and I really like it. It's a bit shit in an american broadcast tv (CBS) way but it kind of works because of it.

+Quote this post
Manuel Marino
post 13th August 2013, 11:01 AM
Post #18
Group icon
New Entry
User: 19,665

ok, this must be great. I love Stephen King and "reminds me Heroes" is another good point. I hope to see it soon.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 15th August 2013, 06:35 PM
Post #19
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

I finally finished reading the book a couple of days ago, haven't watched any of the series yet but I hear it's a drag.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 16th August 2013, 02:12 AM
Post #20
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Marina XCX @ Aug 15 2013, 07:35 PM) *
I finally finished reading the book a couple of days ago, haven't watched any of the series yet but I hear it's a drag.

The first few episodes are kinda boring, but I'm really enjoying it now. The characters are more black and white than the book, and there's obviously room for development. i.e Jim Rennie, and even Junior too. In the book you take a disliking to them straight away, but they're so much more ambiguous in the TV show which is good. Dean Norris is just so good. He is by the far the best thing about this show.

+Quote this post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 25th April 2024, 03:40 PM