BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Sons of Anarchy
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Rooney
post 28th December 2013, 08:04 PM
Post #1
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

So I've just started watching this as I needed something new to get in to.

Anyone else watching? Does it get really really good at some point?
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Rickky
post 16th January 2014, 11:18 AM
Post #2
Group icon
New Entry
User: 20,464

Everyone keeps telling me to start watching SOA.. maybe should but so focused on Arrow + Almost Human atm.

+Quote this post
Rickky
post 16th January 2014, 11:18 AM
Post #3
Group icon
New Entry
User: 20,464

Is it that great?? Tension keeps building thrughout seasons ?? any cool twists etc?

This post has been edited by Rickky: 16th January 2014, 11:19 AM

+Quote this post
Severin
post 16th January 2014, 08:35 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Mansonette
User: 9,872

Yes, it is really good. The first season is really just scene setting but after that it really starts to pick up. Season 3 wasn't well loved by everyone due to the story arc but I think that was mainly the US audience. It's probably my favourite season.
Stick with it.

I'm just about to start Season 6 tonight!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 16th January 2014, 09:21 PM
Post #5
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Severin @ Jan 16 2014, 08:35 PM) *
Yes, it is really good. The first season is really just scene setting but after that it really starts to pick up. Season 3 wasn't well loved by everyone due to the story arc but I think that was mainly the US audience. It's probably my favourite season.
Stick with it.

I'm just about to start Season 6 tonight!

Glad I've found another fan! I found Season 1 really slow, but picked up mid-way through. Season 2 was fantastic, Season 3 pretty mixed. I hated a lot of the Ireland scenes, and especially the opening credits! I think the bad guy in Charming just wasn't very menacing, especially not after Weston and Zorbell. Just finished episode 8 of Season 4 now with Piney's death. I'm assuming the pace and tension will only increase now.

+Quote this post
Severin
post 16th January 2014, 09:29 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Mansonette

Yeah it does. Lots of interesting things await you! I won't say anymore as you'd hate me for it

+Quote this post
Severin
post 19th January 2014, 02:36 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Mansonette

Just finished Seasons 6. Literally minutes ago. Still utterly gobsmacked. Such a good show.

As an aside, have you picked up on the Hamlet connection?

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 19th January 2014, 04:52 PM
Post #8
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Severin @ Jan 19 2014, 02:36 PM) *
Just finished Seasons 6. Literally minutes ago. Still utterly gobsmacked. Such a good show.
As an aside, have you picked up on the Hamlet connection?

No I've not picked up on the connection.

I'm up to episode 3 of Season 5 now. Such a good show, it was awful when Pope burned Tig's daughter alive!

+Quote this post
Severin
post 19th January 2014, 06:12 PM
Post #9
Group icon
Mansonette

Yeah. That scene is pretty grim. My girlfriend stopped watching the show after that although Gemma's rape nearly did that too.

Creator Kurt Sutter (Otto) has said that it's all loosely based on Hamlet.
Jax is the young Prince, haunted by his father (John) who was murderedy his brother (Clay) so he could marry the Kings wife (Gemma). There's more but don't look into it o much for risk of possible spoilers.

I can barely wait for the (supposed) final season now. So much has to be resolved.

There's also talk of a prequel show set around the formation of the club in the 60s. Not sure how I feel about that

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 19th January 2014, 06:53 PM
Post #10
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Severin @ Jan 19 2014, 06:12 PM) *
Yeah. That scene is pretty grim. My girlfriend stopped watching the show after that although Gemma's rape nearly did that too.

Creator Kurt Sutter (Otto) has said that it's all loosely based on Hamlet.
Jax is the young Prince, haunted by his father (John) who was murderedy his brother (Clay) so he could marry the Kings wife (Gemma). There's more but don't look into it o much for risk of possible spoilers.

I can barely wait for the (supposed) final season now. So much has to be resolved.

There's also talk of a prequel show set around the formation of the club in the 60s. Not sure how I feel about that

It's grim but effective. In TV the truly bad antagonists do horrible things. I was watching it thinking 'gee'! And then later on they pain him in a good light helping the community. The ambiguous characters are always the best.

Ah that makes sense now, they sure do like calling Jax the Prince! I reckon I'll be up to speed in about two weeks, if not a little longer. Season 4 was my favourite so far, and 5 has started off strong. If it carries on this way with the dangerous stakes then I'm sure I'll love the rest of 5 & Season 6.

+Quote this post
Oliver
post 27th January 2014, 07:15 PM
Post #11
Group icon
Buzzjack's Finest Alcoholic.
User: 15,367

Got the first 5 series' off a mate so going to start watching these soon. happy.gif

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 29th January 2014, 01:51 PM
Post #12
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Oliver @ Jan 27 2014, 07:15 PM) *
Got the first 5 series' off a mate so going to start watching these soon. happy.gif

Do it! It's really really good.

I've just finished episode 10 of Season 6. 3 more episodes to go. I'm usually pretty good with guessing how things are going to plan out, because sometimes you can see the plot devices a mile away, but pretty stumped this time!!

+Quote this post
Severin
post 29th January 2014, 03:17 PM
Post #13
Group icon
Mansonette

QUOTE(Rooney @ Jan 29 2014, 01:51 PM) *
Do it! It's really really good.

I've just finished episode 10 of Season 6. 3 more episodes to go. I'm usually pretty good with guessing how things are going to plan out, because sometimes you can see the plot devices a mile away, but pretty stumped this time!!

Hold on tight. This is where it gets fun!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 1st February 2014, 10:09 PM
Post #14
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Severin @ Jan 29 2014, 03:17 PM) *
Hold on tight. This is where it gets fun!

Finally finished it! Like to see how this is going to play out. Homeless lady must have some part to play, not sure about that part of the story at all.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 6th November 2014, 04:28 PM
Post #15
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

Anyone else watching the final season?

I've found it a bit messy and longwinded, however it's all getting very interesting now. I don't think Jury was the rat either. Excited to see what they do now, can't be too long before Gemma & Juice's secret come out.

+Quote this post
Severin
post 13th December 2014, 11:10 AM
Post #16
Group icon
Mansonette

I'm catching up on it now. I have 3 episodes to go and I'd definitely say the series is weaker without Tara. There's no conflict for Jax now and it's making it a bit less gripping. However it's still among the best shows around. I've just got to Abe's big reveal. Don't think Jax will believe him at first but I'm expecting a great finale.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 13th December 2014, 12:07 PM
Post #17
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

I enjoyed the series finale. You're in for a treat, the peak of the season is the penultimate episode. Only problem with this series is the episodes are just far too long!

Is nice to see the homeless lady finally explained too!

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 20th January 2015, 01:16 AM
Post #18
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Currently watching this myself. Only on Season 1, but I'm really liking it. Some pretty horrible things have happened (the castration, tattoo removal etc..) but I somehow get the feeling they're not the worst of it! laugh.gif Just finished the episode where Jax finished off Tara's stalker. He was such a f***ing creep. Good riddance.

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 20th January 2015, 08:03 AM
Post #19
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING

QUOTE(Jonjo @ Jan 20 2015, 01:16 AM) *
Currently watching this myself. Only on Season 1, but I'm really liking it. Some pretty horrible things have happened (the castration, tattoo removal etc..) but I somehow get the feeling they're not the worst of it! laugh.gif Just finished the episode where Jax finished off Tara's stalker. He was such a f***ing creep. Good riddance.

LOL not even close to the worst of things Jonjo, the worst thing happens in Season 5, not to spoil anything, but you will know when it happens! Good luck it's a great TV show, just make sure you stick with it when it goes a bit mad during the middle of Season 3.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 9th February 2015, 03:20 AM
Post #20
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

I finished season 2 today. So gutting! Obviously I don't know if he's survived or not, yet, but I really hope Prospect has survived. He's my favourite character in this whole show! laugh.gif

+Quote this post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 10:44 PM