BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome, guest! Log in or register. (click here for help)

Latest Site News
> 

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> 'Better Call Saul' • Season 1, Premieres: February 9th (Double episode!)
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Tafty³³³
post 19th June 2014, 11:28 PM
Post #1
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Discuss everything to do with the 'Breaking Bad' spin off in here!

Premiere has been pushed back to early 2015, instead of late 2014 but has already been renewed for a 2nd season!

Either AMC’s suits really like what they have seen of “Better Call Saul“, or they’re hungry for a show that’s virtually guaranteed to arrive with a built-in audience. (Or, just as likely, it’s a little bit of both. ) Whatever the case may be, the basic cable network has already renewed its “Breaking Bad” prequel for a second season.

AMC announced via press release that it has ordered a second, 13-episode season of “Better Call Saul”, which brings the drama’s initial episode order to 23. Additionally, AMC has moved “Better Call Saul’s” premiere date back from the previously announced target of November to early 2015, with season two scheduled to begin in early 2016. The network plans to harness the success of “The Walking Dead” to launch “Saul”. Given the lackluster ratings for its latest drama entry, “Halt and Catch Fire“, this seems like a wise strategy.

“Better Call Saul’s” ten-episode first season commenced production earlier this month in Albuquerque, New Mexico. ”Breaking Bad” creator Vince Gilligan is directing the series premiere, and will share showrunner duties with Peter Gould, who originally created the character of Saul Goodman, played by Bob Odenkirk.

The photo featured here is the first official production photo that AMC has released.
A smart move to push it back for it to coincide with 'The Walking Dead' Season 5, part 2. Interesting that it's already picked up a second season! (Not that it wouldn't have had a second season anyway).
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 20th June 2014, 01:33 PM
Post #2
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Well AMC are truly putting their eggs in the basket with this. Talking Dead runs for an Hour right? I wonder if they might schedule Better Caul Saul at 10pm, and then Talking Dead at 11pm. The latter time, is surely too late for a scripted programme.

Better Call Saul would have good ratings regardless just because of the hype, and the world it's set in. Guess the bigger problem is that the last three scripted shows AMC have produced have been poor/modest ratings.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 21st November 2014, 12:03 AM
Post #3
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

It's coming Feb 9th with a double episode yasss

This post has been edited by ♡ Heezus Froot ♡: 21st November 2014, 12:04 AM

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post 21st November 2014, 12:19 AM
Post #4
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042

Very excited! Really intrigued to see how they pull this off. I'm confident they'll manage it, but I also have that little bit of doubt.

+Quote this post
Jαsє
post 23rd December 2014, 01:26 AM
Post #5
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 14,043

One of my most anticipated shows of 2015, I can't wait!

+Quote this post
Rooney
post 30th May 2015, 10:41 AM
Post #6
Group icon
WINTER IS COMING
User: 88

Finally started watching this! I love it. It's so well made - I love the comedy elements of Saul/Jimmy's character, but it also feels like a proper drama.

I'm near enough certain that Jonathon Banks will be getting an Emmy for his focus episode - it was insane.

+Quote this post
PaPa Ri
post 30th May 2015, 02:04 PM
Post #7
Group icon
JanWasRobbed
User: 8,335

I finished this about a week ago. Couldn't get myself to binge-watch it, but I enjoyed an episode per day. I didn't love it instantly, but it improved a lot episode by episode. Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks and Rhea Seehorn are all excellent. I want more female presence, though.

+Quote this post
lotita
post 14th February 2016, 12:25 PM
Post #8
Group icon
feminist icon
Pronouns: she/her
User: 21,777

Season 2 on February the 16th!!!! very excited cheer.gif

+Quote this post
shmyyy
post 22nd May 2016, 05:24 PM
Post #9
Group icon
New Entry
User: 23,303

Bob Odenkirk is magnificent. It is also great to have a follow-up for breaking bad.

+Quote this post
Kath
post 23rd May 2016, 06:55 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 2,980

QUOTE(shmyyy @ May 22 2016, 06:24 PM) *
Bob Odenkirk is magnificent. It is also great to have a follow-up for breaking bad.

I actually prefer BCS to BB although I love both. I love the opportunity to see more of the fabulous Jonathan Banks as Mike Ehrmantraut. I've already got my Mike Coaster and am waiting for my 'Not A Chance' tee-shirt to arrive.

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) reading this thread
+ 1 guest(s) and 0 anonymous user(s)

Time is now: 26th April 2024, 10:43 AM