BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 'Amy' | 3 July 2015, Winehouse documentary | Asif Kapadia
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Mistletheo
post Apr 29 2015, 08:34 PM
Post #1
IDGAF
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 8,661

I'm not sure whether this is best suited here or in pop but as it primarily is a film, I'll post it here. Asif Kapadia (Senna, The Warrior) has directed a 90-minute documentary of the late Amy Winehouse's life, told in her own words and due to be released in July, as we approach the fourth anniversary of her premature death due to alcohol poisoning.

Everyone knows Amy's story and I'm glad that this is being released, her death is still one that shocks me as she was so young and the media pressure definitely contributed to it. I'm familiar with a couple of her pre-fame interviews, having seen them after her passing, but I'm looking forward to a film told entirely (or so I hope) in her own words. The soundtrack will no doubt be gorgeous as well thanks to the lady herself.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Jul 4 2015, 05:32 PM
Post #2
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

I was never the biggest fan of her music, "Tears Dry On Their Own" is my favourite, but I really wanted to see this regardless because it's such a tragic story.

A sad, interesting watch, you really feel for the poor girl, she really came across as humble and like a normal person. Don't think I could really rank it against everything else I've seen this year because of what it is, but an essential viewing.

+Quote Post
Slade
post Jul 4 2015, 10:16 PM
Post #3
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I already commented on this in the July thread because I didn't realise it had its own thread kink.gif

Anyway though, I saw it yesterday and was quite taken aback by just how raw it was! The lows were just so tragic, yet the highs were so fantastic. I warmed to her as a person so much through her charisma and absolute adoration for her craft. Such a saddening tale but it was really well told, I would definitely recommend it.

+Quote Post
KWEEN_DEE
post Jul 9 2015, 10:01 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 1,030
   No Gallery Pics

I was suppose to go to a private screening of this last week but work clashed, which sucks! I really want to see it!

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Jul 15 2015, 11:17 PM
Post #5
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Member No.: 20,947

What an absolutely fantastic documentary. It was so sad seeing her at her lows but it was great seeing her happy at times and the documentary was incredibly interesting. Highly recommend for all.

And of course the music was excellent wub.gif

+Quote Post
jakewild
post Aug 20 2015, 01:12 PM
Post #6
not 152chris (☻‿☻)
Group: Members
Member No.: 2,790
   No Gallery Pics

QUOTE(barbaric_dan @ Jul 9 2015, 11:01 PM) *
I was suppose to go to a private screening of this last week but work clashed, which sucks! I really want to see it!

dooooo

as has been said it was so tragic but it really have my mates a new found respect for her/her songwriting skills etc. the first shot was so haunting with her singing happy birthday at her friends 14th and you can tell she doesn't even realise how good a voice she has

😓

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Jan 8 2016, 07:35 PM
Post #7
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Member No.: 20,947

This is on primetime TV tonight on Channel 4 at 9PM!
If you have not watched this, I would 100% recommend you check it out because it is an excellent movie and heartbreaking documentary heart.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 01:22 PM