BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> Election TV, with Educating Joey Essex, Charlie Brooker & C4's Alternative
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
Klaus
post Apr 24 2015, 07:43 PM
Post #1
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
User: 17,160

Jeremy Paxman and David Mitchell will host an alternative election night on Channel 4 on May 7th. It will be a mix of comedy and entertainment. Cathy Newman and Gary Gibbon from Channel 4 News will also be there, as well as Adam Hills, Richard Osman and Fonejacker star Kayvan Novak. The Channel 4 News team "will be on the ground in key electoral battlegrounds, reporting right through the night and bringing the latest news and results", with Gibbon and Newman "providing hard-edged commentary on the political story", said the channel. There will also be an election special of 'Gogglebox'.

Channel 4 did a similar thing in 2010 with Mitchell joining Jimmy Carr, Charlie Brooker and Lauren Laverne which lead to '10 O'Clock Live' which is sadly no more sad.gif
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
April
post Apr 24 2015, 08:46 PM
Post #2
Group icon
changed the game with that digital drop
User: 11,905
Channel 4's Alternative Election Night did very well in 2010 - it actually beat ITV in the ratings. Surely it will do even better with Jeremy Paxman on board this time?

+Quote this post
Klaus
post May 4 2015, 11:01 PM
Post #3
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦

He once famously claimed not to know who the Prime Minister is, so it’s safe to say Joey Essex knows little to nothing about politics. Until now. A brand new Educating Joey Essex will see everyone’s favourite Essex boy ditch Dagenham for Downing Street in a bid to boost his political know how but will he learn enough to vote in this year’s General Election?

This one off 60 minute special will challenge Joey to get in touch with the hottest topics in politics, in an effort to understand the issues that affect people of his generation, and ultimately make his decision on whether or not he should vote and if so, who to vote for.

Cameras will be on hand to capture every step of Joey’s induction into politics, as he tours the Houses of Parliament and interviews some of the most influential figures in Westminster.

Currently clueless about who runs the country, Joey will also go in search of each of the political leaders for answers on why he should vote for them.

He visits and interviews Ed Milliband, Nick Clegg and Nigel Farage amongst other people.

Are you a fan of Joey Essex and will you be watching? Or do you wish that he would stop getting so much attention?

Is it making a mockery of the election or do you think it's beneficial for young voters?

+Quote this post
Klaus
post May 6 2015, 01:28 PM
Post #4
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Charlie Brooker's Election Wipe features tonight on BBC Two!

ITV are also showing 'Unforgettable Election Moments: 60 Years On' and the final episode of 'Ballot Monkeys' will be airing tonight too.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post May 6 2015, 04:28 PM
Post #5
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
User: 20,947
Ew Joey Essex

Will definitely be watching the Gogglebox special and maybe some of the news coverage as well

+Quote this post
April
post May 6 2015, 06:39 PM
Post #6
Group icon
Speaking of Election Night, which channel will everyone be watching?

I'm always strictly BBC. I can't deal with the sensationalist Sky News or the minimal ITV. Channel 4 is probably too comedy for me, so BBC it is again.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post May 6 2015, 06:43 PM
Post #7
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
BBC probably

+Quote this post
Brett-Butler
post May 6 2015, 06:56 PM
Post #8
Group icon
Howdy, disco citizens
User: 10,455
BBC probably, although Northern Ireland is getting its own regional coverage, so I don't know if that means we'll get a lot less Dimbleby/Vine/Maitless, or none of them at all. At least I can still pick up the English coverage on the internet.

+Quote this post
April
post May 6 2015, 07:00 PM
Post #9
Group icon
QUOTE(Brett-Butler @ May 6 2015, 07:56 PM) *
BBC probably, although Northern Ireland is getting its own regional coverage, so I don't know if that means we'll get a lot less Dimbleby/Vine/Maitless, or none of them at all. At least I can still pick up the English coverage on the internet.

BBC's will be on BBC News Channel too

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post May 6 2015, 07:08 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
User: 3,272
Definitely the BBC for me.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post May 6 2015, 07:08 PM
Post #11
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Will probably be watching Channel 4 for the start of the evening and then maybe switch over to BBC.

+Quote this post
Martyn
post May 6 2015, 07:21 PM
Post #12
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66
I think channel 4 for the start of the night, as nothing of significance will happen for at least a few hours. With Sunderland South declaring a Labour seat being the first result in more than likely.

+Quote this post
April
post May 6 2015, 07:46 PM
Post #13
Group icon
QUOTE(Martyn @ May 6 2015, 08:21 PM) *
I think channel 4 for the start of the night, as nothing of significance will happen for at least a few hours. With Sunderland South declaring a Labour seat being the first result in more than likely.

The first 30 mins or so will be speculating after the exit poll result on the newsier offerings, which in 2010 was extremely accurate. So it might be worth at least watching the first few minutes to see the exit poll announced at 10pm.

+Quote this post
Martyn
post May 6 2015, 07:49 PM
Post #14
Group icon
BuzzJack Platinum Member
User: 66
QUOTE(April @ May 6 2015, 08:46 PM) *
The first 30 mins or so will be speculating after the exit poll result on the newsier offerings, which in 2010 was extremely accurate. So it might be worth at least watching the first few minutes to see the exit poll announced at 10pm.

All I remember about that night is throwing something at my friends then fiance now husband.

+Quote this post
Klaus
post May 10 2015, 10:42 AM
Post #15
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
Charlie Brooker's Election Wipe was hilarious, spot on at so many moments and Philomena Cunk just keeps on giving! laugh.gif

I watched the start of the Alternative Election Night on Channel 4 and whilst it was very funny in many parts, it was disappointing that they weren't too focused on the actual election results. Many of the results took their time to show up on there and they only mentioned who won rather than talking about places where UKIP came second or Lib Dems came last. I know the point of it was to provide humour but there could have been a bit more focus on the point of the programme!

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post May 10 2015, 09:38 PM
Post #16
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
Did anyone else see The Vote, a live broadcast of a play from the London stage on More4? It was set in a polling station in the final hours before the poll closes. I've just seen it and really enjoyed it. It had a fantastic cast, including Mark Gatiss, Bill Paterson, Timothy West and the ever-wonderful Judi Dench who, naturally, stole the show.

+Quote this post
UltraCruelSummer
post May 10 2015, 10:36 PM
Post #17
Group icon
It's a cruel summer.
QUOTE(Suedehead2 @ May 10 2015, 10:38 PM) *
Did anyone else see The Vote, a live broadcast of a play from the London stage on More4? It was set in a polling station in the final hours before the poll closes. I've just seen it and really enjoyed it. It had a fantastic cast, including Mark Gatiss, Bill Paterson, Timothy West and the ever-wonderful Judi Dench who, naturally, stole the show.

I was thinking of watching it but didn't get a chance sad.gif

I flicked between Channel 4 for comedy and BBC1 for facts between 9-1:30 before I needed to sleep as had 2 exams drama.gif I loved C4's commentary and found it funny though I wish they talked more about the actual results and showing who had got a seat when the place had announced it and I also really liked all of BBC1's graph and information as it was really informative.

+Quote this post
Suedehead2
post May 10 2015, 11:01 PM
Post #18
Group icon
BuzzJack Legend
QUOTE(Ultraviolence1989 @ May 10 2015, 11:36 PM) *
I was thinking of watching it but didn't get a chance sad.gif

I flicked between Channel 4 for comedy and BBC1 for facts between 9-1:30 before I needed to sleep as had 2 exams drama.gif I loved C4's commentary and found it funny though I wish they talked more about the actual results and showing who had got a seat when the place had announced it and I also really liked all of BBC1's graph and information as it was really informative.

The Vote is still on 4OD, so you can still see it. If you want comedy from an election programme, you should enjoy it biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Klaus
post May 10 2015, 11:06 PM
Post #19
Group icon
❤️❤️➕🟦
I'm hoping I can catch 'The Vote' at some point!

+Quote this post

Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 user(s) are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:00 PM