Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 'Spotlight' | JAN 2016, Stars: Michael Keaton; Mark Ruffalo; Rachel McAdams; Liev Schrieber
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
post Sep 17 2015, 02:56 AM
Post #1
Together we are more.
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 5,042

Based on the unveiling of child molestation inside Catholic Archdiocese, by the small Newspaper - 'The Boston Globe'. Been doing the rounds lately due to premiering at Toronto Film Festival and it's been getting some brilliant reviews. Seems like a performance heavy film and not one of them (judging by the trailer) looks to be a weak link.

Looks very tense and gripping!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Sep 17 2015, 06:33 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 223

This looks really good and I love Rachel McAdams!
+Quote Post
post Jan 29 2016, 05:46 PM
Post #3
I'm just going to the STORE
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Definitely my pick out of what appear to be the three Best Picture front-runners (this, The Revenant and The Big Short). Interesting and gripping throughout. Mark Ruffalo was the stand-out if I were to single anyone out so I'd say he deserves his nom, Rachel McAdams..not to discredit her work, but that choice seems a bit more odd.

I liked (for want of a better word given the subject matter) how it went around different people to give an insight, talking to different victims and even having a scene with a priest giving his view etc.
+Quote Post
post Feb 12 2016, 11:58 AM
Post #4
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 20,692
   No Gallery Pics

Like Jahq says, this is definitely my favourite of the three front-runners but I'm a bit worried it won't win/feels like the hype is fading.

It was so hard to watch at times and the numbers of victims just kept on increasing throughout the film which was heartbreaking, I love way they did so many interviews without shying away from what happened was really tough to watch. After the list at the end, the whole audience just sat in stunned silence at how common it was and the way the Church just disguised it and relocated the priests.

Acting was excellent throughout too, Mark Ruffalo might be my pick now for supporting actor, the short 'it could have been any of us' argument was excellently acted, shame he probably won't win after two great performances in a row after this and Foxcatcher.
+Quote Post
post Feb 29 2016, 06:48 PM
Post #5
alimony butterflies
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 4,397

3 replies ;_;
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th October 2016 - 02:30 AM