BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Buzzjack Razzies 2016: Nominations Presentation, Finished | Allegiant & DC Dominate the Nominations!
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
UltraReputation
post Feb 3 2017, 08:10 PM
Post #1
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

Hello and welcome to the Razzies 2016 nominations presentation which will kick off later today! ?? of you have hated on some of 2016's best films so be prepared for shocks, surprises and a lot of horrific, dreadful films (and a couple good) dominating when we go through the 16 awards. This will hopefully be entertaining and hopefully fun, if people comment and join in, during the nomination reveal.

Also interestingly there is at least one case of a film appearing in the same category at the Razzies & the Oscars!! Any predictions?!

This will start about 9pm tonight- with Josh kicking off the hosting! I'll be joining in some point later tonight!
Schedule:
Friday Evening (Tonight)- 20 Categories: 10 each - 6 Razzies Categories, 9 Oscar Categories, 5 Best Film Nominees
Saturday (Afternoon- Me)- 15 Categories: 5 Razzies, 10 Oscars + Best Films Nominees
Saturday (Evening- Josh- 10PM so plz be around!)- 15 Categories: 5 Razzies, 10 Oscars + Best Films Nominees

Hope you enjoy and in the meantime predict what you think will get nominated!

Also please remember to vote in the tie-breakers (Here: http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=197576), they will be closing some point Saturday afternoon so last chance to get your voice heard!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Feb 3 2017, 08:14 PM
Post #2
c:
Member No.: 20,692

Hype, will hopefully get the ball rolling soon so please tune in! Some exciting results on the way and UV hasn't revealed after the Oscars noms to me yet so I'm buzzed to see them laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Feb 3 2017, 08:35 PM
Post #3
c:

Let's Go!!

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

- Cara Delevigne - Suicide Squad -
- Olivia Munn - X-Men: Apocalyspe -
- Rebel Wilson - How to Be Single -
- Sky Ferreira - The Green Inferno -

So our first category of the night is for the four ladies nominated for WORST supporting actress by you guys. Cara Delevigne was pretty much regarded as one of the worst things in Suicide Squad and I'd have to agree there, she doesn't seem like the most natural actress anyway and the weird character choices didn't help. I didn't find Olivia Munn that bad in X-men but she was a little dull and she didn't capture how badass the character can really be. I've not seen The Green Inferno but by this nomination it seems she should probably stick to singing. Rebel Wilson was pretty great in How to Be Single and is the first nomination of the night that I disagree with, seems some of you guys agree as she is in the current tie-break round for BEST supporting actress too at the positive Movie awards! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Feb 3 2017, 08:53 PM
Post #4
c:

WORST DIRECTOR

- Zack Snyder - Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice -
- Babak Najafi - London Has Fallen -
- Eli Roth - The Green Inferno -
- Ariel Vromen - Criminal -
- Ben Stiller - Zoolander 2 -
- David Ayer - Suicide Squad -
- Robert Schwentke - Allegiant -

Some pretty terrible films here and I think pretty much all of them got terrible reviews so no surprises here. Zack Snyder and David Ayer have almost collectively doomed the DC Cinematic Universe before it has even properly begun and they will have to work hard to bring the fans back around. The Green Inferno doesn't seem to be too popular tonight so I guess it must be pretty bad. Ben Stiller also tried starring in and directing Zoolander 2 and did pretty badly doing both, will he be able to do the thing nobody wants to get and get both a worst actor AND director nomination here?

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Feb 3 2017, 09:06 PM
Post #5
c:

WORST ACTOR

- Woody Harrelson - Now You See Me 2 -
- Kevin Costner - Criminal -
- Gerard Butler - London Has Fallen -
- Owen Wilson - Zoolander 2 -

There seems to be a bit of a recurring theme already tonight with films not getting much love. Zoolander 2 manages to pick up 2 nominations in just this category alone with its two leads, it worked well in the first film but I don't think anyone was asking for a sequel and it turned out to be very disappointing and the acting laughably bad. Woody Harrelson usually puts in some good performances but whoever suggested the twin thing going on in Now You See Me 2 really ought to be fired, awful idea. Criminal and London Has Fallen don't seem to be very popular either although I haven't seen the former so can't really comment on it. London Has Fallen was really bad but I actually quite like Gerard Butler, he knows how to sell a F-tier action movie and make his parts at least a little more enjoyable to watch in my opinion.

That's it for my section of the reveals here tonight, I think Sam still has some to post later but move over to the Buzzjack Movie Awards thread soon for some reveals there!

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Feb 3 2017, 09:10 PM
Post #6
Together we are more.
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 5,042

Not here for Olivia Munn's nomination! sad.gif

+Quote Post
Regina
post Feb 3 2017, 09:19 PM
Post #7
Ooga Boo
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,572

Olivia was the BEST part of Apocalypse drama.gif Psylocke was always a quiet badass anyway.

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Feb 3 2017, 09:26 PM
Post #8

Olivia & especially Rebel shouldn't be there! Cara to walk that category please!

That's 4/5 of my Worst Actor line-up, Costner is probably the worst but the Zoolander pair and Gerard Butler bloody run him close, all horrendous!

Will be continuing with the rest for tonight from now!

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Feb 3 2017, 09:42 PM
Post #9

Let's Continue!!

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR

- Jared Leto - Suicide Squad -
- Jesse Eisenberg - Batman Vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice -
- Johnny Depp- Alice Through The Looking Glass -
- Theo James - Allegiant -

So we kick off with my first category where we arrive at Worst Supporting Actor! And all these performances are utterly shit so WD Buzzjack *.* First up we have Jared Leto's appearance in Suicide Squad, which was quite frankly shockingly shit. Leto basically makes random literally cameo appearances throughout the film and does nothing in the final cut apart from be weird and randomly crazy. However he's not the worst DC Villain of the year which says it all, that title can go to Jesse Eisenberg's laughably bad Lex Luthor who comes of more laughable than scary and he really is horrific in this. Then we have Johnny Depp giving one of his creepiest (and not in a good way) performances yet in Alice Through The Looking Glass- a film I actually loved and find really underrated- but Johnny Depp was the main negative about it. I kind of enjoyed him as the Mad Hatter in the first one but this performance was too much! I'm glad he wasn't in it too much though cause he was awful. And then we have Theo James being bland af (but hot at least) in the 3rd entry of the Divergent trilogy which has sunk even lower than possibly imagined that they aren't even completing the series with just one more film that is meant to occur! All deserving nominations!

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Feb 3 2017, 09:46 PM
Post #10
c:

I quite liked both DC villains as supporting actors sad.gif I think The Joker is such a fun character that I just loved seeing him on screen and Jesse Eisenberg was a fun villain too, not particularly menacing but still enjoyable watch.

On the other side, Johnny Depp was SOOOO irritating as The Mad Hatter and really deserves to win here and yeah, Theo James is so bland and is outshone so much by Shailene Woodley in every scene in the Divergent movies.

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Feb 3 2017, 09:51 PM
Post #11

WORST SCREENPLAY

- Allegiant -
- Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice -
- London Has Fallen -

How the f*** did Criminal miss out here?? HOW THE f*** DID ZOOLANDER 2 MISS THIS??? Both of those should have rly been competing here, there scripts are horrendous! Though to say that this final 3 don't have awful scripts would also be a lie. London Has Fallen is probably the worst for obvious reasons, just awful in every way. Batman vs. Superman is a mess and the script plotting is one of the main reasons, the first hour is deathly dull, though it isn't as dull as Allegiant's script which is like a shitty TV movie script and also makes little sense. More rubbish *.* Doing well again Buzzjack!

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Feb 3 2017, 10:02 PM
Post #12
c:

Yeah, I liked BvS but the script was probably one of the worst things about it and the Martha moment really turned into quite the laughing stock. Allegiant was just terrible in all aspects though and I think will be my vote to win the award. London Has Fallen was bad but I don't even remember the screenplay, just explosion after explosion...

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Feb 3 2017, 10:03 PM
Post #13

WORST ACTRESS

- Kate Mara - Morgan
- Natalie Dormer - The Forest
- Sarah Wayne Callies - The Other Side of the Door
- Shailene Woodley - Allegiant

Mixed category here for me! Haven't seen 'Morgan' yet but Kate Mara picks up her 2nd Razzie nomination in two years, this nomination though will probably be a lot less controversial than her undeserved nomination for 'The Martian' last year! I LOVED Natalie Dormer in The Forest, a really underrated horror flick, so annoyed to see her up here and really hope she doesn't win! I thought she was really good in it and the best part of the film! Shailene Woodley was also ok in Allegiant but I didn't think she was too good in Allegiant whereas I loved her in the first two Divergent films, it felt like she kinda gave up by this point! So the only performance I didn't like here was Sarah Wayne Callies in The Other Side Of The Door, a shitty horror film and she just wasn't very good in it at all so she's my vote for the winner here!

That's it for the Razzies tonight probably, come back tomorrow for more!

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Feb 3 2017, 10:07 PM
Post #14
c:

Aw, poor Kate Mara getting two nominations in two years here, she really isn't that bad but I'll admit that I have not seen Morgan yet either so maybe she is in that film :') Johnny Depp too getting two nominations in two years for Mortdecai and now Alice Through the Looking Glass!

I'm not really sure who to vote for in this category, I'm not a fan of horror so I've actually only seen Allegiant of the lot and whilst I agree with Sam that she wasn't as good here as she was in the first two, I still think she was easily the best thing about the whole movie and doesn't deserve to win the award really sad.gif

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Feb 4 2017, 01:02 AM
Post #15

NOMINATIONS SO FAR:

Worst Actor:
- Woody Harrelson - Now You See Me 2 -
- Kevin Costner - Criminal -
- Gerard Butler - London Has Fallen -
- Owen Wilson - Zoolander 2 -

Worst Actress:
- Kate Mara - Morgan -
- Natalie Dormer - The Forest -
- Sarah Wayne Callies - The Other Side of the Door -
- Shailene Woodley - Allegiant -

Worst Supporting Actor:
- Jared Leto - Suicide Squad -
- Jesse Eisenberg - Batman Vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice -
- Johnny Depp- Alice Through The Looking Glass -
- Theo James - Allegiant -

Worst Supporting Actress:
- Cara Delevigne - Suicide Squad -
- Olivia Munn - X-Men: Apocalyspe -
- Rebel Wilson - How to Be Single -
- Sky Ferreira - The Green Inferno -

Worst Director:
- Zack Snyder - Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice -
- Babak Najafi - London Has Fallen -
- Eli Roth - The Green Inferno -
- Ariel Vromen - Criminal -
- David Ayer - Suicide Squad -
- Robert Schwentke - Allegiant -

Worst Screenplay:
- Allegiant -
- London Has Fallen -

Nomination Tally SO FAR:
Allegiant - 4
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn Of Justice - 3
London Has Fallen - 3
Suicide Squad - 3
Zoolander 2 - 3
Criminal - 2
The Green Inferno - 2
Alice Through The Looking Glass - 1
How To Be Single - 1
Morgan - 1
Now You See Me 2 - 1
The Forest - 1
The Other Side Of The Door - 1
X-Men: Apocalypse - 1

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Feb 4 2017, 01:05 PM
Post #16

WORST ACTION FILM

- Gods Of Egypt -
- London Has Fallen -
- Suicide Squad -

Most of the obvious bunch pop up again here in best action! The two DC films earn another deserved nod - Suicide Squad though proving to be INCREDIBLY decisive as it pops up in the same category at the Oscars for Best Action film! - alongside London Has Fallen which really deserves the win here! Rounding us off we have Gods Of Egypt with its only nomination I think, surprised it didn't get more but I guess many of us, including myself, haven't seen it but the film got a critical battering on release!

+Quote Post
Regina
post Feb 4 2017, 02:22 PM
Post #17
Ooga Boo
Group: Members
Member No.: 5,572

BvsS gets too much hate sad.gif

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Feb 4 2017, 02:43 PM
Post #18

WORST SCI-FI/THRILLER FILM

- Allegiant -
- Criminal -
- Independence Day: Resurgence -

3 films enter the category for worst sci-fi/thriller film, and one of these is way worse than the other two! Independence Day: Resurgence isn't anything to write home about but I found it quite fun and wouldn't have it in my worst 20 of the year so I believe it shouldn't be here and horrors like the likes of Misconduct and others should be here instead of it! Allegiant was crap, as I've wrote for so many awards its been up for so far in this results presentation! Though the winner here has to surely be the shockingly horrendous 'Criminal' which I genuinely think is one of the worst films I have ever seen!

Worst song next!

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Feb 4 2017, 02:47 PM
Post #19

WORST SONG

- Purple Lamborghini - Skrillex (Suicide Squad)-
- Meteorite - Years & Years (Bridget Jones's Baby) -
- Sucker for Pain - Lil Wayne (Suicide Squad) -

Was it just me who voted here???! Perfect nominations! All 3 are utterly shite and Sucker For Pain is probably the worst offender of the three! So so deserved noms *.*

Worst Rip-Off etc coming up next!

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Feb 4 2017, 04:04 PM
Post #20

Any comments?! x

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 05:18 AM