BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oscars Review: 2015 - Best Supporting Actor
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jo...shh! It...
post Apr 7 2017, 07:35 AM
Post #1
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

OSCARS 2015
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR

The nominees were:
J. K. Simmons "Whiplash"
Robert Duvall "The Judge"
Ethan Hawke "Boyhood"
Edward Norton "Birdman"
Mark Ruffalo "Foxcatcher"

What were your favourites? What was unfairly snubbed? Who shouldn't have even been here in the first place?

Here are some of the other nominees from major awards from the same year:
Golden Globes
J. K. Simmons "Whiplash"
Ethan Hawke "Boyhood"
Edward Norton "Birdman"

BAFTAS
J. K. Simmons "Whiplash"
Steve Carrell "Foxcatcher"
Ethan Hawke "Boyhood"
Edward Norton "Birdman"

SAG Awards
J. K. Simmons "Whiplash"
Ethan Hawke "Boyhood"
Edward Norton "Birdman"

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Regina
post Apr 7 2017, 06:11 PM
Post #2
Ooga Boo
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 5,572

I think it was only ever gonna be JK laugh.gif but Edward Norton is a damn fine actor and deserces to win an Oscar.

+Quote Post
Jo...shh! It...
post Apr 7 2017, 10:13 PM
Post #3
c:
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,692

My ranking:
01 J. K. Simmons "Whiplash"
02 Edward Norton "Birdman"
03 Ethan Hawke "Boyhood"
04 Mark Ruffalo "Foxcatcher"

I couldn't really give it to any else apart from JK despite all the others being great, he was SUCH a scene stealer! Every line was delivered perfectly too, so menacing but really funny at times too. Like Grant said, Edward Norton really should win an Oscar some time in the near future as he's pretty much always great, he was my favourite performance from anyone in the cast in Birdman too but JK was untouchable this year really. I also really like Ethan Hawke and actually preferred him over Arquette in Boyhood, he'd probably be my top choice in some other recent years but it was a strong year for the men this year really! Foxcatcher is actually one of my favourite Ruffalo performances but he was perhaps a little overshadowed by Carrell really, he'd have won the next year for Spotlight for me though so it's not all bad laugh.gif

I've not seen The Judge but I've seen clips of Robert Duvall in it and he doesn't seem THAT special. I'd probably have preferred Steve Carrell to make it in the supporting category over Duvall like he did at the BAFTAs and therefore one of David Oyelowo, Ralph Fiennes or Jake Gyllenhaal could've made it in the lead category. With Carrell in this category, it would've been a REALLY strong set of nominees in both male acting categories imo.

+Quote Post
Jonjo
post Apr 8 2017, 03:34 AM
Post #4
Together we are more.
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 5,042

Yeah, JK really deserved it this particular year. Brilliant performance, although Ed Norton was fairly close imo! The rest (bar Robert Duvall - who I haven't seen in 'The Judge' so can't comment) were fairly standard, throwaway performances. I still think 'Boyhood' (as good as it was) was quite overrated in terms of the performances..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2017 - 06:19 AM