BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jupiter 2017: Week #40, an unexpected trip // + links + writeup
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
FreddyVsJupiter
post Oct 3 2017, 02:05 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

HAIM hold steady at the top this week while a Jhene Aiko invasion following her surprise-released second studio album Trip sees the R&B songstress notching up four new entries. Zayn and Sia also come close to challenging for the top spot.

Sia’s Hilltop Hoods feature doubles her up in the top ten this week and puts her onto the leaderboard for the artist with the most top 10s this year, this week gaining her 3rd and 4th entries. Lana Del Rey and Nicki Minaj co-lead the pack with six top tens respectively in 2017. Aiko’s OLLA, debuting straight in at 5, also elevates her up the list. The top 10 this week has a bunch of new entries as Tori Amos ascends, joined by brand new tunes from Young Summer, Simian Ghost, and Una Healy who lands a second solo, extending her lead as the most successful ex-Saturday by far on my personals.

Girl groups gain another peak this week as Fifth Harmony’s Angel rises to become the group’s highest charter for me since Worth It. There’s also a whole bunch of other brand new entries, from the likes of Charli XCX, Fall Out Boy, Calvin Harris, another for Sia, Jessie Ware, Niall Horan, Elbow, and SZA, among others which I won’t go into here as there’s so many of them.
All new entries will be getting individual video links and a bit of commentary later on in the week, so check back and that’ll save you having to search them out individually, I’ll update the thread title accordingly when those are done.
For now, the top 40 for this final week of September 2017:

01 HAIM - Nothing's Wrong [24-3-1-1]
02 Zayn ft. Sia - Dusk Till Dawn [12-2]
03 Nelly Furtado - Magic [29-1-2-3]
04 George Maple - Hero [13-4-4]
05 Jhene Aiko ft. TWENTY88 - OLLA (Only Lovers Left Alive) [N]
06 Tori Amos - Wildwood [17-6]
07 Hilltop Hoods ft. Sia - I Love It Restrung [22-7]
08 Una Healy - SOS [N]
09 Young Summer - Fallout [N]
10 Simian Ghost - When You're Ready [N]
11 Giorgio Moroder ft. Marlene - I Do This For You [20-14-11]
12 Stefflon Don ft. French Montana - Hurtin' Me [13-10-18-12]
13 Lady Antebellum - Army [11-5-6-13]
14 Fifth Harmony - Angel [25-14]
15 Fergie ft. Nicki Minaj - You Already Know [25-8-15]
16 LissA ft. Philip Nolan - Some of Me [33-23-16]
17 SZA - 20 Something [N]
18 tyDi ft. Lola Rhodes - Beautiful War [34-18]
19 Dev - All I Wanna Do [30-19]
20 Rebecca & Fiona x Mwuana - Sayonara [21-29-20]
21 The Corrs - With Me Stay [34-31-21]
22 Veela - Hang Up [26-8-7-22]
23 Charli XCX - Blame It On You [N]
24 Ghosted ft. Kamille - Get Some [N]
25 Fall Out Boy - The Last of the Real Ones [N]
26 Calvin Harris ft. Kehlani + Lil Yachty - Faking It [N]
27 Sia - Rainbow [N]
28 Maroon 5 ft. SZA - What Lovers Do [40-36-28]
29 Krewella x Cloudsz - Be There [N]
30 Jhene Aiko - When We Love [N]
31 Chase & Status ft. Emeli Sande - Love Me More [14-5-7-3-31]
32 Lady Gaga ft. Florence - Hey Girl [12-10-32]
33 Black Kids - IFFY [33-16-16-33]
34 Jessie Ware - Alone [N]
35 Fifth Harmony - Make You Mad [N]
36 The Rasmus - Nothing [N]
37 Niall Horan - Too Much To Ask [N]
38 Elbow - Magnificent (She Says) [N]
39 Jhene Aiko ft. Big Sean - Moments [N]
40 Jhene Aiko - Jukai [N]

#1s this year:
Fickle Friends – Brooklyn (2)
Dua Lipa – Be The One (3)
Ed Sheeran – Castle On the Hill (1)
Tal – Slow Down the Flow (1)
Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa – Scared To Be Lonely (2)
Katy Perry ft. Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm (2)
Calvin Harris ft. Frank Ocean + Migos – Slide (2)
Nicki Minaj ft. Drake + Lil Wayne – No Frauds (1)
Era Istrefi ft. Felix Snow – Redrum (2)
Chainsmokers ft. Jhené Aiko – Wake Up Alone (3)
Lady Gaga – The Cure (1)
Wale ft. Major Lazer, Dua Lipa + WizKid – My Love (1)
Syn Cole ft. Nevve – Sway (2)
Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan – There For You (1)
Little Mix ft. Stormzy – Power (2)
Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan – There For You (1)
Jax Jones ft. Demi Lovato + Stefflon Don – Instruction (1)
DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna + Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts (1)
The XX – Seasons Run (1)
Inna ft. Erick – Ruleta (1)
Lana Del Rey – Cherry (2)
DJ Cassidy ft. Grace + Lil Yachty – Honor (1)
Lana Del Rey ft. Stevie Nicks – Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems (1)
Pink – What About Us (2)
Nelly Furtado – Magic (1)
HAIM – Nothing’s Wrong (~)

Where can you see what I’m listening to? My spotify A-List playlist = {click here}

This post has been edited by FreddyVsJupiter: Oct 9 2017, 07:56 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FreddyVsJupiter
post Oct 9 2017, 07:54 AM
Post #2
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

I finally have some time to pop a few links in! Although, I also blame you bunch for not commenting and letting this sink off the front page of the forum so I don't remember I haven't finished it tongue.gif

Can honestly say this week's top 5 are five of my absolute top songs of the year. Jhene Aiko's second album is wonderful; a concept album that follows a story and consistent theme(s) across 22 (!) tracks with some great features, while dipping into genres outside the chilly R&B she's best known for as a soloist. Four tracks from the album debut this week, and, as I'm doing this a little late, I know that the following week sees several of those tracks surge to even higher positions, too. Tori Amos also scores a debut top ten this week with Wildwood, while Stefflon Don and Rebecca & Fiona continue to yo-yo up and down the top 20.

Let's get to some brand newies then.

A selection of the Aiko section, based on what's available on youtube and not to overload y'all. Aiko's new tracks this week debut at #5, #30, #39 and #40 respectively, bringing her tally of top 40s this year to an impressive nine.

Niall and Una Healy provide this week with a nice Irish pop complement at either end of the top 40, with their respective second charters, coincidentally. The Corrs will soon be debuting a brand new entry too, adding to the pile. Fifth Harmony are also pop so I've stuck them in here. Despite my dismissiveness towards their latest album...and them..., self-titled has landed more charting songs than any of their previous efforts, surprisingly enough.

Just a few in this week's group are pop dance, with the latest Calvin and Ghosted doing the rounds on music channels this week. Krewella's more to the indie dance side of things but it might as well stick in here alongside the other synthers.

Which leaves this week's indie section, the largest of the bunch. Top 10 debuts for Young Summer and Simian Ghost give the latter a debut and the former a fourth running. Elbow and The Rasmus also manage a second this year each, surprising in the latter's case as they've been off the radar for so long and in the former's case as its not normally the kind of tune that catches me, being a slower effort without any interesting elements particularly, but it's been on my B-list for a while now and sneaks in this week. Jessie Ware's Alone also debuts this week, giving her a first for the year, but as there's no video available as yet I'll stick in a plug for Tori Amos, as I never got the link for that up last week. Enjoy xo

And that's the week. Comments or thoughts welcome, and also on the following week's chart which will be up today as well tongue.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2017 - 04:09 PM