BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread
> American Horror Story: Murder House, Season 1
Track this thread - Email this thread - Print this thread - Download this thread - Subscribe to this forum
J❄️hq
post Nov 6 2011, 07:33 PM
Post #1
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
User: 8,674

Right, this already seems to have some fans on here so I thought it was time for a thread in time for the UK premiere tomorrow night at 10pm on FX. Basically it's some crazy ass shit, even if it isn't scary as such it's brilliant with how MENTAL it all seems. All from Ryan Murphy, creator of Glee (and Nip/Tuck).

So basically people, if you haven't already been keep tracking at US pace, mark it in your planners for tomorrow.
Go to the top of this page

+Quote this post
jark
post Nov 6 2011, 07:35 PM
Post #2
Group icon
something you consider rare
User: 2,990
Great show. Jessica Lange was born to play the role of Constance! I guess this topic is UK pace? So anyone watching at US pace should employ spoilers.

My only problem with it is that I find Connie Britton's character way too cold. She's impossible to like.

+Quote this post
Qween
post Nov 6 2011, 07:54 PM
Post #3
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
User: 11,709
Oh I agree very much, she's a bit of a bitch most of the time and not the fabulous kind either.

Constance is LIFE though, amazing acting from Jessica Lange.

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Nov 6 2011, 08:08 PM
Post #4
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
I'm so looking forward to see this.

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 7 2011, 01:26 AM
Post #5
Group icon
I found the love, I found the love in me
Pronouns: He/Him
User: 5,042
My favourite new show of the season. No contest. I'm really getting into it and I'm gutted to hear about Tate! ohmy.gif He's probably the most interesting thing about this show! Particularly these last couple of episodes! His story is keeping me intrigued. They BETTER bring him back at some point though.

I also agree with Jark on Connie Britton's character. She's the only thing that lets this down for me.

+Quote this post
LUKΞ
post Nov 8 2011, 01:24 PM
Post #6
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
User: 3,609
My favourite new show as well! It's a must-see show! heart.gif Constance/Jessica Lange is (and will continue to be, as far as I can tell you) incredible!

+Quote this post
Mart!n
post Nov 8 2011, 01:45 PM
Post #7
Group icon
Infamy Infamy they all got it in for me
User: 2
Loved it, I was hooked from start to finish, can't wait to see the next episode, I love the light humour in it as well, it had a few scare out moments. Jessica Lange was a dream to watch, perfect in her role, the bondage guy just freaked me out.

I also agree with Jark on Connie Britton's character.

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Nov 10 2011, 09:43 PM
Post #8
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
What an episode #6 was, I think it was my favourite so far. Great to see some of Tate's backstory and what a revelation it was, seems we're finally starting to get some answers.

As for Connie Britton, I don't mind her, she seems to be the only sane one in the show (well, apart from actually eating the brain?) and amongst all the other people, I think that bit of balance is needed.

Actually got a slight scare for perhaps the first time in one of Eric Stonestreet's scenes - he seemed to do pretty well. The cast and guest stars seem pretty much perfect.

+Quote this post
randomfurlong
post Nov 11 2011, 12:26 AM
Post #9
Group icon
musing
User: 13,969
I can't agree at all on Connie Britton. I'd always heard she was wonderful on Friday Night Lights, but never actually seen her before - and I think she's lovely, the obvious way 'in' to the show, though still of course slightly brittle and befuddled. I like her much more than Dylan McDermott's character.

Excited to see Sarah Paulson show up this week too! Such good guest stars they have, though once again it was really Jessica Lange bringing it this week.

+Quote this post
LUKΞ
post Nov 11 2011, 08:49 PM
Post #10
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
Yeah Jáhq, the Tate's backstory was pretty good, I think it answered some questions, but Vivien eating a brain was disgusting, wasn't it? Constance knows what is the best for the children biggrin.gif

I still like Vivien/Connie more and more wub.gif

This post has been edited by Luke_cz: Nov 11 2011, 08:51 PM

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Nov 11 2011, 08:55 PM
Post #11
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
I'm not great with anything bloody or even talking about blood sometimes so I had to turn away in scenes such as Violet self-harming but I strangely didn't mind watching the part with the brain.

I agree with David regarding Dylan McDermott, he's my least favourite by quite a way.

+Quote this post
GrAmii
post Nov 12 2011, 12:48 PM
Post #12
Group icon
Imma gonz Blue Waffle ya up bitch!
User: 30
I may need to check this out again. I didn't get through the pilot. I don't know why. The story seemed good but the characters were so unlikeable. It's a shame as I was really looking forward to it but it didn't meet my expectations sad.gif

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Nov 15 2011, 11:13 PM
Post #13
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
I know someone mentioned before about what ratings it'll acheive in the UK given it's on FX and I've managed to find this:

UK - FX

Key BARB Highlights:

- Delivered a total of 128,200 People 4+ viewers for the live run.

- Strong come back for its second week, episode 2 delivered more viewers with an increase of +27% vs. the premiere (158.700 vs. 128.200).

I don't know what FX normally does so whether that's good for them, but regardless of that, it's at least good news that it increased. biggrin.gif

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 16 2011, 01:16 AM
Post #14
Group icon
Pleased to hear about the ratings! biggrin.gif I suspect 'The Walking Dead' is the biggest show on FX at the moment, do we know what kind of viewers that is pulling in?

Anyway, finally caught up with last weeks episode. Absolutely brilliant. Some fantastic character development. Evan Peters is a fantastic actor! I suspect big things for him the near future! It's a shame that Tate won't be around for anymore episodes (bar next week, I suspect?) at the moment. He's definitely the most interesting character in the show for me. I wonder why he did what he did though? Was he possessed by that Demon thing that attacked that girl in episode 1? Or are supposed to think he's just some sort of psycho? When Constance interacted with Adelaide one last time, it really pulled on my heart strings. Some very touching moments.

Looking forward to tomorrow's episode. (Oh and I adore the flashbacks at the start of most episodes!)

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 25 2011, 02:01 AM
Post #15
Group icon
Just started watching episode 8... I literally cannot believe that Tate was the "rubber man"! Going to watch the rest of this episode now and will edit this post later, after I've seen it.

EDIT: Absolutely fantastic episode! Nice to finally get some movement on why the spirits are in the house and it was interesting to see why they need want the babies so desperately. Very tense and interesting viewing.

+Quote this post
Qween
post Nov 25 2011, 09:29 AM
Post #16
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
I guessed the rubber man was Tate a while back, it seemed the only logical choice.

Anyway yes fantastic episode, so much happened, it felt like it was closer to the finale than episode 8 so hopefully there's no filler between now and the end. I was actually rooting for Vivienne to DIE, she's so f***ing useless and irritating.

+Quote this post
LUKΞ
post Nov 25 2011, 09:57 AM
Post #17
Group icon
BuzzJack Gold Member
It was kind of obvious that it's Tate (especially from the trailer), it's a good choice I would say, better than some ghost of the house or the evil of the house itself IMO. It just makes sense.
I'm still interested to see how will the babies look like considering the father is a dead boy.

This post has been edited by Luke_cz: Nov 25 2011, 09:58 AM

+Quote this post
Tafty³³³
post Nov 25 2011, 09:57 AM
Post #18
Group icon
I was too. She just seems so hard to sympathise with. She sort of gets there but at the ultimate point, she just fails and leaves me feeling a bit cold. Although the looks she gave to her daughter were quite chilling and it was the first time I felt sorry for her.

Can I also just say how brilliant Taissa and Evan work together? I can't see how this will be the last episode with Tate in! He's pretty much a part of the show now and I imagine he's got quite the fanbase that if they got rid of him they'd lose most of their 18-30 audience (or whatever it is they need for success in America haha) Although IMDB is lying. They have everyone else on the right amount of episodes (apart from Constance - who is featured in all 13 episodes, despite not being seen in the latest one) from what I can see. But Tate is only on 6 when he's been in 7. I guess Ryan had a change of heart on Tate and decided to keep him? unsure.gif

+Quote this post
Qween
post Nov 25 2011, 10:07 AM
Post #19
Group icon
Schlagerdrottningen
I will be very annoyed if Tate isn't in it anymore. Aside from being brilliant, he's also HOT. Not that that constitutes much of my love for the show, but it' a nice bonus *.*

+Quote this post
J❄️hq
post Nov 25 2011, 05:45 PM
Post #20
Group icon
my anxiety attacks
QUOTE(Jáhq @ Nov 10 2011, 09:43 PM) *
As for Connie Britton, I don't mind her, she seems to be the only sane one in the show

Look how wrong that was.

They can't get rid of Tate now, not now we know he's the rubber man and thus the father of the babies. This is pretty messed up, Tate was the most logical option but now we have confirmation, and he's slept with both Vivienne and her daughter. I was wondering if Vivienne was going to die, it's not like she'd have to be out of the show if she did, but I also sympathise with her at times, I find it frustrating slightly when you see other characters thinking she's crazy when we've actually seen this stuff happening.

We might have had a quick glance of Constance but I can't remember, nothing major.

+Quote this post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Post reply to this threadCreate a new thread

1 users are reading this thread (1 guests and 0 anonymous users)
0 members:

Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:25 PM