BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I, Tonya, Margot Robbie, Allison Janney, Sebastian Stan
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Josh!
post Oct 19 2017, 10:11 PM
Post #1
c:
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 20,692

Bit of a weird accent coming from Margot Robbie here? Janney looks like she could be fab though! Sebastian Stan with facial hair too!!! *-*
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mack.
post Oct 20 2017, 07:52 AM
Post #2
The sports fanatic
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,915
   No Gallery Pics

Guessing that this is mostly based on what happened in Lillehammer 1994 with her and Nancy Kerrigan? With the 'infamous' incident.

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Oct 30 2017, 11:34 PM
Post #3
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

Love the teaser *.*

Full trailer on Wednesday cheer.gif

+Quote Post
UltraReputation
post Nov 1 2017, 07:37 PM
Post #4
I'm a mess but I'm the mess that you wanted.
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 20,947

And I think this has just become my most hyped Oscar Contender of the year! Looks SO good, Margot & Allison coming for those Oscars <3

+Quote Post
Josh!
post Dec 8 2017, 09:35 AM
Post #5
c:
Member No.: 20,692

Sufjan Stevens has released a track for the film. OBVIOUSLY not his best soundtrack single of the year but it is really good. Starting to get more & more hyped to see this film now too w00t.gif

+Quote Post
Theo.
post Jan 6 2018, 05:04 PM
Post #6
IDGAF
Member No.: 8,661

I watched this last night, I liked it but I think it dragged on for a bit too long. Both Margot and Allison were excellent in their roles although some of the scenes with Tonya and her husband (and to a lesser extent her mother too) were quite difficult to watch. I didn't know anything about what went down before I watched it so was rooting for Tonya throughout and I loved the use of the fourth wall throughout the flashback scenes. Overall probably 6 or 7/10.

I'm surprised that this is being considered a Comedy for the Golden Globes but pleasing to see the two actors nominated in their respective categories.

+Quote Post
Regina
post Jan 6 2018, 05:07 PM
Post #7
Raining Shitter
Group: Banned
Member No.: 5,572

Sebastian Stan's GG nomination...WHERE IS IT?

+Quote Post
PaulM1983
post Jan 6 2018, 05:55 PM
Post #8
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 6,471
   No Gallery Pics

Really enjoyed this, even if it did balance on the line between parody and black comedy at times.

Margot and Allison were outstanding though. I really knew nothing about Tonya's story, so I found it really interesting. What a character.

+Quote Post
Jade
post Mar 18 2018, 11:05 PM
Post #9
Mrs Brayden Smith <333
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 12,810

I was only vaguely aware of the 1994 scandal, so I was pleased that this film educated me about what exactly happened! I am glad that we got to learn about Tonya's relationships too, what an upsetting upbringing she had and nasty relationship she went through. Like Theo said, some of the scenes between Tonya and Jeff were pretty hard to watch. Anyway, Allison and Margot in particular did an exquisite job with their roles! The strong acting is a huge part of the appeal of this film for me. I love to watch ice skating too so all the routines throughout were very enjoyable! I can't imagine how much work must have gone into all the CGI with Margot and a stunt double.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2018 - 02:54 AM