BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jupiter 2017: Week #45, pieces of me, my soul and my heart // +links +write-up
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Jupiteer
post Nov 7 2017, 08:48 AM
Post #1
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Into November and ROZES holds steady for a second week; only seven or eight weeks left in the year for new folk to challenge for the top spot, before it will be time for my 2017 top 100 countdown! Seems so recent since I did the one for 2016 ohmy.gif Just behind ROZES, Skott reaches a new peak in her fourth week, as does Amanda Delara in her second, both chased close by brand new entries from Beth Ditto and Rita Ora, the latter being a tune I've found myself completely u-turning on. The Weeknd's Rockin's the only other new entry into the top ten as everything else just reshuffles from last week. Just beyond it, big surges come this week for Tove Lo (which I can now pronounce properly, thanks to that video) and rising rapstar Cardi B.

As for brand new entries, along with the aforementioned, debuts this week come from Clean Bandit featuring Julia Michaels, Emily Warren with a new one, Weezer, Princess Nokia, Lana Del Rey, James Hersey, The Killers, Blondie, Honey., Stereophonics, Pvris, Jon Jupiter and Mome. Some are brand new and straight in, some have been marinating for a while before they've managed to break through up this far. Elsewhere in the chart, Stefflon Don's run of yo-yoing between #10 and #20 continues for a ninth week running, becoming a contender for the second longest running track of the year in these charts consecutively. On the other end of the spectrum, Jhene Aiko's While We're Young re-enters after a 16 week break thanks to a new album edit which makes for a much better listen than the single edit released.

All new entries should be getting individual video links and a bit of commentary later on in the week, so check back and that’ll save you having to search them out individually, I’ll update the thread title accordingly when those are done. Also, feel free to comment yourself! I like comments biggrin.gif

For now, the top 40 tracking this first week of November 2017:

01 ROZES - Famous [8-2-1-1]
02 Skott - Mermaid [14-5-5-2]
03 Amanda Delara - Dirhamz [7-3]
04 Rita Ora - Anywhere [N]
05 Beth Ditto - Love in Real Life [N]
06 Era Istrefi ft. French Montana - No I Love Yous [7-3-2-6]
07 Paramore - Grudges [8-7]
08 Pink ft. Eminem - Revenge [38-10-8]
09 Jessie Ware - Alone [34-X1-30-7-11-9]
10 The Weeknd - Rockin [18-15-10]
11 Cardi B - Bodak Yellow [38-11]
12 Tove Lo - Disco Tits [30-28-12]
13 Clean Bandit ft. Julia Michaels - I Miss You [N]
14 Emily Warren - Poking Holes [N]
15 Stereophonics - Caught By the Wind [N]
16 Marian Hill - Take Your Time [39-26-16]
17 Weezer - Weekend Woman [N]
18 Stefflon Don ft. French Montana - Hurtin Me [13-10-18-12-16-17-16-14-18]
19 Avicii ft. Rita Ora - Lonely Together [5-9-6-19]
20 Texas - Can't Control [21-20]
21 Gryffin ft. Katie Pearlman - Nobody Compares to You [16-21]
22 Ally Ryan - Wasted [12-18-22]
23 Pink - Beautiful Trauma [19-2-4-3-23]
24 Goldfish - Rising Sun [23-17-24]
25 James Hersey - Everyone's Talking [N]
26 Princess Nokia - Kitana [N]
27 Lana Del Rey - 13 Beaches [N]
28 The Killers - Tyson vs Douglas [N]
29 Honey. - Can't Be on the Record [N]
30 Blondie - Doom or Destiny [N]
31 Ralph - Tease [40-31-31]
32 Jhene Aiko - While We're Young [24-18-16-X16-32]
33 Rebecca Black - Wasted Youth [23-33]
34 Break Science ft. Paperwhite - Force of Nature [31-25-34]
35 Beck - Square One [19-35]
36 Pvris - Are You Ten Years Ago [N]
37 Guy Sebastian - Keep Me Coming Back [36-37]
38 Matt Terry - Sucker For You [20-38]
39 Mome ft. LissA - It's Okay [N]
40 Jon Jupiter - Louder [N]

#1s this year:
Fickle Friends – Brooklyn (2)
Dua Lipa – Be The One (3)
Ed Sheeran – Castle On the Hill (1)
Tal – Slow Down the Flow (1)
Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa – Scared To Be Lonely (2)
Katy Perry ft. Skip Marley – Chained To The Rhythm (2)
Calvin Harris ft. Frank Ocean + Migos – Slide (2)
Nicki Minaj ft. Drake + Lil Wayne – No Frauds (1)
Era Istrefi ft. Felix Snow – Redrum (2)
Chainsmokers ft. Jhenι Aiko – Wake Up Alone (3)
Lady Gaga – The Cure (1)
Wale ft. Major Lazer, Dua Lipa + WizKid – My Love (1)
Syn Cole ft. Nevve – Sway (2)
Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan – There For You (1)
Little Mix ft. Stormzy – Power (2)
Martin Garrix & Troye Sivan – There For You (1)
Jax Jones ft. Demi Lovato + Stefflon Don – Instruction (1)
DJ Khaled ft. Rihanna + Bryson Tiller – Wild Thoughts (1)
The XX – Seasons Run (1)
Inna ft. Erick – Ruleta (1)
Lana Del Rey – Cherry (2)
DJ Cassidy ft. Grace + Lil Yachty – Honor (1)
Lana Del Rey ft. Stevie Nicks – Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems (1)
Pink – What About Us (2)
Nelly Furtado – Magic (1)
HAIM – Nothing’s Wrong (2)
Jhenι Aiko ft. Twenty88 – OLLA (Only Lovers Left Alive) (3)
ROZES – Famous (~)

My spotify picks arrow right.gif {A-List} arrow right.gif {B-List} arrow right.gif {C-List}

This post has been edited by Jupiteer: Tuesday, 09:03 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
toffochews
post Nov 8 2017, 12:19 PM
Post #2
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,120
   No Gallery Pics

good #1, and great to see rita debuting high...
nice p!nk, beth, jessie w, texas!
that emily warren track is really good, i'll be pinching it for my chart!
good chart!

+Quote Post
Jupiteer
post Tuesday, 09:03 AM
Post #3
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Artist Mod
Member No.: 22,895
   No Gallery Pics

Guess who's actually doing links and commentary this week? This kid.

It's ROZES' second week at #1, her highest peaking track by a fair margin now, outpeaking self-titled feature Roses with the Chainsmokers (#10, 2016) and earlier this year feature Matches with Cash Cash. Skott's Mermaid reaches a new peak for both itself and a BJSC song that's not one of my own, Hushky surprisingly enough for a more pop nation hitting my taste bang on with this last bunch of entries. Other BJSC-related entries sticking around this week include Ralph's Tease, a potential I considered sending that's currently trading as a favourite to win BJSC100 for another nation, and another potential of my own by Princess Nokia. Let's get on to that one first.

Fishing in a similar pool as my BJSC100 entry by Brooke Candy, Princess Nokia brings swagger to the track actually backed up by some boxing prowess in the track's video, featuring enough bad girls for this to probably become a decent BuzzJack hit - at least amongst those who ain't allergic to hip-hop. Jon Jupiter's another new entry on the R&B-urban side of things, while Amanda Delara's another BJSC potential I never got round to dropping a link in for last week.

Highest new entries this week on the pop spectrum, a triptych for Rita Ora, Clean Bandit, and Emily Warren, scoring her highest solo charter with new song Poking Holes. Wouldn't at all put it past any of these three to work together in the future, too.

Slower indie section now headed by Lana Del Rey as 13 Beaches becomes her 9th charting entry this year. Alongside her album tracks dotted through the lower top 40, Lana's scored six 2017 top 5s including two chart-toppers. Honey., James Hersey and PVRIS's fab Tegan and Sara cover from the anniversary The Con covers album join it in this group.

And finally a faster indie/rock/alt section, plus a rare restrained ballad from belter rock goddess Beth Ditto of (The) Gossip (embarrassingly, with a fan-crush video as it's the only place the audio's on youtube). Beth's joined by new entries from varying shades of retro bands Blondie, Weezer, Stereophonics and The Killers. Joining them representing now-older artists in the chart this week are Paramore and Pink in the top ten, Texas, and Beck. I guess I am myself now an older person, unashamed though. Hope there are some discoveries to be made by some of you from this bunch, and if not, that you enjoyed them nonetheless. Feel free to fire a comment if so, or if not biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
sergejdordij98
post Tuesday, 09:41 AM
Post #4
BuzzJack Regular
Group: Members
Member No.: 39,723
   No Gallery Pics

Great chart Jupiter!
I like the debuts of Rita Ora, Clean Bandit and Lana Del Rey!
Also I still need to hear the Stereophonics and The Killers tracks!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 11:28 PM