BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Latest Site News

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Czech Republic · Eurovision Song Contest 2018, Back to a National Final
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
AdamAloud
post Dec 7 2017, 05:58 PM
Post #1
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

Czech Republic

???
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AdamAloud
post Dec 7 2017, 05:58 PM
Post #2
I was born 7 million years ago in Sweden, Africa
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 11,955

Today it was announced that the Czech Republic will hold a national final to select their representative for Lisbon. Six acts in total will compete.

The winner will be determined by a mixture of an international jury and the public. Viewers will be able to vote for the favourtie via the official Eurovision app, according to Jan Frost Bors, the country’s new Head of Delegation. He continued to state:

“This season we are going to put special focus on stage performance and look – we would like to prepare everything in Czech Republic and bring it to Portugal. We really appreciate growing interest amongst the Czech musicians and producers. It shows a positive attitude towards the biggest and most spectacular musical show in the world.”

Only 36 songs came from Czech songwriters from the 400 entries submitted. The following artists are reportedly in the running: Mikolas Josef, Thom Artway, Annabelle Marketa Konvickova, Pavel Callta, Dasha, Elis Mraz, Yanna, Mariana Pracharova, Doctor Victor and Eddie Stoilow. Czech Republic held their last national final ten years ago.

https://www.escxtra.com/2017/12/07/czech-re...t-entry-lisbon/

Mikolas Josef has confirmed he has entered his single 'Lie To Me' to the national selection, we'll have to see if he's chosen. It's full of lyrics-of-the-year contenders!

+Quote Post
Styles Bilinski
post Dec 8 2017, 02:11 AM
Post #3
alt er love
Group: Entertainment Mod
Member No.: 8,674

Well I approve of HIM and I think I could get used to that song too. It sounds rather up to date and would quite easily be the best thing that they've sent so far.

+Quote Post
Lenny
post Dec 9 2017, 11:49 PM
Post #4
BuzzJack Enthusiast
Group: Members
Member No.: 23,643
   No Gallery Pics

I'd really like to see Czech Republic do well. It's about time. They haven't sent anything spectacular to date, but they must surely have it in them. I did really like "I Stand", though, and that did make the final at least.

Also, are they not moving to using the name Czechia rather than Czech Republic? I thought that was what their government had announced... it's all a bit confusing!

+Quote Post
Ryan.
post Thursday, 08:31 PM
Post #5
BuzzJack Legend
Group: Members
Member No.: 12,608
   No Gallery Pics

Assuming Mikolas is amongst the finalists as is rumoured heavily, he would do excellently! Of course we don't know the competition, but Lie to Me is an easy qualifier and I could imagine that in top 10 contention along the lines of Donny Montell.

Don't waste this chance Czechs!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th December 2017 - 11:36 PM