BuzzJack
Entertainment Discussion

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register | Help )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Good Girls, Netflix
Track this topic - Email this topic - Print this topic - Download this topic - Subscribe to this forum
Theonix
post Aug 24 2018, 01:02 PM
Post #1
BUY Phoenix on Amazon / STREAM Phoenix on Spotify
Group: Members
Member No.: 8,661

Has anyone seen the show Good Girls on Netflix? It was originally shown on NBC in the US earlier this year but has been uploaded to Netflix in the UK!

The show follows three mothers who are struggling to make ends meet and decide to steal $30,000 from the supermarket where one of them is works and the events that follow.

It's a good laugh - I'm only up to the fourth episode but I'm enjoying it a lot so far. All three of the main characters are hilarious and likeable (which I've struggled to find with a lot of programmes that I've watched this year). If I were to choose a favourite character, it would be Ruby (played by Retta, Donna in Parks & Rec). Christina Hendricks and Mae Whitman play the other two leads Beth and Annie, who are also sisters. I'm looking forward to seeing what else happens though (I did watch a bit of what I presume is the next episode with a friend a few months ago). It's only a 10 episode run but it's been renewed for a second season.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dexton
post Aug 24 2018, 01:34 PM
Post #2
rip in peace Dickston
Group: AF Leader
Member No.: 25,045
   No Gallery Pics

I watched this a few weeks ago, so good! Mae Whitman plays Ann from Arrested Development which was the main reason I started it, then I realised it had Retta and Rickety Cricket from It's Always Sunny and I stayed *.* Plus Shaggy from the live action Scooby Doo movies

A really funny show with an intriguing and cohesive story to it which don't often come together, my mums watched it all too and she enjoyed it. When I first started I thought the whole series would be only about the supermarket heist but after the first episode it's more about how each of them deal with what they've done and change as people

+Quote Post
ɥɔʇᴉq
post Aug 24 2018, 06:37 PM
Post #3
#JusticeForFreeWoman
Group: Members
Member No.: 4,397

QUOTE(Dexton @ Aug 24 2018, 04:34 PM) *
I watched this a few weeks ago, so good! Mae Whitman plays Ann from Arrested Development which was the main reason I started it, then I realised it had Retta and Rickety Cricket from It's Always Sunny and I stayed *.* Plus Shaggy from the live action Scooby Doo movies

A really funny show with an intriguing and cohesive story to it which don't often come together, my mums watched it all too and she enjoyed it. When I first started I thought the whole series would be only about the supermarket heist but after the first episode it's more about how each of them deal with what they've done and change as people

good girls: the prequel

+Quote Post
Quarantilas
post Aug 27 2018, 08:33 PM
Post #4
Queen of Soon
Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,474

This show is sooooo good! I wanted to watch it because of Retta, Chritsina and Mae because i've loved them all in other things. They are a great cast and i can't wait for the second season to start

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2020 - 04:19 PM